Ohlins - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 10-31-2014, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Ohlins

Just wondering if anyone has tried the S46DR1 out yet? At 1/2 the price of the HO201 shock it looks like an upgrade that is a bit more palatable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-31-2014, 03:14 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Works fine, definitely better than stock and I've sold a couple, but with only rebound adjustment I would never buy one. If I am going to spend ANY money at all to improve the suspension then I am going all the way to get the Rebound, Compression and Hydraulic Preload adjustment.

Getting the cheaper one without the extras is like going to a 5 star steak house and only eating the baked potato that is supposed to come with your steak.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-31-2014, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

I agree. The Ohlins 'budget line' mirrors the late model shocks with regard to adjustability. But...a general concensus appears to be that late model shocks suck as bad as early models. As the 'budget line' is available for a broader range of products, and if it improves over stock, is this a viable upgrade that improves your bike? Will it become plentiful in the market giving us other models that we can choose to salvage a shock from? Do we have a reasonably good new option for rear suspension?

post #4 of 4 Old 10-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper714 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried the S46DR1 out yet? At 1/2 the price of the HO201 shock it looks like an upgrade that is a bit more palatable.
I agree , Ohlins HO322 is not top of the line shock for the 919 , but for less Thant $ 550.00 delivery to my door and the instantly change in performer over the stock shock I think is a very low cost solution,I'm really happy with this shock.
I'm 190 lbs with gear, the standard spring for the OH322 is 01093-74/180Nm
1028#

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode