Mister B tell us the story of your test flight/ride on the CBF1000, it's a good distance to Canada from here in Charleston, SC just for a test ride.
Now let them fingers do the talking!
Here are my first impressions after riding a 2008 CBF1000 for 15 min; ps: I intend to take it for a more extended ride.
- Very comfy seat and riding position, a bit more straight up than the 919; the suspension is much more forgiving over "pot holes" but have not tried the bike one curvy road. However very good torque over all the range (it seems beeter thatn the 919) but maybe it was only the exhilaration of trying the new bike??
- I t amazing how smooth the shifting and hard acceleration (straight line) is.
- Very good breaking. Though, however I have not engaged the ABS.
- The wind screen has two manually adjusted height; on the lowest position there was no more no less that the Givi A276 screen.,, I am planning to have it adjusted to its highest position (~1.5in higher) when I take for a "longer ride". PS: The bike seating height can be adjusted +/_ 15 mm or +/- 5/8”.
-Good grunty sound form the exhaust pipes.. but I did not take care too much for the shape or finish (one up for the 919).
- All and all very enjoyable first ride...
PS: comes only in 2 colors tough black or silver metallic.
The retail price is Canada is $11,999.00; so how many do we already have for a group buy?
'02 919 and I love it.... but the CBF1000 is turning my head; decision, decision!