New 919 owner here... Looking to do some mods in the future. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 04-02-2016, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Garage
New 919 owner here... Looking to do some mods in the future.

Just bought the bike, put about 200 miles on it and so far I am VERY happy with it!

Styling wise there are a couple of things I want to change, mainly the silly bar end mirror the PO installed. I'd like to lower the rear... And I'm finding out it isn't that easy to do on the 04+ 919. I'd also like to change the wheels... I've never been a fan of 3 spoke wheels even on my Hurricane. I think something like the F3 wheels would look good on one of these... Just a thought.

Also I'd like to wire it up for a phone charger and some sort of luggage bags that can be installed easily for road trips. All in due time... I've had the bike a week now and summer isn't even here yet haha

Anyone have any input into some options I have with these mods?

The original owner actually converted it to single exhaust too. I'm still not sure how I feel about it as I've always liked the duals, but the bike sounds good the way it is.

Jeremy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Princeps Prior

Welcome to the forum. For the wheel swap you need a F3 front with correct wheel spacers and f3 rotors. For the rear you need a 900rr. As far as lowering the bike some people have the seat modified to sit lower. Which is cheaper than a new shock. There is a guy named Spencer that does good work for cheap. You have to send him your seat but turn around time is fast. http://greatdaytoride.com/site/00e93..._Page.php#2876

post #3 of 9 Old 04-02-2016, 03:12 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome!

post #4 of 9 Old 04-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Howdy from California, 6 spoke wheels make a world of difference IMO. Lots of info floating around the edges of WT

Dan
post #5 of 9 Old 04-03-2016, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Garage
Thanks guys, I see a few people have done the 6 spoke swaps already!

Jeremy

post #6 of 9 Old 04-25-2016, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Garage
So after having the bike for about 3 weeks now I am officially in love with it, however I hate the exhaust... I can't seem to find any full systems. Someone swapped this to a single and while there's nothing wrong with the header, it looks to me like there's more room for improvement on flow and styling. I'd like to go back to duals. I've came across the y pipe pieces on ebay. Just wondering what some of my options are. Custom might be the way I want to go...

Jeremy

post #7 of 9 Old 04-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Milites Gregarius

For the phone charger I use the Battery Tender USB adapter and a USB phone charging cable.

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0158 Black Quick Disconnect Plug with USB Charger: Automotive

post #8 of 9 Old 04-25-2016, 09:16 PM
Texas wristtwister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hine View Post
So after having the bike for about 3 weeks now I am officially in love with it, however I hate the exhaust... I can't seem to find any full systems. Someone swapped this to a single and while there's nothing wrong with the header, it looks to me like there's more room for improvement on flow and styling. I'd like to go back to duals. I've came across the y pipe pieces on ebay. Just wondering what some of my options are. Custom might be the way I want to go...

Jeremy
Only full systems I have seen are the Delkevic but that is just for the 900rr single can set up. Your best best bet would be OEM or custom for the dual can look

post #9 of 9 Old 04-26-2016, 06:31 AM
Tesserarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray.beard View Post
For the phone charger I use the Battery Tender USB adapter and a USB phone charging cable.

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0158 Black Quick Disconnect Plug with USB Charger: Automotive
+1

for exhaust, either go with a 900rr low mount, or oem headers and y pipe and good luck finding exhaust. stock ones come up here and there. you can always remove the baffle, there's instructions somewhere on here. or just wait till a used set pops up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode