Pazzo lever question - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Pazzo lever question

Hi guys. I am new to this board and love it!!! I have been searching for a board that shares my love of the 919 and this is by far the most in depth and complete site out there. I have not worked in two days because I've read just about every post and have found some great ideas on modding my ride. Keep up the good work.

Anywho, I am interested in purchasing the Pazzo levers but am not sure which model to get. I have read over previous posts but want to make sure the F4i would fit the 919.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Welcome aboard Retard! You'll fit right in.

I personally use the shorty Pazzos and luv em. The install is a 10minute job and pretty straight forward.

Edit: I don't have a clue if the F4 levers will fit

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Optio

I'm sure someone that knows a little bit more will chip in, but from what I've read the F4i one's will fit, but the clutch side fits slightly different.

Think it's motomummy?? that does have a listing for the 919, it's under CB919 in the selection part.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Welcome! I believe cpg74 is correct, but I thought it was the brake that fit weird. That just shows you what we know.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #5 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Click my Signature then go to the 919 page. You will find the information.

post #6 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Centurion

Motomummy for me. Had listing for 919. I got the longs. At first I did not like the long clutch because I could not get enough pull. Twop things were working against me:

1) they hit the stock bar end limiting travel. I switched to Renthal bar ends which are skinner so that gave me a little extra pull.

2) what I mean by "not enough pull" is my 919 would never idle down the last 200 rpm or so because of the clutch interlock switch. If I had more "pull" it would activate the switch & idle down. So to have it idle down I had to have it adjusted all the way out (defeats purpose IHMO). I finally got to sick of it I took a small punch & made sure that little switch was seated all the way in the perch--it must not have been as I can now have the lever adjusted clear in without any problems. That one little switch has caused me more grief than anything--I'm on my second one, I have no idea why idle speed is tied to it.

Long & windy that is my way of saying the longs work now but I was cussign them earlier if you search previous posts. Even more I would probably go shorty if I re did it.

post #7 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. Motomummy here I come!!

post #8 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

I went with the shortys too because the stock levers touched metal on metal with my Rizoma billet grip.. at least on the clutch side. Guess I would have bigger problems if the brake touched the grip. Anyway, the shortys took me a while to get used to. My fingers are pretty average.. but definately not long, so I find that I mostly pull the levers with my middle two fingers with my index finger touching the adjuster on the levers.. my pinky grabs a little lever sometimes.. but not really. I love the shortys now and would not switch back to long levers. I think at some point I want to get some shortys for the ZX-11 too. We'll see? That beast is eating up all my discretionary funds just trying to get all the plastics for it and keep it drag racing. I got the Pazzo's through Motomummy.

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #9 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
I love the shortys now and would not switch back to long levers. I got the Pazzo's through Motomummy.
+1 Love the Pazzo shorty's!

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
When in doubt.....GAS IT!

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Hi motoretard, welcome to the site. The Pazzo shorty's are the way to go! I noticed you live in Claremont, would that be the one in So.Cal? If so, I'm in Covina and if you want to see what they look & feel like you are welcome to stop by my shop to check them out. Just PM me.

post #11 of 13 Old 06-27-2007, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

hasbeenracer...I do live in the San Gabriel Valley Claremont and I appreciate the offer. I went a head and placed the order through Motomummy. The black shorties. I don't think I'll have a problem adjusting because I mainly ride motocross and by general habit use one or two fingers for breaking and clutching. I can't wait to get them. I have been trying to contact Motomummy to change the shipping address and make sure the order is correct but they have been ignoring my e-mails. Hopefully they will get back soon because I can't wait to get them!!

Greg

post #12 of 13 Old 06-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Cornicen

switch

there's no way the clutch switch has anything to do with idle speed. its an ignition cut switch only, same as the side stand. your clutch was dragging.

post #13 of 13 Old 06-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivit View Post
there's no way the clutch switch has anything to do with idle speed. its an ignition cut switch only, same as the side stand. your clutch was dragging.
Wrong. Unplug your wires & tell me about it. Front brake ones wil do it too. Didn't know clutch dragging INCREASES idle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode