Question for those who use Sato rearsets on the track - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Slow=Smooth=Fast

Question for those who use Sato rearsets on the track

Hi folks,

I used to post on Project919, but haven't posted here 'til now...so howdy!

On to my question(s): What position do you have your adjustable Sato rearsets set to for riding on the track? Also, do you use a different position for the street?

Personally I run mine at the lowest position for comfort on the street and leave it there for the track. The lowest position seemed cramped at first compared to stock and took a bit of getting used to. But now that I'm comfortable with it and occaisionally grinding my toe sliders at lean (yes, I'm on the balls of my feet), I'm wondering if a higher position is warranted. I know I'm not hanging off as much as I could and I'm definitely not going as fast as some others, but I'm curious what works best for other 9'ers.

best,

C3N4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 6

Run'em high enough to still be comfortable and not compromise use of controls and/or side to side transitions.
Low enough as not to contact the track or compromise lean angle. Or limit bike.
Sounds as if your right about "there."
Adjusting preload, I.E., Ride height will help the occasional toe contact by increasing ground clearance.
If that's done. Raise'em up one & see if it feels right. Given the bike that it is, Your gon'a have some limitations.
Have fun!

post #3 of 4 Old 01-16-2007, 07:52 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

If you are draggin the Sato rearsets even on the lowest position then you need to work on your body position & lean off more...

post #4 of 4 Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Slow=Smooth=Fast

Thanks for the advise guys! From the pic of my most recent trackday at Laguna Seca you can tell that I don't lean off as much as many others do. I could certainly stick my knee out more and lean my upper body inside more.

But it's just that for me to hang off significantly more would mean two things: One, that I would have to get more than one butt cheek off the seat (which I've been advised is too much). Two, that I would have to figure out a better way to grip the outside of the tank with my outside leg--I have a short inseam and therefore can't hang off as far as some others.

I suppose my rather conservative street-riding tendencies don't serve me quite as well on the track...except perhaps to keep me from crashing. This track riding thing sure is fun tho!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MF1A7193.jpg (42.3 KB, 30 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode