New 2007 Honda 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 09-02-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Vezay

New 2007 Honda 919

Hello,
I just bought a new 2007 Honda 919 and registered to Wrist Twisters today. I have so many questions and started by reading threads and FAQ's on this site. However, I want to know if I got a good value for my bike. It is a 2007 919 with 4 miles and retailed at $8499.00 I paid $6330.00 and that seems like a great deal. I am very happy with the bike but I learned in the past that if it's too good to be true it's not. Did I pay the right amount for this bike?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Welcome Vezay. Congrats on your new bike...I would say you got a GREAT DEAL. You're gonna love it and you found the best site to find good info.

post #3 of 19 Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Hey Vezay, welcome to WTN!
For your question, IMHO sounds OK to me. I paid $4500 for a 2003 about 2 months ago.
I think 919s appeal is subtle. They're not flashy like some. Funny how once you ride one, the Hornet stings and you're hooked. Anyway the market can be strange that way. Sounds like you got a great bike, and a NEW one to boot!
Enjoy.
Hey, in time you'll find great stuff in the other sections of the forum as well.

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
post #4 of 19 Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I had a H-D

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezay View Post
Hello,
I just bought a new 2007 Honda 919 and registered to Wrist Twisters today. I have so many questions and started by reading threads and FAQ's on this site. However, I want to know if I got a good value for my bike. It is a 2007 919 with 4 miles and retailed at $8499.00 I paid $6330.00 and that seems like a great deal. I am very happy with the bike but I learned in the past that if it's too good to be true it's not. Did I pay the right amount for this bike?
Good deal! welcome to WT!

post #5 of 19 Old 09-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Tirone is the Cool Dude

You got a GREAT deal!

I purchased my '07 919 last October on E-bay new from a local dealer for $6400, plus $100 docs fee, temp plate fee to PA (was out of state and my bro drove it home), registration fee in NJ, license fee and 7% sales tax, grand total around $7000. You got a good deal indeed.

Progressive insurance comprehensive/collision/medical $350k/500k with $1000 deductibles was around $660/yr. (49 y/o single male homeowner, no tickets/points/accidents, first time motorcycle endorsement. After taking the MSF Honda paid me $75 and my car insurance went down $50/yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezay View Post
Hello,

post #6 of 19 Old 09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Optio

Sounds like a great deal, most are still going for 6800-7000 it seems, or that's what generally get's reported around here. Welcome to the site, but be prepared to open up your wallet. The bike was the cheap part, finding this site was the expensive part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy S View Post
Progressive insurance comprehensive/collision/medical $350k/500k with $1000 deductibles was around $660/yr. (49 y/o single male homeowner, no tickets/points/accidents,

That seems high, I have American Family '06 919. Last year when I first got it my insurance was 160 something, this spring it dropped to 130 ish and while swapping vehicles I asked what they could do to cheapen things up. Referring to the fact that I obviouslly can't drive the two trucks, car and cycle that I have insured all at the same time. So the other day I got a 27 dollar refund so now my bike is around 103-105 a year. 500 deductable, 100/200/100 I believe. Home owners, multiple vehicle, TWO tickets, not sure what other discounts I also have in their, haven't taken the MSF course? Maybe if I did, they'd almost pay me to insure my bike??? 34 years old.

My vehicles also dropped around 10-15 a month, which isn't bad since with two of them on full coverage and one with liability I'm only paying around 70 a month. Guess it paid to ask anyways.

post #7 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy S View Post
Progressive insurance comprehensive/collision/medical $350k/500k with $1000 deductibles was around $660/yr. (49 y/o single male homeowner, no tickets/points/accidents, first time motorcycle endorsement. After taking the MSF Honda paid me $75 and my car insurance went down $50/yr
Timmy, I got a rate of $550 when I got my 07. When I renewed it dropped to $340...so there is hope. Yours may go down too, if you dont have any claims.

post #8 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Welcome aboard, Vezay! And congrats on the new ride! Sounds like you got a very good deal to me! Nicely done! Many miles of smiles ahead for you!

