PCIII Problem - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

PCIII Problem

Okay so I just installed the PCIII, everything is working except my headlight. What did I do wrong?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-16-2009, 12:18 AM
CB900

Does the headlight come on with the high beam flash button?

I come from the land Down Under, Where the women blow and the men thunder!!
post #3 of 8 Old 09-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Imaginifer

Obvious question i know.......but is the bulb ok?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/woodyeee/IMAG0306.jpg
post #4 of 8 Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Bulb is fine, I took everything apart again and checked all the connections. Headlight works now. High beam did not work either when nothing was working. After I got it working again it went off once more, but I turned the bike off and restarted it and the headlight came back on and has been on since. Which connector for the PCIII has something to do with the headlight? The headlight is the only light on the bike that has had any issue.

post #5 of 8 Old 09-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacadkin View Post
Bulb is fine, I took everything apart again and checked all the connections. Headlight works now. High beam did not work either when nothing was working. After I got it working again it went off once more, but I turned the bike off and restarted it and the headlight came back on and has been on since. Which connector for the PCIII has something to do with the headlight? The headlight is the only light on the bike that has had any issue.
That is a weird one. AFAIK the headlight on the 919 doesn't even use a relay like on most other bikes/cars. The hot lead comes right up thru the left switch pod and down to the headlight lamp. I think it makes a round thru the right switch pod as well? Might even go thru the key switch.. would need to break out the schematic to verify that. The headlight comes on with just the key, bike not even running. I would say your headlight intermittent outage is unrelated directly to the PC3 install.. possibly a result of indirect contact during the process.. but there just isn't a direct link between the two. Perhaps you have a loose wire by the fuse holder? or corrosion on the fuse/holder? Look there. I'd bet if you mess with the wiring some more you can reproduce the headlight outage.

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #6 of 8 Old 09-16-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Weird observation. Most of the time since the install the headlight comes on just fine when I turn the key. A couple of times it hasn't though, and comes on when I actually start it. It stays on while riding and everything. This just seems strange!

post #7 of 8 Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacadkin View Post
Weird observation. Most of the time since the install the headlight comes on just fine when I turn the key. A couple of times it hasn't though, and comes on when I actually start it. It stays on while riding and everything. This just seems strange!
We talking about a Honda 919, right?

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #8 of 8 Old 09-16-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Yes, we're talking about a 919

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode