oe windscreen - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 06-19-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

oe windscreen

just had a mishap with my givi a240 windscreen. it was rubbing a little on my headlight so i gently and gingerly tried to nudge it oh so tenderly away from the headlight...yup...it snapped right off. so either i got a defective windscreen, or givi makes crap windscreens. either way i'd like to get a hold of an oe windscreen but as you all probably know it's been discontinued. any leads on how to get one?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-19-2010, 05:41 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I recently found one on ebay, NIB, keep looking, they're out there. Check the "ebay find of the day" thread, go back a few weeks and look for the post, maybe they have more.

post #3 of 19 Old 06-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Milites Gregarius

I to would love the OEM windscreen, ordered one then got the call it was discontinued

post #4 of 19 Old 06-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Immune

I have 2 oem wind screens. One is origional and the other is painted black on the inside. PM me if youe interested in them

post #5 of 19 Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Tirone

OEM windscreen is no longer discontinued. I bought one brand new form the honda dealer late last year.

They have a part number for rose and one for Smoke colored - make sure you order the right one

post #6 of 19 Old 06-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Tirone

here is a link to a thread talking about the OEM windscreen shipping again

https://wristtwisters.com/naked-bikes...-shipping.html

post #7 of 19 Old 06-20-2010, 01:45 PM
steeler maniac!

oem windscrn

That post was over a year ago. It has been discontinued again, I've also been looking for an oem windscrn. I cant find one anywhere. Sucks

post #8 of 19 Old 06-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

This e-bay link was posted in another thread a week or so ago. It said more than 10 were available and looks like only 2 were sold. May want to see if you can contact the seller and see if they have any more.

Genuine Honda Accessory 919 Sport Shield: eBay Motors (item 280516801013 end time Jun-05-10 12:48:35 PDT)

post #9 of 19 Old 06-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

I was one of the guys who tried to buy one using that link - the seller contacted me saying they ran out.

post #10 of 19 Old 06-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
I was one of the guys who tried to buy one using that link - the seller contacted me saying they ran out.
Ahhhhh OK, figured it was worth a try.

post #11 of 19 Old 06-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Immune

Ok as of now I have sold the unpainted screen. If it falls through I have 2 in line after. So there is no bickering (which i'm sure there wont be) I am selling the screen for $70 & actual shipping. Thanks for the higher offers but I already decided on what I would sell it for and I will offer it on first come first serve (3). If it falls through I will just list it in the for sale section. I do have one that is painted black if anyone is interested. The black one in missing one spacer (which doesn't do anything and could be if you really had to have it) and has a few scratches on the outside which you can not see unless upclose. The scratches could be buffed out Also the paint is (or should be) easily removable as I did not scuff the inside before painting it. PM me if your interested and like before I will sell it first come fist served (I already have a price) So if you want it just give me your highest price you will pay and if it is higher than my price its yours. I don't want a bidding war and will only answer you if your price is at or higher than my price.

post #12 of 19 Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

"mrgrn" is selling a CF version of the OEM Honda flyscreen, predrilled for the Buell M2 brackets, for $80 shipped. Best deal I've found anywhere, not to mention looks sweet in the carbon fiber!

Reference what i said in THIS thread:
https://wristtwisters.com/classifieds...flyscreen.html

post #13 of 19 Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Tirone

Quote:
That post was over a year ago. It has been discontinued again
That sucks - wonder why they did a "limited run" of the OEM screen... Maybe they just found a stash of them and put em up for sale until they were gone or something

Quote:
"mrgrn" is selling a CF version of the OEM Honda flyscreen, predrilled for the Buell M2 brackets, for $80 shipped
VERY interesting... I might just pick one up to have as an extra. Wonder if it will fit the OEM brackets - anyone know?

post #14 of 19 Old 06-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Naked bikes = Perma-grin

For those interested. I have a OEM windscreen I will be selling here shortly. It is excellent shape with brackets. PM me if interested. I will take pictures and post shortly.

Thanks,
Luke

post #15 of 19 Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraso View Post
Wonder if it will fit the OEM brackets - anyone know?
I have one from the original batch that will! You have to drill it though

post #16 of 19 Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Aquilifer

i've had my Givi up to 150mph, and i reckon the broken screen in question was not defective. you've probably had your bike over 100 with it, right? those forces greatly exceed "gentle".

i would never drill the mounts of some piece of plastic that is right in front of my face and WILL be right in front of my face at 150mph. it'd be like loose Space Shuttle foam at that speed: deceptively harm-inducing.

something's B.S. about the OP

post #17 of 19 Old 06-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Tirone

i got really excited and ordered a screen today online. i called the store afterwards and Keith told me that he ran out 6 months ago.

post #18 of 19 Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 12

bucky, did your givi break while going at 150mph or did it crack afterwards when you tried to work on the bike?

post #19 of 19 Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

i haven't had the 919 for too long and haven't been on a highway remote enough to go over 90, but a well designed windscreen should be able to handle speeds under 130. it really just was a "gentle" nudge that got it too snap. i had a givi windscreen on my street triple that handled speeds up to 125, no problem.
i appreciate everyone helping out trying to find an oem screen. following up a lead right now that may prove fruitful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode