Quick question - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 06-13-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quick question

Hey. I"m thinking about putting the ultra lows on my bike. I'm not that tall of a guy (5'7" on a good day) and I just wanted to check if anyone thought I might be better off with the lows. I know there are a bunch of guys who love the ultra lows, any of you my height and ride the ultra lows?

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-13-2008, 07:12 PM
No life like low life

I was also wondering if the Ultra lows would be to low for me. I bought the 9er for the relatively relaxed seating position in the first place, not sure that I wanted to give that up. I was also thinking about just the Lows. The thing I noticed about the lows is the significant amount of pull back versus the ultra lows, streetfighters, and even the stock bars. I ended up compromising and getting the streetfighters, they are a little taller than the Ultra lows, but a little shorter than the stock bars. They are also a straighter bar, and a lot wider too.
I am about 5'9" and very glad that I got the streetfighters, they seem to be a perfect fit for me, and I really dig the crossbar. In the end it comes down to whatever fits YOU best. Under useful links is a link to renthal handle bar dimensions, look at the different dimensions shown, compare them to your stock bars, and pick what suits you best. I dont think you can go wrong, as the renthals are a big improvement over the stock bars anyway. Also look around here at pics of other peoples bikes with the different bars mounted on them, that should also give you an Idea.

Knees in the breeze!
post #3 of 7 Old 06-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Optio

I just put on ultra lows, but I'm 6'2" with long arms. Haven't been able to put many miles on them due to lovely mother nature, but the little extra reach ended up being benificial to me. Just seems a tad more comfortable.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Milites Gregarius

I just put the Renthal highs on I don't really care for the look compared to lower bars, but I like to go for long rides - when I go for a ride I don't give a crap - this bike is comfy! I'm 5'10, but I have arms and legs of a 5'8 guy and the torso of a 6'1 guy - I'd go with the mids or highs if I were you.

post #5 of 7 Old 06-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quick answer

I have the ultra lows on my 9er and love them. BTW: I'm 5'5"(no short jokes).

post #6 of 7 Old 06-14-2008, 09:08 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

ultra lows

I'm 6'1" and i put on a set of ultra lows with some renthal grips a few weeks ago and have around 800 miles on the and love every minute. I strongly suggest you drill new holes on the underside of the renthals instead of grinding off the tabs inside the plastic, because i dremeled mine away and have to hold them in place by resting my brake lines against my brake lever adjuster screw. They are only $60 and $10 for the grips so i say go ahead and give them a chance. if you dont like them put 'em on ebay or the forum and they will sell fast

post #7 of 7 Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Milites Gregarius

the previous owner of my bike ground the tabs off, just roll some electric tape 2 times around the bar under the case(s) - there will be no movement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode