Hello all, long time no chatter. The 919 has been a garage queen for quite some time and while the tasty mods to the suspension has been great I think it's made the seemingly great road bike into not so great road bike. Whatever that means.
So... now the new search. Criteria for new bike:
- Used in very good to exc condition for ~ $5k plus tabs/plates,etc
- Have at least 120-130hp with a decent torque curve similar to the 919
- Low maintenance (probably get Japanese or one of the solid Euros)
- Be able to stand with both feet flat at 5'8" and upright seat (handlebars)
- Doesn't weigh more than the 919 (should be easy)
- Decent styling, bonus points for classic 919-like style but not necessary
- Have a decent seat but this can be worked around
- Gets decent mileage on the gas with at least a 4.2 gal tank (40+mpg)
- Road warrior, daily AND track worthy.