new hear looking for 919 advice - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

Cool new hear looking for 919 advice

hi guys, well ill get to the point.
i have no idea what yoshi system is on my bike, have not been able to find them anywhere. got her with 16 on the ticker she now has 24. lol just got a computer so i can finally post on here rather than just read!.. today i changed the coolent. it was very dark green is that normal? i replaced it with o reilly universal green silcate and phosfite free is that alright to use? ugh the list goes on and on. im new to these bikes. new to newer bikes in general. btw what map should i use when i tune it? it sees red line ALOT. haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13887080_1042418589126640_1640116598334163903_n.jpg (138.6 KB, 14 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

i posted a pic so hopefully somebody knows what slip ons these are. they say race use only on them

post #3 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 03:54 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Your bike looks great. Coolant color sounds OK, and as long as the new coolant was silicate free coolant and not orange, you be fine. No idea on the Yoshis but someone here will know.

post #4 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Your bike looks great. Coolant color sounds OK, and as long as the new coolant was silicate free coolant and not orange, you be fine. No idea on the Yoshis but someone here will know.
thanks for the input boss, yeah i have never done coolant in a bike before lol.. proped the tank up, removed cap, removed the water pump bolt to drain, sucked the over flow dry with a sypon hose, filled it to the line, slowly filled the rad and engine where the cap goes(after flushing it with distilled water) let it run for awhile with both caps off, (got the fan to kick on and cycle a few times) put the caps on and took it for a 10 mile loop, ran good didnt bubble over etc so i guess its good? haha.. btw i do alot of racing on this thing. i eat up cbr600rrs like no other. NO tune yet so it can only get better....

2004 honda cb 919
2000 yamaha banshee 392
1973 mustang grande coupe 351c
1995 chevy truck
post #5 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Princeps Prior

I'm sure someone modified the pipes like this thread here. https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...s/15891?page=1.

post #6 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

willing to bet on that ! thank you! well that leaves...
coolant question-solved
yoshi question- solved

now how about tunes? flapper mod is done, pair valve plates will be here tuesday, so will i need to modify the dynojet tune for my bike? pc3 will be on sometime before sept 10th haha! so trying to figure this out... new tires before the pc3 ive destroyed my rear on twisties and the countless highway pulls racing my friends late at night. again love the 919 especially after going from my 15t 45t to 16t 45t lol....

2004 honda cb 919
2000 yamaha banshee 392
1995 chevy truck
post #7 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Princeps Prior

You can use one of the maps on the dynojet website or there are some modified maps available on this site in the dropbox. Really you're not going to gain much power. It will just be a little more smooth with slightly better throttle response. Just don't expect a huge gain.

post #8 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Tirone

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richey View Post
they say race use only on them
That is because using them on the street could be considered illegal in some states. They change not only the the noise level, but emissions as well. The OEM exhaust was designed to fit within the state regulations it was sold in. Most are the same, with California being stricter.

Neither of the above is routinely enforced on motorcycles in most areas. It gets used as a "add-on" citation. If you get stopped for something like speeding, they can/will get you for the exhaust as well. But will rarely stop you for the exhaust by itself.

You shouldn't lose any sleep over it. If it was strictly enforced, there would be few motorcycles on the roads at all. That's one of the first things that gets changed on most bikes. We are all deviants in one way or another

Changing pipes/cans on an otherwise stock engine rarely translates into more power, usually worse without proper tuning. The only real benefit is in some weight savings, which could make the bike slightly quicker, which coupled with the sound of your "race only" exhaust, gives the imagined effect of more power.

post #9 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
That is because using them on the street could be considered illegal in some states. They change not only the the noise level, but emissions as well. The OEM exhaust was designed to fit within the state regulations it was sold in. Most are the same, with California being stricter.

Neither of the above is routinely enforced on motorcycles in most areas. It gets used as a "add-on" citation. If you get stopped for something like speeding, they can/will get you for the exhaust as well. But will rarely stop you for the exhaust by itself.

You shouldn't lose any sleep over it. If it was strictly enforced, there would be few motorcycles on the roads at all. That's one of the first things that gets changed on most bikes. We are all deviants in one way or another

Changing pipes/cans on an otherwise stock engine rarely translates into more power, usually worse without proper tuning. The only real benefit is in some weight savings, which could make the bike slightly quicker, which coupled with the sound of your "race only" exhaust, gives the imagined effect of more power.
lol they sure do sound awesome... i have yet to remove the metal inserts in them, wonder what that will do.

2004 honda cb 919
2000 yamaha banshee 392
1995 chevy truck
post #10 of 14 Old 08-28-2016, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

looks like the pc3 map for my exhaust doesnt change much at high rpm(i have no clue what the numbers mean to be honest) however i did take a look at the maps in the drop box and they are for higher elevation than mine, im in the middle of illinois lol.. now the flapper mod i did, wont i want to have more fuel down low with that disabled since it is essentially open now? im a noob i know... maybe if i contact dyno jet they can help me tune it or do it over the computer haha...

2004 honda cb 919
2000 yamaha banshee 392
1995 chevy truck
post #11 of 14 Old 08-29-2016, 03:26 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome!

post #12 of 14 Old 08-29-2016, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

well guys, installed pair block off plates, still pops on decel...... yoshi problems???????

2004 honda cb 919
2000 yamaha banshee 392
1995 chevy truck
post #13 of 14 Old 08-29-2016, 09:22 PM
The Cripple

Sure you installed them correctly? Did you block off the correct ports and remove the plumbing?

post #14 of 14 Old 08-30-2016, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
dirtydan919

no more loud pops at all, just muffled ones that i assume are normal?

2004 honda cb 919
2000 yamaha banshee 392
1995 chevy truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode