PC USB3 question - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 03-21-2009, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

PC USB3 question

I have a 07 919 with D&D street pack cans and a power comander USB3. Other than that all stock. I am using the stock air filter w/Erion slip-ons map. Is there any easy way to confirm the USB3 is working? The bike runs good but I am getting quite a bit of carbon at the end of the exhaust. It still seems to be running rich. Is there maybe a leaner map I should be using or might a K&N filter help lean it out a bit? I do not have the $ to have it dyno'd right now and I need all the performance I can squeeze out to stay with the guys I ride with. Thank you for any help or suggestions. I love this bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I am running the two bros map .003

I like it. I have a k&n, 900rr exhaust, ram air,etc.

It runs good

post #3 of 5 Old 03-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Optio

Find someone witha wide band. Or go to a dyno. Thats the only sure fire way I would think.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #4 of 5 Old 03-22-2009, 07:19 AM
hairball919

Do what I did when everyone kept suggesting $400 dyno...

CALL DYNOJET!! They will map your bike for you specifically for your exact mods! U den B stylin'.

They will ask you to list each mod, where YOU feel your bike could use improvement or what it is doing that you don't like. They will then set a custom map for YOUR bike while it is connected to your laptop, right there over your computer.

I did it after another guy told me he did it, and his bike ran better than it ever did! I had tons of confidence because who better to allow to map your PC3USB than the folks who MADE IT?!?!

The result? MY 919 runs better than it ever did! Besides remapping my bike, they turned on the Accelerator Pump Feature, which made a HUGE DIFFERENCE! It's freakin scarey in the lower rpms now, and shows tons of torque and hp through the entire rpm range now (like the 919 test reports claimed it already has, which was why part of why I bought this bike). My "butt dyno" may not be very accurate, but my "wrist dynos" can't be wrong! Since DynoJet set my maps, I have to hold on a LOT more when I go through the gears so as not to literally be ripped from my bike! NOW I know what they coyote felt like when he chased the roadrunner by sitting on a missle!

And the whole process only took about 10 minutes from the time I called. Just to make things go quicker and smoother, I suggest you plug in your PC3 to your laptop and also plug in the 9V battery thing BEFORE you call. That's the first thing they ask you to do. Then sit back and watch the magic cursor moving around on your monitor. When they are done they'll save it in your computer without snooping around in your folders. You can find it and rename your new map later. The other cool part? It's totally FREE! DynoJet doesn't charge for setting a custom map for YOUR specific bike! Try asking one of the local dyno shops if they can do your maps FREE!

DynoJet: 1-800-992-4993

post #5 of 5 Old 03-22-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the great advice. I will do exactly as you suggest in the next couple of weeks and let you know how it goes. I was not sure if the Power Commander was even working. The bike runs good now with the rich condition and with the correct mapping it should fly. I can't wait to get this done. Thanks, Doug

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode