Rear Fender options - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Rear Fender options

Hello all,

Looking for input on rear plate and turn signal options. This topic has been addressed dozens of times, what's different is that a previous owner did some of their own work and I'm trying to figure out if that limits my options. I like the stainless fender mount that others have suggested and would also like to use Rizoma zero lights on the sides to replace the caulked in bulbs.

Question 1) Does the fender area leave enough room to attach the usual aftermarket license plate mounts

Question 2) What appears to be the ideal location to mount the lights considering to existing holes added by the previous owner

As it stands now, with a rider seated you can't see the license plate even from the 6 o'clock position, while that holds appeal for a lot of folks I'm not ok with that. The signals are next to invisible during the day, I use hand signals too, maybe I'm OCD but I feel the need for something a little more substantial.

Also looking to do a custom LED taillight swap but that seems fairly cut and dry. I've thought about the integrated turn signal option, it seems that has worked well for a lot of people.

Apologies if this is long winded, I'm kinda obsessed with this project at the moment. Thanks for any feedback for this noob.

Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3049953496.jpg (62.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image-1427059686.jpg (48.5 KB, 28 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
The Cripple

a compwerks fender will fit perfect. so will an OEM mud flap. it looks like the PO cut a strip off of the OEM mudflap and mounted that to the mount points and added in "bulbs"

i currently run the comp werks fender (got a great deal on it), rizoma zero 11's AND the CUSTOMLED integrated unit, frickin love it.

either way, you CANT go wrong with a CUSTOMLED unit. just do it!

post #3 of 4 Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I WANNA RIDE!

It looks like all the previous owner did was hack off the rear fender. If this is so I think you can still attach an aftermarket fender eliminator as you remove the entire rear fender anyway.
I know it's not a popular one but I have the Jardine fender eliminator and I like it. It also provides new mounting holes for taillights if you don't go with an integrated rear light.

Jardine Supersport Fender Kit for CB900F 919 04-07 - Fender Eliminator - Street Parts - SoloMotoParts.com - Motorcycle Parts, Accessories and Gear

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2012, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode