Museum Piece - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Museum Piece

i took off early friday afternoon to help the lady friend. we got done early and took a top down ride to Girdwood. Over the next 24 hours of driving around, we saw a total of 6 919s. saturday night we went across town to the Tastee Freez and drove past the Harley shop. there was a big canopy set up in their parking lot...some kind of sale. but it's the harley shop, so i rarely so much as turn my head in passing. but out of the corner of my good eye..."honey, was that a 919?". drove around the block and doubled back.

key was in it...at 9:00 at night? security guard hopped out of his car across the parking lot. i powered up the instruments....2,800 miles...on a 2004. not a scuff anywhere. it's never touched the ground, not even in the garage. speaking of, not a spot of rust on anything...not even under the triple clamps.
brand new dunlops...nice. it's had at least 1 oil change...Purolator makes bike filters? engine's never been apart, no witness marks on bolt heads.

BONE stock except for a small windscreen. in fact, i might swap that with the slightly larger one on the Tinman.

should be delivered today or tomorrow. this ought to help me remember which way the wiring and details go together on my drag bike, which has now been apart approximately...what? 16 months?

$4405 out the door from a Harley dealer. don't know if it helped, but i drag race with a guy who works there. he runs a stretched Z1000 that he pulls 40 miles to the track on a trailer behind a Harley. One time he and i were on the highway together, him with his Harley/Trailer/Z1000 and me with The Tinman in the back of my custom Civic. you should have seen the cameras flashing in that tourist bus !

i have two Hornets !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 919 solo.jpg (137.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 919 and miata.jpg (141.6 KB, 103 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Congrats. You'd be surprised how much protection that factory windscreen will give you. Just paint the back side black so it doesn't look pink (sorry...rose) anymore.

Congrats on the new ride.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #3 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

meet the new bike, same as the old bike.

i kinda like the screen. reminds me of old school Serengeti Drivers sunglasses.

weird buying a bike i already have a shop manual for.
already have 3 oil filters on order for.

post #4 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 11:56 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

You're not the first with 2 9ers in the garage! And having a reference bike can definately help when it comes to the 8 billion wires they've managed to cram into the engine

Congrats on the 2nd purchase, now get the 1st back together so I can start drooling on your track times again.

post #5 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Tirone

Congrats! I have a silver '04 also and I believe the silver slips with the air better.

Manuel
PS -- I sent you a pm.

post #6 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 12:34 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRider View Post
Congrats! I have a silver '04 also and I believe the silver slips with the air better.
hate to rain on your parade.... well, not really

black's fastest... more specific, matte black... the gloss has all that light relfecting off of it creating drag.

post #7 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
black's fastest... more specific, matte black... the gloss has all that light relfecting off of it creating drag.

Careful, PV! If you've read some of Bucky's older posts you'll know that the silver ones are very, very quick!

Bucky, you really like silver 919's! Good find, I hope you enjoy the new ride!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #8 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 

Why a 919?

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #9 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

because they're one more than 918.

same reason my amps go to 11.

post #10 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

the bike's a great all-rounder with impeccable reliability.
i stumbled upon an uber clean one at a very fair price.

why NOT a 919?

Thanks Shadow, Beefsalad.
honestly, as horny as i am to light the fuse on the nitrous again, i'm REALLY curious to see how the drag bike will pull on motor-only ! i had a 10.76 on motor before and i wonder if another 15 or so horsepower will get me anywhere near low 10s. these are exciting times, my friends.

btw, Shaughnessy, the "hopey/changey" thing is working out great for me, and a LOT of the rest of the country compared to 18 months ago. your tagline is running out of steam.

post #11 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Tirone

"Recent scientific tests in a wind tunnel proved that the rough surface of black matte finish slows the 919 by at least 23% compared to the slippery smooth silver finish."

I read this on the internet so it must be true!

post #12 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Two-fers are good!

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #13 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

i don't care how many times i say it HondaJim, my girlfriend still doesn't believe it.

post #14 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

i had my 919th posting in this thread ! WOOT !

post #15 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 

congrats on the nice find Bucky, enjoy it.

I Don't try to explain to people why I ride a motorcycle
"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

'08 Yamaha WR290R/X
'09 KLX140L (wifes bike)
post #16 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Great find Bucky. Congrats.

post #17 of 45 Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Great looking bike, congrats.