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #9 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 04:30 AM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Congrats! I love my 07 as well, but just can't seem to stop spending money on it. I have a serious modding problem

"Hi, I'm Ripper and I have a Modification Problem" The problem is I'm never done!

As for the price I say it was a good deal!

Insurance I just don't understand? I have friends with R1's and they only pay 200 a year for the same coverage as mine but I'm spending 300? Seems like the insurance market for bikes is just a big gamble.

post #10 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Vintage Honda

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Welcome... most of these guys and the few gals are nuts - about nakedness. Simple is the perfect style.

Value received with your purchase price.

Pay what you need to pay for insurance always making sure your expectations and the insurance company's are the same.

I do the insurance through my local guy and Progressive. Insurance feels like blackmail until the issue of liability comes up - I sleep with a lawyer and have lots of liability insurance. I feel so vulnerable....

post #11 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 05:34 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

Howdy Vezay, I'd say you got a good deal for your 9er from the dealer. The 919 is a super bike for the money and a lot of fun to ride.
Naked means 919

JDubya
Harleyville, South Carolina
USA
post #12 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

You got a wonderful deal on the 9er Vezay. Welcome to WT.

post #13 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Tirone is the Cool Dude

Insurance....

marylandmike and cpg74,

I live in NEW JERSEY which I believe is one of the the highest (if not the highest) insurance and real estate tax area of the nation. Grrrr.

[/QUOTE]
That seems high, I have American Family '06 919. Last year when I first got it my insurance was 160 something, this spring it dropped to 130 ish and while swapping vehicles I asked what they could do to cheapen things up. Referring to the fact that I obviouslly can't drive the two trucks, car and cycle that I have insured all at the same time. So the other day I got a 27 dollar refund so now my bike is around 103-105 a year. 500 deductable, 100/200/100 I believe. Home owners, multiple vehicle, TWO tickets, not sure what other discounts I also have in their, haven't taken the MSF course? Maybe if I did, they'd almost pay me to insure my bike??? 34 years old.

My vehicles also dropped around 10-15 a month, which isn't bad since with two of them on full coverage and one with liability I'm only paying around 70 a month. Guess it paid to ask anyways.[/QUOTE]

post #14 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Great deal, Vezay. Congrats and enjoy!!

Be sure to break her in good and post up some ride pics of your beautiful state!

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #15 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Vezay

thanks for the welcome

This site is awesome. Thanks for the welcoming me. I have already started down the path of spending more on my 919.

Is this a rhetorical question?
post #16 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM
CB900 Hornet

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Welcome and that is a very good deal. I bought my 07' when it was on sale for $6,499 last month.

post #17 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Great buy, welcome to the forum.

And to contribute to the sub-thread... I am insured with Country and my full coverage is $273/yr. That includes good driver and multi-policy discounts.

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #18 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 04:29 PM
MAM Customs

Hello and enjoy the new ride.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. -Frank Sinatra
post #19 of 19 Old 09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

You got a sweet deal. I found one about a month ago here in Podunk, KY the local dealer was basically unwilling to bend. I went in and couldn't believe they actually had a new '07 919 on the floor. I was extremely interested and just about ready to buy. However, they would not let me test ride it, hassled me about sitting on it, and when I started haggling with them, the lowest they would go off their big sale price of $8,200 was $7,200 + assembly fee + tax + title + license. They ticked me off so I drove all the way to Louisville (BMW Motorcycle of Louisville to be exact). I found my used 03 919 there. They let me ride before buying and I got a great deal. Awesome service. I'd recommend them to anyone. Another nag on our local Honda dealer. They don't have oil filters, air filters, helmets, riding gear, cargo nets, or anything else useful in stock. I was able to get some oil for a reasonable price, but for everything else...they suck!

Sorry for the rant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode