Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Made a small centerstand-mounted stand

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rufftup 
#1 ·
Here in Montréal, the weather is getting quite cold, so I am setting up for a big winter tune-up on my 919. I was inspired by the phobman stand and decided to weld up a design of my own.

Here are some pictures.

Very stable. I am quite happy with the design !

See less See more
#3 ·
Let me pull up pictures of when I had it on the welding table !

As for the checker-plate on the floor, it is made out of rubber and has definitively saved my ass a dozen times with spills, oils, grease, grime and coolant. Its way easier to clean than on the concrete itself !

Bought it at Costco a while back, I have them scattered around under the tractor and other tools.

#14 · (Edited)
A factory center stand, when deployed, is 10", which just happens to be the perfect height for removing the rear wheel. While acknowledging the fabrication talents of @PHOBMAN and others, a bike without a center stand is like an automobile without a jack. Mebbe not so important to hoolies and bar hoppers who never stray very far from home, but serious travelers plan accordingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.