Spoiler:

post #18 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 02:40 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Mine would have been $5 cheaper.

post #19 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

sniper, if i was a Harley dealer and you fretted over the $5 after i'd just come down $1,400 on a used bike?
i'd show you the door and i'd be patient and i'd not regret it if i had to look at that 919 on my floor for a year.

then again, thank goodness i'm not a harley dealer.

post #20 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
btw, Shaughnessy, the "hopey/changey" thing is working out great for me, and a LOT of the rest of the country compared to 18 months ago.
Good for you guys... I still have to say "I'm sorry" to my little girls before they go to bed every night for financial debacle they are going to inherit. * No intention to steal your thread but hey, you brought it up...

Oh, and the amount of people who would agree with your statement seems to be decreasing according to Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #21 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Chill out Bucky. I'm just saying I have mine for sale for $4400.

post #22 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

snipe: ah. thought you were saying you would have "rounded him down".
i'm chill. even when i'm ranting.

shaugnessy: polls, and especially rasmusson, are opinions. the results, opinionated. the FACTS show that the country is doing better (dow, housing starts, employment, GDP, business orders...ALL the indicators really) than it was 18 months ago. i don't care if the people like the president, i care that the country is improving and is doing so VERY QUICKLY.

and it is.

post #23 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

That is skewed. You are borrowing money from our children and grandchildren to bandaid today's problems. No one has yet to fix the reason we got into this mess to begin with. Instead, they are artificially stimulating the economy by infusing borrowed money into the system.

I'd love to see these "facts"...

post #24 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Quote:
...the country is improving and is doing so VERY QUICKLY.

and it is.
Look at you; staring at cam timing marks has given you a normal sense of humor!

Congrats on the new-to-you 919!

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #25 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

you can't see the DOW numbers?
bigger is gooder, and they's WAY up, other than last weeks glitch.
you see THAT "fact" , right Shaughnessy?
you really want me to produce the other numbers?
i can, but i have a hard time believing you can't or refuse to read the news on all the other numbers.

our country has been about borrowing, and being funded by the chinese, for decades. we can make believe the problem started a year and a half ago, but we'd be lying.

here's the truth on how our recent spending habits have been under respective administrations. it's clear which party tends to be more detrimental to the country's fiscal well being. these are accepted numbers, overlayed with who was president at the time. there's no "interpretation" or "spin" to them. http://www.calaborlaw.com/wp-content...-president.jpg

also, you said nobody's fixing the problem that got us here. that's not true. one party has a bill proposed, the other party is shooting it down again with lies and no real alternative, as if THEY did something to rein in big business when they ran the country.

i don't like or agree with the democratic party. but they've consistantly been the lesser of two evils toward the average working man at least. that having been said, the lesser of evil is still evil.

i'm not trying to change opinions, but YOUR "signature line" started it, not me. i can't imagine why people would CHOOSE to air their lack of understanding of national budgeting on a motorcycling forum, but the freedom to speak is the freedom to misspeak , i guess.

i'm stepping aside from this subject now. if you'd like the last word, it's yours.
anyone's.

pig pile on bucky. oink oink.

post #26 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 04:11 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Good buy, specially from a dealer. The people at HD were probably thinking; "Quick, get rid of it before we lose one of our loyal suck..er..riders to another Honda!"

post #27 of 45 Old 05-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Congrats! 2004 and only 2800 miles!? A museum piece alright.

post #28 of 45 Old 05-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Changed signature. I hope this is acceptable to all on the forum.

post #29 of 45 Old 05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Bucky, do you have anger issues?

Your belligerant attitude is starting to wear a little thin. (It's allright have an AR15 in the background of one of my pics, wether you're anti gun or not)

Want to argue politics, that fine. This isn't the venue.

post #30 of 45 Old 05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Ouch, Bucky's been Sniped!

Quote:
i'm stepping aside from this subject now. if you'd like the last word, it's yours.
anyone's.

Seems to me the man ain't being overly belligerent, but ymmv....

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #31 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
you can't see the DOW numbers?
bigger is gooder, and they's WAY up, other than last weeks glitch.
you see THAT "fact" , right Shaughnessy?
you really want me to produce the other numbers?
i can, but i have a hard time believing you can't or refuse to read the news on all the other numbers.

our country has been about borrowing, and being funded by the chinese, for decades. we can make believe the problem started a year and a half ago, but we'd be lying.

here's the truth on how our recent spending habits have been under respective administrations. it's clear which party tends to be more detrimental to the country's fiscal well being. these are accepted numbers, overlayed with who was president at the time. there's no "interpretation" or "spin" to them. http://www.calaborlaw.com/wp-content...-president.jpg

also, you said nobody's fixing the problem that got us here. that's not true. one party has a bill proposed, the other party is shooting it down again with lies and no real alternative, as if THEY did something to rein in big business when they ran the country.

i don't like or agree with the democratic party. but they've consistantly been the lesser of two evils toward the average working man at least. that having been said, the lesser of evil is still evil.

i'm not trying to change opinions, but YOUR "signature line" started it, not me. i can't imagine why people would CHOOSE to air their lack of understanding of national budgeting on a motorcycling forum, but the freedom to speak is the freedom to misspeak , i guess.

anyone's.

sorry dude.. cant resist but rake the coals. recession is NOT over. just because numbers looks good for you and life looks good around you does not mean its the case. may 6th.... stocks dropped over 1,000 points before recovering, and that was BEFORE your post, yet you claimed recession was over. ok well, how about this...

Stocks tumble as euro drops, jobless claims rise - Yahoo! News

sorry dude but you're wrong. economy is still shit, and its still gonna get worse. believe it. we've been on a bubble for far too long. now with all of the excess spending that's been happening and the new proposed spending, inflation is gonna skyrocket. hell crude is down to $67.00 a barrel and it's STILL over $2.75 a gallon here... obama's an idiot, but guess what, he's not the only one most of congress is as well.

i'm gettin off my soap box now.

post #32 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 10:19 AM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

Re:Bucky ~ Mary****Mike

I have 2 questions, that really need to be answered.
1. Bucky, were ya'll riding around in the "Bike Hauler" on a Sat night?
2. Mike, how did you put your kickstand on the right side?

[
post #33 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerecord View Post
I have 2 questions, that really need to be answered.
1. Bucky, were ya'll riding around in the "Bike Hauler" on a Sat night?
2. Mike, how did you put your kickstand on the right side?

If you mean the pic in my sig, I was riding.

post #34 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
If you mean the pic in my sig, I was riding.

post #35 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Imaginifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
sorry dude.. cant resist but rake the coals. recession is NOT over. just because numbers looks good for you and life looks good around you does not mean its the case. may 6th.... stocks dropped over 1,000 points before recovering, and that was BEFORE your post, yet you claimed recession was over. ok well, how about this...

Stocks tumble as euro drops, jobless claims rise - Yahoo! News

sorry dude but you're wrong. economy is still shit, and its still gonna get worse. believe it. we've been on a bubble for far too long. now with all of the excess spending that's been happening and the new proposed spending, inflation is gonna skyrocket. hell crude is down to $67.00 a barrel and it's STILL over $2.75 a gallon here... obama's an idiot, but guess what, he's not the only one most of congress is as well.

i'm gettin off my soap box now.
Lucky you....we pay 5.60 per gallon of petrol which equals $8.15 at todays exchange rate.......We get screwed bigtime

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/woodyeee/IMAG0306.jpg
post #36 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

El Civico hasn't yet arisen from hibernation, so if you saw one, it wasn't me.
and i think maybe you're seeing the right side portion of a centerstand, versus a right side kickstand.

oh, no. i bet you're thinking that the right-leaning photoshop-watercolored action shot of his is a static, bike leaning on the kickstand pic. it's not.

post #37 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyeee View Post
Lucky you....we pay 5.60 per gallon of petrol which equals $8.15 at todays exchange rate.......We get screwed bigtime
very true woodyeee... when i was in paris and italy, i had to see with my own eyes the gas prices people were paying... 1.60+ euro per liter.... and they were so casual about it too

ive read about it for so long being on an aussie forum forever and a day ago, but damn... that was a shocker.

post #38 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Try living there and filling up a 22 US Gal tank. I about crapped myself having to pay that bill. But going to the only Hooters in Nottingham and hooking up with a pretty fly British chick made it kind of worth it.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #39 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 03:17 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

I was just wondering about the green light on and leaning to the right. The camera musta snapped in the middle of a shift. Your tach and speedo were too blurred to see.

[
post #40 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerecord View Post
I was just wondering about the green light on and leaning to the right. The camera musta snapped in the middle of a shift. Your tach and speedo were too blurred to see.
That was the blue "brights" light

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode