Painted windscreen? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Painted windscreen?

I ordered a small windscreen (F-16) for the 919, in a dark tint. I'm considering painting it to match the bike (candy red), a la ZRX1200. Any pics or opinions? Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Al

I recently put a small Givi smoke coloured tinted screen on my newish Hornet (919). I immediately thought "hmmm why not paint it some cool colour to match the black?". No matter what colour I thought of though, it wouldn't work with the black of the bike, except black itself of course. I just left it alone, as it is. The screen is not a fashion statement for me, it is there to simply deflect the wind, which it does...

post #3 of 4 Old 08-09-2008, 04:24 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

I also have an F-16 screen that I've been thinking about painting candy red to match. After I've seen Triumph's Thruxton with it's painted windscreen I'm pretty much convinced that it will at least make my bike look as though it will go faster, jump higher, get better fuel economy......... Seriously, I just like way it adds to that bike and it's not like you look through them tiny little screens anyway so why not?
So Bad Daddy, If you do this mod please post some pics would you?

post #4 of 4 Old 08-09-2008, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked/SS View Post
I also have an F-16 screen that I've been thinking about painting candy red to match. After I've seen Triumph's Thruxton with it's painted windscreen I'm pretty much convinced that it will at least make my bike look as though it will go faster, jump higher, get better fuel economy......... Seriously, I just like way it adds to that bike and it's not like you look through them tiny little screens anyway so why not?
So Bad Daddy, If you do this mod please post some pics would you?
I will certainly post pics if I do it.
I too, bought the windscreen for functionality, but honestly, it only works in a "tuck", which is fine for my needs. Even in a tuck position, I don't need to see through it, and at night, you can't anyway. I thought by painting it to match, it would have a more "factory" look to it, and still be functional.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode