New 919 owner footpeg and Fuel Map question. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thumbs up New 919 owner footpeg and Fuel Map question.

Hi all,
I am the proud new owner of an 06 919. I've been on a long hiatus from motorcycles and this has everything I wanted in a streetbike: the comfortable riding position, reasonable handling, the nakedness, and just enough power to dust the lawyer in the sl65 taunting me at the red light.

Footpeg:

Anyways, the 919 I bought was used for a while as a track bike, so no passenger footpegs. I have been looking for another set, but from searching it seems that the ones off the 919 are very peculiar, as in nothing off any other bike fits. I can't even find a set on ebay that is designed to fit the 919.

Has anyone put universal sportbike footpegs or any other footpegs on the rear with success (Buell etc.)? I read on here that you have to grind the bracket and peg just to get the 900rr pegs to fit. I am hoping to order the pin and spring from Ronayers to be able to fold them up, but at this point i'm willing to use anything that will slap on.

Fuel Map:
This is my first ever FI bike, and I have only ever dealt with tuning and jetting carbs. I was hoping to buy a PC 3 off Ebay (unless anyone can recommend me a better source), but where do you guys get your fuel and timing maps from? I saw while browsing around that there is a dropbox on here for them, can anybody hook a brother up?

Thanks in advance for any useful tips.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 08:13 PM
dazed and confused

Howdy!

If you need the whole rearsets theres a couple options on fleabay, but if you just need some pegs something like this should work: Black Honda Rear Passenger Foot Pegs CB600 F Hornet 900 98 99 00 01 02 03 | eBay

A hint is that the 919 is quite popular overseas, but over there it's called the Hornet 900, so that's typically a good search.

As for the dropbox, here ya are: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ra9j3gn4c...qU3ZOL4JuwuBKa

Theres a bunch of good stuff in there including a full shop manual.

Welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks!

I actually had seen that same set on Ebay (one of only a couple that claimed to work for the 919/900). I was just a bit skeptical because they claim to also fit the 600f, while I was under the impression that the 600's rear pegs wouldn't fit on the big brother.

If they fit fine, i'll just order some 600F rear pegs and call it a day.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I'm 99% sure those pegs will not work. The 919 has a fairly unique set up with some odd spring in the peg arm. I'd see if anyone has extras or go to the dealer for OEM.

Spoiler:

post #5 of 8 Old 06-10-2015, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for confirming. Do you know if any pegs will simply fit on with the pin? Considering how hard these are to find, I'm not too picky about the spring mechanism working at this point. Maybe I can carry a bag of zipties to hold them up, then cut and replace each time I carry a passenger.

On Ronayers.com I can get the metal pegs and rubber for about $42. But then it's another $13 per side for the pin, spring, washer, rubber etc. As far as OEM goes that's the cheapest it gets. At $70 for passenger pegs i'm tempted to drill a hole, grind and bolt some cheap frame sliders back there for a foot rest.

post #6 of 8 Old 06-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Why's everything on fire?

Garage
The 919's rear peg 'springs' are external, not internal. The rubber band that goes between the textured foot peg cover and the washer takes care of that.

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2002 Honda 919
post #7 of 8 Old 06-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFrelon View Post
That's what I was afraid of, thanks for confirming. Do you know if any pegs will simply fit on with the pin? Considering how hard these are to find, I'm not too picky about the spring mechanism working at this point. Maybe I can carry a bag of zipties to hold them up, then cut and replace each time I carry a passenger. On Ronayers.com I can get the metal pegs and rubber for about $42. But then it's another $13 per side for the pin, spring, washer, rubber etc. As far as OEM goes that's the cheapest it gets. At $70 for passenger pegs i'm tempted to drill a hole, grind and bolt some cheap frame sliders back there for a foot rest.
Not only they won't stay up, I don't think they'll fold down. I had tried a set similar to these and had to grind away from the peg and part of the mount. If you get OEM, you can find the pins, washers, etc somewhere else.

Spoiler:

post #8 of 8 Old 06-10-2015, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
If you get OEM, you can find the pins, washers, etc somewhere else.
Im only familiar with the standard pegs that use the circular spring clip to keep tension on the pegs and fold them up, and it's hard to tell from the Fiche what exactly holds them up for the 919. I don't see a spring or tension clip in the diagram?

Aye yai yai , I'm just going to buy some steel pipe, grind it, drill a hole a bolt it through where the pegs go. It's already a naked bike anyways, might as well go a bit rugged. Will post pics when I get to it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode