Looking for honda 919 Luggage Options? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 08-15-2007, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
www.TnAdvRiders.com

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Looking for honda 919 Luggage Options?

Hey guys .. Looking for some Honda 919 Luggage options.. To maybe back 2 or 3 days worth of clothes in,etc. Recently did a weekend trip by bunging a bag to rear seat. But would like to find a better setup that is easily removable when not needed. But still woudlnt mind a small/medium rear bag/trunk to keep on all the time... Love to see pics of your 919 's and what you use for luggage.. I researched rear racks a while back, and never could find one I liked. Is there any sorta soft saddlebags that work good with the 919 also? that are easily mounted/removed when not in use? I might even be interested in hard bags if they were quick disconnect type bags or something.. All ideas /suggestions would greatly be appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Veteran Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I'm using NelsonRiggs CL-900(MINI's).Not to bad looking and cheap on ebay.Do not run the straps under the seat. I ran one under and cracked the tail piece.

post #3 of 15 Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Milites Gregarius

I'm happy with my luggage locker tail bag. It looks just like the one here: http://www.luggagelocker.com/elite-seat-sak.htm

post #4 of 15 Old 08-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Centurion

post #5 of 15 Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Optio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvetree View Post
I'm using NelsonRiggs CL-900(MINI's).Not to bad looking and cheap on ebay.Do not run the straps under the seat. I ran one under and cracked the tail piece.
I have a pair of the same thing I believe. I got them off Dennis Kirk for 25.00 something on some kinda sale. Figured if I didn't like them that I always could get my money out of them.

Used them once and I wasn't able to rig them up under the seat very well, so I went accross the top. They strap down fairly well. I normally keep my Manta XL bag strapped over the rear of the seat and with that over the top of the Nelson Rigs, it's pretty secure. Had them at triple digits and they never moved.

Easily fit 2-3 pairs of jeans, ditti bag, 3-4 shirts and a jacket liner, etc.

Sorry no pics

In prep. for using them, I bought some guitar removable protective vinyl sheets off of ebay for about five bucks shipped. Cut them slightly larger than the back cowl, protects from any potential paint rubbing. Did a good job the weekend I used them as well. Easily removable and ready for the next time.

post #6 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Hey Python - FWIW - hooker_47 has a Ventura rack set for sale in the Classifieds section on the forum here. It's about the best, most versatile rig you can get and will tackle 2-3 days worth of stuff easily. I talked to him about it last month and almost bought it before I decided to get a different bike. All you'd need to buy is the bag, and there are choices there too depending on how much you want to carry. Great price. Great stuff.

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8005

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Veteran Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg74 View Post
I have a pair of the same thing I believe. I got them off Dennis Kirk for 25.00 something on some kinda sale. Figured if I didn't like them that I always could get my money out of them.

Used them once and I wasn't able to rig them up under the seat very well, so I went accross the top. They strap down fairly well. I normally keep my Manta XL bag strapped over the rear of the seat and with that over the top of the Nelson Rigs, it's pretty secure. Had them at triple digits and they never moved.

Easily fit 2-3 pairs of jeans, ditti bag, 3-4 shirts and a jacket liner, etc.

Sorry no pics

In prep. for using them, I bought some guitar removable protective vinyl sheets off of ebay for about five bucks shipped. Cut them slightly larger than the back cowl, protects from any potential paint rubbing. Did a good job the weekend I used them as well. Easily removable and ready for the next time.

I didn't get mine that cheap but close.I was putting the straps under the seat so they would not grow legs and walk off.Even over the seat with nothing but supplied straps it stays put. no flapping about even at triple digits(not that I ride like thats

post #8 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvetree View Post
I have the same bags and I love them. I used to wear a backpack on the way to work (ride w/ different clothes than used for work), and the bags make it more comfortable and it feels easier to maneuver because I don't have to worry about weight shifting. I do wish there was a better way to mount though. I have the rear clips between the taillight and the plate light and the front clips to the passenger peg guards. I might have a pic of it somewhere.

03 919 (most of it anyway)
post #9 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Hey Python - FWIW - hooker_47 has a Ventura rack set for sale in the Classifieds section on the forum here. It's about the best, most versatile rig you can get and will tackle 2-3 days worth of stuff easily. I talked to him about it last month and almost bought it before I decided to get a different bike. All you'd need to buy is the bag, and there are choices there too depending on how much you want to carry. Great price. Great stuff.

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8005
Before I bought my FJR1300, I would load the 919 down with gear for long trips. The Ventura system is definitely the way to go.

post #10 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Ventura.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #11 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondad View Post
I tour with a Ventura Pack and a set of Chase Harper 3300/et4000 soft saddlebags, a tank bag and a back pack. Even with all the bags loaded and running at above posted speed limits I have had no problems even in the rain. The vast majority of the additional weight is located where the passenger would be. Even fully loaded, the weight of a passenger would be much greater. The saddlebags effect the bike the most, I assume that they are creating the most drag, they are wide. The Ventura pack is not noticeable at all, even when over filled, the norm. I think that the Give hard bags are more waterproof then the soft stuff. That is what they make garbage bags and liners for, I guess. One good thing about Hard bags is that you can lock them. The soft stuff comes off the bike fast and there are no brackets left on the bike, except the Ventura rack which then becomes a hand grip/sport rack for daily use.
Above is from another thread but applicable.

I tried to attach a pic, I do not know if it attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_052907_008.jpg (72.2 KB, 94 views)

post #12 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Ben

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

These are really nice.

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_...ri.asp?lang=en

Simpson has the 52 liter size one and it is really nice. It can be taken off the rack with a key and carried like a hard suitcase, and also locks with the same key. They can also be wired into your brake lights for additional cager protection. That size can fit two full face motorcycle helmets.

ps. you get what you pay for. Givi isn't exactly cheap, but it works well.

2 > 4
post #13 of 15 Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
www.TnAdvRiders.com

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Does the venture system always go forward with their bags. loooks odd to have one forward and nothing on rear. I'm leaning toward this system, but would like to see more pics of them on 919s. What rear bag is available for the sport rack? for around town type stuff?

post #14 of 15 Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423 View Post
Does the venture system always go forward with their bags. loooks odd to have one forward and nothing on rear. I'm leaning toward this system, but would like to see more pics of them on 919s. What rear bag is available for the sport rack? for around town type stuff?
There are pics on the Ventura website.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/

Also, if you look around that website, and also www.sporttouringusa.com, you will find answers to all of your questions. There bags for every rack, numerous different bags for the pack rack, and other stuff to make touring easier. I liked it so much on my 919 that I am outfitting my DR650 with the same stuff. Simple and durable. All I ever wanted.

-Joe
post #15 of 15 Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423 View Post
The ventura system is pretty flexible. They recommend it facing forward when you're 1-up, rearward when you're 2 up. You can also zip two bags together and have one forward and one rearword. There are also several smaller options for day trips.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode