Pazzos adjustment range - less then OEM - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 07-21-2007, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Pazzos adjustment range - less then OEM

Hey guys.. I sent an email to Pazzos as I find the inward adjustment range is much less then stock.. (position)...

How do you guys compare Pazzos most inward setting to stock??

thanks guys...

--------------------email sent too Pazzo-------------------
Hey Markus... I installed my Pazzo (short) and find the fit/finish and look exceptional...

But I have one concern.. My expectation with these levels was they would have a greater inward range of adjustment then my Honda OEMS.. But this is not the case I that find..

With the brake lever side.. I compared yours at the most inward setting(1) and when I bring in the OEM levers to the most inward setting (threaded dial adjuster). The Honda OEM lever is actual further inward then Pazzos...

And with the clutch, obvious Honda OEM clutch lever is not adjustable, but when I compare Pazzos most inward setting (1) to the position that the OEM would be, OEM is still further inward then

Again, I thought the benefits of the Pazzos was the greater inward position and fine adjustment capabilities compared to stock.

Any feedback would be great..

Thanks Markus...
---------------------------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 6

If inward you mean close to the grip?
I use one finger to brake & I need room for my hand between the grip & lever.I use setting 4, then 5 as things heat up.
As for the clutch I use two fingers & setting 4. The free play is 1/8" at the perch lever gap.
I would never set the lever close to the grip.
Not enough travel room.
As brakes heat up & clutches heat & wear the levers usually get moved further out.

Now if you have small hands then thats another issue.
But I can't see them not getting close enough for you & still work.

Am I on the right track with this?

post #3 of 16 Old 07-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Centurion

There is no way the OEM clutch lever is closer to the bar @ 1 than the Pazzos. #1 on the Pazzos is so close I consider it unuseable due to loack of throw like mikey mentioned. I run my clutch on 3 & my brake on 1 & find both closer to the bar than OEM. I have the longs. What are you measuring? The ball on the end or where you actually grab the lever.

post #4 of 16 Old 07-22-2007, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

For me... I find the angle of the lever from basically the pivot area is further out ( I have a picture to show) then OEM, and this is for both the brake and clutch ..

I have reinstalled my OEMs, and in comparison, the OEM levers do have a lower sweeping bend too them in the same area as noted in the photo. My comfortable hand position while riding is at the same area and this is why to me if feels like the levers are further out...

I do have the short versions of Pazzos.. I wonder if the long version would be different in design or just the same with the ends of them extended...

Oh well, they are sure great looking levers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3758.JPG (41.8 KB, 56 views)

post #5 of 16 Old 07-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Where you have pointed out it is further than OEM, why would you grab the lever there? You have minimal leverage and feel is minimal. Slide your hands out on the bar if that is where you are grabbing it.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #6 of 16 Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

I hear ya… I have tried to move my hands further out on the bars, but sub concisely my hands want to move back further in (I guess they are more comfortable there), it like a battle between me and my hands “MUST MOVE HANDS”…

I have no issue with my brake and my hand position, it is only my clutch hand.. my index finger is position just below the small hole on the lever, and I will use my other three fingers (forgot what they are called ) to pull in the lever.. But the issue I find still is I would have thought that the inward adjustment would have been move then the levers offer…

post #7 of 16 Old 07-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

On some bikes, I have moved the lever's perch inward. This has the same effect as moving your hands outward with relationship to the lever.

Just a thought.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #8 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
On some bikes, I have moved the lever's perch inward. This has the same effect as moving your hands outward with relationship to the lever.

Just a thought.
I did the same thing - made the brake feel better and easier to use for me.

post #9 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Here is a photo just for comparison from OEM to Pazzos... There is for me a noticeable difference in hand position and the design of the Pazzo, for me the OEM clutch has much nicer curve too it… The photo for me shows how their design pushes your hand position further out, and again for me, it will force me to have my hand rest on the handlebar weights.

I did get a reply from Pazzo…. And from the photo you will see that Pazzos #1 position is just the same as stock…

Morning Cory,
Jamie here, Markus is out of town.
We do our best to get our "number 1" setting as close to the bars as possible without affecting the proper function of the levers, unfortunatly with all the different types of master cylinders and perches that honda uses, (ie your perches have cast in mirror mounts, and other bikes that use the same levers as yours don't.) there will be slight differences between bikes as to where the levers sit. If we made the levers to be closer on your particular bike, they might not function properly on say an F4i. So we do our best to find that "happy" place for all models.

Regards
Jamie
[email protected]
www.pazzoracing.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3761.JPG (52.3 KB, 44 views)

post #10 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

With the pic it makes more sense. When I had them mounted, the perch was in about 1/2" to 3/4" in from the signals. The bend in the lever should be in line with your index finger. I only use two finger clutch and brake, but that worked well for me.

-Joe
post #11 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

i use the shorties

setting #1 works for either lever but not as well as adjusting it out a bit as mentioned

i use my middle & ring finger to pull the lever w/ the index finger laying on top...personally i think there is better feel that way

+! on adjusting any and all controls, folks complain of wrist pain or this and that but never consider adjusting/rotating the controls...a real shame, there is significant benefit in customizing controls, ergos, seat etc to what feels good for each individual...stock setups are just a starting point

btw/ i just did a nice run NJ to CT & back w/ Sunday shore traffic and the GWB showing "Heavy Delays"...had to use my brake/clutch something like 4,569,919 times...the pazzos are well worth it & plenty comfortable imho

post #12 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

I agree with you Ratdog and I was using the same technique "i use my middle & ring finger to pull the lever w/ the index finger laying on top", but the only issue for me was my hand width which would make my pinkie ride the ball on the end of the lever and it felt VERY odd... I think over all this technique would work for me, but I will have to get the regular (long) version of the lever to not have it effect my pinkie..

I was going to email Pazzo too see if they would help me out and replace it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
i use the shorties

setting #1 works for either lever but not as well as adjusting it out a bit as mentioned

i use my middle & ring finger to pull the lever w/ the index finger laying on top...personally i think there is better feel that way

+! on adjusting any and all controls, folks complain of wrist pain or this and that but never consider adjusting/rotating the controls...a real shame, there is significant benefit in customizing controls, ergos, seat etc to what feels good for each individual...stock setups are just a starting point

btw/ i just did a nice run NJ to CT & back w/ Sunday shore traffic and the GWB showing "Heavy Delays"...had to use my brake/clutch something like 4,569,919 times...the pazzos are well worth it & plenty comfortable imho

post #13 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Hooker.. I am not too clear on your description.. I assume you had them mounted on a 919, with all OEM setup??... If so, wondering how the perch would be different, and I am not to clear on the refernce to 1/2" to 3/4" in from the signals..

Thanks Hooker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker_47 View Post
With the pic it makes more sense. When I had them mounted, the perch was in about 1/2" to 3/4" in from the signals. The bend in the lever should be in line with your index finger. I only use two finger clutch and brake, but that worked well for me.

post #14 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Your clutch technique would put the lever in the same spot in relation to the fingers you are using that I had it in. When you move the perch in, as in closer to the middle of the handlebar, you would in return move the lever in towards the center, bringing the bend in the lever closer to where your lead finger would pull at that spot. (Does that make any sense?) The thing is, if you are using your middle and ring fingers, then moving the lever will make no difference. I moved it in because I use my index and middle fingers on the lever. I never noticed a problem with the shorties because my ring and pinkie fingers stay on the handlebars. As such, I would not know if there is enough room for all four fingers on the lever. You could probably fix the problem with a longer lever, or keep your pinkie finger on the grip.

Clear as mud?

-Joe
post #15 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
but the only issue for me was my hand width which would make my pinkie ride the ball on the end of the lever and it felt VERY odd... I think over all this technique would work for me, but I will have to get the regular (long) version of the lever to not have it effect my pinkie..
bingo...u need the longs

my little finger hit's the end as well, it's a shorty thing...i still dig them but i suppose maybe a shorty on the brake and a long on the clutch might be worth it....lots of folks do that, someone w/ a 919 & pazzos even, if memory serves

excellent topic btw, need to glance at some stock vs crg setups and see if it has the same stuff goin on

MAINTENANCE HINT: check the bolts on your controls periodically and especially after installing aftermarket levers...hornets buzz and stuff can loosen if not properly torqued on install...always take a 2nd look after a mod

post #16 of 16 Old 07-24-2007, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Roger that!....

Thanks Hooker!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker_47 View Post
Your clutch technique would put the lever in the same spot in relation to the fingers you are using that I had it in. When you move the perch in, as in closer to the middle of the handlebar, you would in return move the lever in towards the center, bringing the bend in the lever closer to where your lead finger would pull at that spot. (Does that make any sense?) The thing is, if you are using your middle and ring fingers, then moving the lever will make no difference. I moved it in because I use my index and middle fingers on the lever. I never noticed a problem with the shorties because my ring and pinkie fingers stay on the handlebars. As such, I would not know if there is enough room for all four fingers on the lever. You could probably fix the problem with a longer lever, or keep your pinkie finger on the grip.

Clear as mud?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode