PC3 altenatives - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By mcromo44
  • 1 Post By Pvster

post #1 of 12 Old 01-19-2017, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
The Instigator

PC3 altenatives

There seems like quite a few that won't (I'd assume) cause a cold start issue. Has anyone tried any of these?

I have one like the last one on my Bandit but Dale at Holeshot set it up, wondering if Dynojet are the only ones that actually have a plug and play map that would work.

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/...ceBox_Inst.pdf

Honda CB919 / Hornet - Dobeck Performance Products: EFI Controllers, AFR Gauge

https://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Boost-Ad.../dp/B004TYIIHA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wiseco-Fuel-...BXZX-l&vxp=mtr

2007 919
2003 CBR1100XX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-19-2017, 05:27 PM
The Cripple

The cold start issue is a non issue if you utilize the procedure that's been proven to work with zero negative impact.

post #3 of 12 Old 01-19-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
The Instigator

I took mine off just to prove to myself it really was making it hard to start. What I wasn't expecting was the throttle to get all snatchy, forgot what a difference it makes so I guess I have to put the damn thing back on now.

2007 919
2003 CBR1100XX
post #4 of 12 Old 01-20-2017, 03:28 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
I took mine off just to prove to myself it really was making it hard to start. What I wasn't expecting was the throttle to get all snatchy, forgot what a difference it makes so I guess I have to put the damn thing back on now.
The harsh reality is that the 919 ECU is many years oncurrent and out of production never to be used again on any new Honda.
The only highly developed and highly documented product there is for 919s, is the Power Commander.
It also does a great job, and the so called cold start issue is not a problem because of the ever so basic get-around. (A real cold start issue is near ice cold engine start of a high compression twin with straight 50 oil by run and bump method with carbs needing perfect tickle/opening/choke settings PLUS really good run and bump technique.)
On top of that, this website probably has the world's best and most complete Power Commander 919 specific info, maps included, between the Threads and the Dropbox.
Ditch likes this.

post #5 of 12 Old 01-20-2017, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
The Instigator

My bike is stock and the stock map works well for me but I was wondering if riding at 6K+ altitude would mean I could take an extra -2 across the board or if that would be a bad idea.

2007 919
2003 CBR1100XX
post #6 of 12 Old 01-20-2017, 08:00 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
My bike is stock and the stock map works well for me but I was wondering if riding at 6K+ altitude would mean I could take an extra -2 across the board or if that would be a bad idea.
Try the mw919-3stk map.
It's the final iteration of LDH's pure stock 919 mapping.

The MAP sensor should do a better job of adjustment than a simple -2 out of every map co-ordinate.

I thought I had some Colorado stock or twin aftermarket canned maps, but I don't.

NEVER use a single can 4-2-1 or 4-1 map in a stock or twin canned 919.
That said because there is at least one Colorado 900RR conversion 919 map kicking around.
Such headers, be they an aftermarket set of headers or 900RR fitted headers, have different signalling back to the inlets and compensatory fueling changes are needed to put things right.

post #7 of 12 Old 01-21-2017, 08:41 AM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
The cold start issue is a non issue if you utilize the procedure that's been proven to work with zero negative impact.
Hello Pvster!,

So this is the procedure ? :

one thing you can do is when you thumb the starter, dont deactivate the starter switch as soon as the engine fires up. keep your thumb on the starter for a few seconds after the engine starts and see what happens. my cold-start issue has largely disappeared but every once in a while it'll pop back up and if i just thumb the starter for a bit after the engine fires up, the cold start issue doesn't reveal itself.

(you wrote that in another thread several years ago)

Thanks

post #8 of 12 Old 01-21-2017, 08:53 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario_hawk View Post
Hello Pvster!,

So this is the procedure ? :

one thing you can do is when you thumb the starter, dont deactivate the starter switch as soon as the engine fires up. keep your thumb on the starter for a few seconds after the engine starts and see what happens. my cold-start issue has largely disappeared but every once in a while it'll pop back up and if i just thumb the starter for a bit after the engine fires up, the cold start issue doesn't reveal itself.

(you wrote that in another thread several years ago)

Thanks
That's correct!

post #9 of 12 Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
That's correct!
What I find particularly effective is to do a small blip once it's firing nicely, then release the starter button as soon as the engine is responding to the blip.

post #10 of 12 Old 01-22-2017, 05:19 AM
Tesserarius

I dont remember my 04 919 ever having starting issues of any kind.

Im not a fan of a PC on that motorcycle. But, l live at 600'. Had Satos, most of the time, l had the 919. But, l could certainly see how a 900RR header in Colorado would need a PC.

post #11 of 12 Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
The Instigator

Can any one help me open the maps in the drop box? It keeps trying to open in Adobe, not sure it that's the right format.

2007 919
2003 CBR1100XX
post #12 of 12 Old 02-09-2017, 09:03 AM
The Cripple

You have to down load them and open in the pc software.
Ditch likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode