lowering the 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

lowering the 919

hi i just wanted to see if anyone has lowered there 919 , and if so where did you get the kit to do this?my bike was perfect when i got it ,but after i put my corbin on it is a little tall for me me to flat foot at stops im 5'10.any help is appreciated thanks....charles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2010, 11:02 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Hi Charles,
If you let the air out of the tires, it will lower the bike a bit...

Only kidding. This question has come up a time or two before, if you're an avid reader you can find it using the search function... but I will try to sum up....

You can safely raise the fork legs in the triples by 10mm without compromising handling...in fact, many riders prefer the quicker turn-in this provides...

Due to how the rear shock attaches to the swingarm, there is no way to attach a dogleg linkage or anything similar...and there really is no good way to reduce the shock length to achieve a lower overall height. Penske and Ohlins both offer excellent aftermarket shocks for the 919, but the length is the same as OEM.

As long as you can touch toes on both sides, I don't see a real issue, but your results may vary. The Corbin seat does raise the seat height by an inch or so, and I'm sure it's comfy...There are other companies that offer seat improvements, including lowering the seat height by removing foam and or reshaping the seat. Sargent Seats is one such company. if it really bothers you not being able to "flat-foot" on both sides, and a seat mod by a different company doesnt' suit, go back to the stock seat!

Best of luck to you, and while you probably won't be satisfied by my reply, I hope you enjoy your 919...they are great bikes!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #3 of 3 Old 01-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Tonight we ride

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

My bike came with a Corbin seat that had me on my tiptoes, too. Sold it.

I bought a spare stock seat from EBay and had Sargent re-do it--lowered the seat by 3/4", and added gel to the rider and passenger's seat area, moved the rise of the seat forward a touch, and re-covered it with grippy vinyl. I'm quite happy with the result, and Sargent's turnaround time was a touch less than they said, under 2 weeks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode