Leo Vince Cans, Plugs, 16000K service - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Leo Vince Cans, Plugs, 16000K service

I am getting ready to dive into another winters worth of projects on my '02 919. I have some concerns with the Leo Vince slip ons I am planning to purchase. The Manufacturer states that the F.I. system does not need any modification with the slip on cans. Should I assume this is correct and go ahead with out or will a Dynojet unit, Quality map benifit my bikes performance?

Plugs.
Is there any real advantage to the NGK iridiums vs standard recommended NGKs?

16000k service.
I know there will be little need to concern myself with calibrating valves (I will check clearances) But is there anything else important I should be concerned with? Ie, Cam chain tensioner, Injector calibration.
I am already planning the PAIR block offs, drive sprocket, jetcoat header and Y-pipe, new clutch. Is there more I should do while the niner is tore down?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Scott

I have the Leo Vince slip-ons and haven't installed a power commander yet there is some improvement in performance but still think the PCIII will make a big difference as my bike seems to run too rich.

I contacted the techs @ Leo Vince via e-mail and they told me that the PCIII maps for the Satos would work well with their exhaust. I will try it when I've saved enough money.

The Vince's come with the Y pipe and the pipes from the Y back to the cans.

I have been very happy with them.

You will have to remove the rear shock and spring to get the Y pipe in place. but the job is fairly easy I did it in the garage after work one night and rode to work the next day.

Good Luck. Oh and by the way I live in Sussex WI so if you need any help I'd be happy to lend a hand just send me a PM and we can go from there.

Scott

post #3 of 13 Old 08-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Front fork maintenance.

Is it winter up there already?

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #4 of 13 Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Naked in Cheese Land

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Wisco - maybe we should get a group discount from JetCoat - The only things left to black out on mine are the header and the swing arm

You Milwaukee area 919's going to brave the weather for TWT tonight?

post #5 of 13 Old 08-11-2007, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith53089 View Post
I have the Leo Vince slip-ons and haven't installed a power commander yet there is some improvement in performance but still think the PCIII will make a big difference as my bike seems to run too rich.

I contacted the techs @ Leo Vince via e-mail and they told me that the PCIII maps for the Satos would work well with their exhaust. I will try it when I've saved enough money.

The Vince's come with the Y pipe and the pipes from the Y back to the cans.

I have been very happy with them.

You will have to remove the rear shock and spring to get the Y pipe in place. but the job is fairly easy I did it in the garage after work one night and rode to work the next day.

Good Luck. Oh and by the way I live in Sussex WI so if you need any help I'd be happy to lend a hand just send me a PM and we can go from there.

Scott
Nice to meet you Scott,

Thanks for the info on the Leo Vince System. This is the reply I was interested in getting. I will plan on getting the power commander with the exhaust. Thanks

post #6 of 13 Old 08-11-2007, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Front fork maintenance.

Is it winter up there already?
HJ, I am just getting myself prepared. I travel quite often for work and will be gone for a good portion of fall. I had just done my fork spring upgrade changed fluid etc.

post #7 of 13 Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Shadows View Post
Wisco - maybe we should get a group discount from JetCoat - The only things left to black out on mine are the header and the swing arm

You Milwaukee area 919's going to brave the weather for TWT tonight?
I will be at TWT this week Anti-Shadows. I would be interested in a bulk rate if we can do it. Most likey be going to the TWT at Lulu's.

post #8 of 13 Old 08-11-2007, 10:47 AM

i got a lot of popping under deceleration using the leo vince end cans without PC III . a tad too loud even with baffles on.

post #9 of 13 Old 08-11-2007, 04:27 PM

I purchased the CF Leo's in 2003. They make a great product. In 2004 I installed the Power Commander (USB) and noticed a huge difference. I can't recall which map I used, but it was one that used after market pipes and air filter. I recommend buying the Power Commander.

post #10 of 13 Old 08-11-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Thank you for all of your input gentlemen.

post #11 of 13 Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 AM

I am doing the same thing this winter on my 02 919. I am only at 11000 kms but they were quite rough(big guy lots of hard stops and gravel roads) so I am going to do the forks ,change the springs to heavier aftermarket ones (any suggestions?) service the brakes and install some better lines on the front.

One thing I have noticed is my clutch and front brake need to be adjusted I bet some of you guys are in the same boat. Because it happens so gradually it is hard to notice. It is also time for a new front tire.

post #12 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Tirone

For the front forks use Race Tech, you can calculate on their web site www.racetech.com what spring rate to buy. I also suggest you get the the valve kit makes a big difference...

post #13 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Naked in Cheese Land

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisco919 View Post
I will be at TWT this week Anti-Shadows. I would be interested in a bulk rate if we can do it. Most likey be going to the TWT at Lulu's.
See you there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode