Power Commander ? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 10-04-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Power Commander ?

I just got a PC3 and while hooking it up i realized that i couldn't hook up both connectors to the license plate light, is there a possibility of a problem there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

I just installed mine last week, and had no problem. In fact, I don't think I had to disconnect the connectors to the LP light at all? Can you post a pic so we can see what the prob is?

post #3 of 15 Old 10-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Centurion

You are not following the Euro instructions are you?

post #4 of 15 Old 10-04-2006, 09:53 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce919er View Post
You are not following the Euro instructions are you?
Even if he was, all that involves is attaching a supplied auxiliary wire, and crimping another wire off the grey ECU connector.

post #5 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

There is a single red wire with 2 connectors at the end, one male and one female, the instructions say to unplug the light and plug these connectors into it. I removed the light so i only have one connector available. Also any ideas of where i could put the PC, it won't work if i put it where the instructions tell me to. thanks again

post #6 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 919newbie View Post
There is a single red wire with 2 connectors at the end, one male and one female, the instructions say to unplug the light and plug these connectors into it. I removed the light so i only have one connector available. Also any ideas of where i could put the PC, it won't work if i put it where the instructions tell me to. thanks again
The PC3 gets it's power from the license plate light lead. If you have completely removed the plug, then find another switched 12 volt source and tap that. Simple!

As for placement, yes, the instructions have you place it on the frame under the seat and that will not work if you have a 4-hook seat, since the 4-hook seat has a large support brace that sits on the frame where DynoJet would have you put the Power Commander. I have told several folks at DynoJet this... may have fallen on deaf ears?

here is where I finally put mine.

You will have to loosen the undertail and route the wiring harness through a suitable void for this to look clean. I used Velcro to hold it in place.

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #7 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks Moto, i think i might try the placement you used. As for the powering of the PC, i think i got it to work by just plugging into the remaining plug for the light, i turn the bike on and the PC turns on so i think its good.

post #8 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Thanks Moto, i think i might try the placement you used. As for the powering of the PC, i think i got it to work by just plugging into the remaining plug for the light, i turn the bike on and the PC turns on so i think its good.
Right.. you don't have to actually plug the license plate light into it. Glad to hear you got it working.

- Rev. CYCHO -

post #9 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 02:41 PM
DaveCB919F4

Be sure to load the accelerator pump utility. It's worth the cost of the PC. Really smooths the bike out.

post #10 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Wrench wannabe

Man I gotta save up for a PC. and of course SATOs

post #11 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbackdlm View Post
Be sure to load the accelerator pump utility. It's worth the cost of the PC. Really smooths the bike out.
What settings do you run? What elevation?

post #12 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce919er View Post
What settings do you run? What elevation?
Ditto, i have it on my computer, just gotta upload it to the PC, its a pain in the a$$ though since it has to stay on the bike rather than disconnecting.

post #13 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Ditto, i have it on my computer, just gotta upload it to the PC, its a pain in the a$$ though since it has to stay on the bike rather than disconnecting.
Solution = Notebook with USB ports

My PC3 came with a 9volt battery connector so I could power it away from the bike. It works.

- Rev. CYCHO -

post #14 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 06:22 PM
DaveCB919F4

I use 90% sensitivity, 15% rich, 15 revolutions. It's a bit rich. I'm always tweeking the throttle so I may need to turn the sensitivity down to 85%. I'm running the big bore sato map with a K&N filter. I removed the flapper and drilled 6 1/2" holes in the side of the filter cover. I also removed everything in the exhaust cans but the little bit of packing around the outside. At one point the cans were empty but they resonated (the ringing noise would wake the dead). I think San Antonio is real close to sea level. The PC really smothed the throttle out in the corners.

Have fun...go fast

post #15 of 15 Old 10-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbackdlm View Post
I use 90% sensitivity, 15% rich, 15 revolutions. It's a bit rich. I'm always tweeking the throttle so I may need to turn the sensitivity down to 85%. I'm running the big bore sato map with a K&N filter. I removed the flapper and drilled 6 1/2" holes in the side of the filter cover. I also removed everything in the exhaust cans but the little bit of packing around the outside. At one point the cans were empty but they resonated (the ringing noise would wake the dead). I think San Antonio is real close to sea level. The PC really smothed the throttle out in the corners.

Have fun...go fast
Same issue here. Try much less sensitivity. and much less rich and max revs.
20% sensitivity
5% rich maybe 10% tops
40 revs (the difference between 15 revs and 40 revs is barely noticeable when you consider the bike has a 10,000 RPM)

- Rev. CYCHO -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode