LOOKING FOR 919 CDI (PGM) UNIT - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 07-05-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

LOOKING FOR 919 CDI (PGM) UNIT

HI FOLKS.I BUSTED MY PGM (ECM,CDI) UNIT FROM MY CB919 AND I'M LOOKING TO GET ONE.IF YOU HAVE ANY PLS EMAIL ME OR CALL ME 203 455 4625 GERALD.THACKS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-06-2008, 07:08 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Hey new guy, how did you bust up your ecm?

post #3 of 15 Old 07-06-2008, 07:32 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Mine got fried cuz I had a loose connection at the bank angle sensor. I had a loose connection at the bank angle sensor because I losened it up by jumping across it. But that's another story.

Since there isn't one on EBay right now, you're going to have to do an internet search of bike scrap yards. Expect to pay around $325 because that's about half of the price of a new one.

post #4 of 15 Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

Welcome!
Are you sure the unit is toast? Honda ECU's are pretty bulletproof electrically. Now if it got a hole drilled through it, or whacked several times with a hammer, or got an input wire TIG welded, all of which I've seen, the problem is usually external. If none of those is the case go to: https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...265#post148265
and trace the power and grounds before spending a bundle replacing it.

Anyway, here's hoping it's something simple.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
post #5 of 15 Old 07-06-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

thanks for your opinion guys.actualy i want to add an alarm with remote starter and thear it starts the problem.i got the service manual and i made all the measurement possible.the relays, the bank angle sensor,they are ok.when i turn the inginition switch to on nothing is happend.no gas pump action.i have the wireing and i looked over,the wire from the ecu witch supposed to command the pump relay is a + and supposed to be a -.if the bank angle sensore is the probleme than i don't have power on the ecu black/white wire.but i have.i anybody knows whats doing the pink wire from the ingnition switch (is a RED a RED\BLACK and a PINK wire)pls let me know.thanks guys (sorry for the grammar i just got hear from europe )

post #6 of 15 Old 07-14-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

hmmmmm. just replaced the pgm and nothing.i have the original manual and i double checked, everything is ok.all the senzors are ok.any suggestions are wellcome. thanks

post #7 of 15 Old 07-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

whatever you have done so far installing the alarm, UNdo it.

post #8 of 15 Old 07-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzTurbo View Post
whatever you have done so far installing the alarm, UNdo it.
+100
Return it to as close to original as you can, then try to start it again. If it still will not run the fuel pump turn off the key and short the Brown/Black wire at the ECU connector to ground and turn the key on while holding the relay. If the pump runs start the engine. If you feel the relay click but the pump still will not run then the problem is either the contacts in the relay are burned (or some other internal defect), there is a break in the wire between the pump and the relay, the pump is not grounded, or the pump is malfunctioning and needs replacement.

If the relay does not click short the Brown/Black wire to ground at the relay and try again. Something should have happened by now!

Of course there is the possibility that the coil in the relay is shorted and the overload burned out the control transistor in the ECU, in which case the second you plugged in the new ECU and turned on the key it was burned out as well. I fervently hope this is not the case.

Since you have already checked the relay control wire for voltage when the key is turned on (and it will only be near ground potential for about 2 seconds after powering up the ECU, so make sure the test lead is on the wire before turning the key on) then the only other possibility is the pin in the ECU block connector is bent, pushed back, or otherwise not making sufficient connection.

By the way, the Pink wire is a complete mystery. It is connected to the switched (Red/Black) terminal through a diode the symbol for which I've never seen before, and shorted when the ignition is switched off. Page 19-19 in the service manual is the best view of the internal connections of the ignition switch. It's intent may be to inhibit activating the ECU if the Red/Black (IGN) wire is connected directly to the battery when the ignition switch is not turned on, such as when someone tries to hot wire it, but I'm just not sure.

Good luck with this.

Rob

On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
post #9 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

yep. that's what is happend. i connected the ACC alarm wire to the reb/black wire to activate the power what i need to start the bike.the i supposed o cut the ignition wire wich i know now is the black/white but i made the frong wire confussing it with the pink. soooooo when i start the bike from the remote the pink wire was close conection pink-red/black witch normaly is open conection when you turn the ignition swich on. something happend but i don't know what.if i sortcut the relay the pump is running but still nothing.i need a ground from the ecu to start the punm.that's missing.and the crazy Fi light is on all the time .no blinks nothing just on.i tried to reset the sistem with the jumper at the service connector but nothing.i have power on the engine cut relay so the bank senzor end the stop swich and the rest of it is ok.the inj. are ok the rezistens on them is ok.evrithing is ok, just one part looks to not be like in the book.(that book has a lot of mistakes too much for a honda service manual).tha ingnition pulse generator they sad it supposet to have 0.7 v minimum.mine dosen't have enithing.i made the measuremts on the to wire from the generator y/wy.if is other way to do thet pls let me know.i'm a big honda fan and i had a lot of bikes in my life but this one it gave me a lesson. if anyone has something in mind can call me at 203 455 4625.if i start the bike i pay your phone bill ) thanks.

post #10 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

if the transistor whitch controls the pump relay is burned out why when i shortcut the relay still not running.the pomp is pussing but that's all.something is blocking my ecu but i dont know what.maybe the diod from the ignition swich is busted and i need to replace that one.tha last thing what i can try.tha go to the dealer.they gonna start with the same thinks what i'm done.i think they don't have any tester to connect it to my ecu and go true a test .

post #11 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Have you removed all alarm stuff, putting all the Honda wires back where they were originally?

post #12 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoremoto View Post
i know now is the black/white but i made the frong wire confussing it with the pink. soooooo when i start the bike from the remote the pink wire was close conection pink-red/black witch normaly is open conection when you turn the ignition swich on.
I assume you have undone the entire alarm installation. If not, do so before proceeding.
If the pump is running then it's got to be the ECU or its inputs, in this case the doide connected to the pink wire may have been flambe'd during the alarm installation attempt. Fortunately, the electrical portion of the switch is available separately from the lock portion and comes with new break head bolts. I'd try the switch next, and hopefully that will take care of it.

Good luck

Rob

------- Rob --------
post #13 of 15 Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

hmmmm.is working. afther 4 days at honda and still nothing i decided to change the ignition swich. a f..ken diod wich is 15cent it made me crazy.it's a zener diod wich drops the voltage to 11,40 and actualy it works like a reset for the ecu. "yas is the owner" ) i have another 919 wich is a streetfighter project.when is gonna be done i hope you gonna like it.anybody knows howe this pipes sound on a 919? ebay-Item number: 120286013591 thanks for your help folks.it's a real pleasure to be member in this forum...

post #14 of 15 Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

Yoshimura is a well respected manufacturer of exhausts, and if you do a search in this forum you'll probably find a post or twelve with a link to the sound. By the way, the price listed on the EBAY item is exactly what is quoted on the Yoshimura web site as retail.

Glad to hear the ignition switch did the trick -- a sneaky way to prevent hot wiring! I wondered why the diode is shorted with the ignition off, now I know.

Rob

------- Rob --------
post #15 of 15 Old 07-30-2008, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

i made him on offer on ebay and he accepted 600 shipted. i hope they gonna sound "yoshi" ).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode