Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Open header

2K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  g00gl3it 
#1 ·
Is anyone running one? My can is shot and I dig the idea of no can at all but is it gonna make my ears bleed? Any running issues related to back pressure?

#6 ·
what is it that ur lookin for out of a different exhaust?

TBH i LOVE how quiet the stockers are.... the looks on the squids and the guys on loud ass sport bikes when i come out of a knee down corner up into a power wheelie is the best thing ever cus it catches them COMPLETELY off guard comming from this.... silent, pos non sport bike thing called the 9er :001_tt2: The look of WTF and jealousy is so amazing.

it also has saved my as a time or two get out of a ticket... if i had of had loud pipes, the cop woulda heard me then saw me... with the quiet stockers, i see the cop slow down then continue on like nothing happened haha.

#7 ·
Well my yosh has seen better days, the internal core is falling apart, the packing is near gone and carbon is getting dull just from use and being old. so Im looking for something that dosent look like that lol. I have the RR header on.

I dont like stockers personally, I like to hear my motor and more importantly I like others to hear my motor just an opinion. Plus I threw em away years ago...

#8 ·
I'm up for the 9er being a quiet sleeper..... For sure, between quiet exhaust and the round headlight, I've dodged many situations that could have been bad with the LEO's.

Going aftermarket doesn't always mean loud......Arrow and Leo Vince have always been known to be quiet, better performing cans......

#14 ·
Ohh now that's it!!!!!!

Side note: I was thinking on that new 800 triple Triumph and coming up with a system for it. I got this idea for a three into three using the supertraps and long singular individual Ti headers. Two on the right, one on the left.
The traps would satisfy the off-road forestry requirement and would make the bike sound like a dream!!!!!:clap:

#31 ·
No, the last time that car was in my driveway Supertrapps were still a newish idea. I do have some photos of it (digital wasn't invented yet:001_tt2:) I'll scan them someday. I've been lucky enough to have several air cooled 4 cylinder Porsches. The 914 was my first and probably favorite. A well balanced car can be a giant slayer at the autocross events, even with only 90 hp and skinny little tires.

#18 ·
I don't know if Jardine is considered quality stuff, I've never used anything of theirs. My wifes nephew had this on a GSXR, it was kind of loud but I always wanted to hear it some more. Kind of a muted race bike sound... music.

Attachments

#33 ·
Lol Id like to see it, a friend of mine had a 914 a long time ago really cool little cars. Ive had a few air cooled VW's. A bug, a square back typeIII and a bus. I like em, for a second car.

About the exhaust Im going to school and dont have alot of "disposable" income right now. Im thinkin I may just try and get a 900rr pipe to replace mine on my exsisting RR setup. Ballin on a budget sure aint easy. The Gp1 looks like the way Ill go though in the near future though haven't seen one on a 9er and looks kinda like a slash cut open header (love the look) but with a muffler, perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.