Killer deal on an '06 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 05-22-2016, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Killer deal on an '06 919

Wanted to drop by and say hello! I'm Carlo and just picked up what i believe to be a pretty clean 2006 919 last night. If I had to guess, an enthusiast of sorts owned the bike judging by the mods that are already done on it.

-20K miles
-900RR Single sided exhaust conversion with the Yoshimura RS3 can.
-Also shaved the rear pegs off. I don't know that I'm a fan of that, but thats alright.
-Koso Gauge
-Renthal UL bars
-Aprilia Mirrors
-Sata frame sliders
-Chopped rear fender and integrated tail
- Aftermarket LED blinkers in front
-Heated grips (not sure of the brand)
-He said something about the cam chain tensioner. You can see it in the pictures.
-Pirelli Angel rear, and Dunlop Q3 up front. He also gave me the matching pirelli Angel for the front in a 65 profile, he said he didn't like it
-Came with a tank bra and bigger windshield as well although I stripped them off.

[/URL]

I do like the single side exhaust conversion, but I was thinking of making it a bit smaller. Maybe either chopping the can.. Or getting a different slip on all together. I do kinda like the high angle look though.

Was ultimately looking for a new naked sport bike I'd love and I came across this and couldn't pass it up. I've owned a few Hondas and loved them all. My pride and joy was my 2002 RC51. I kick myself everyday for getting rid of that beast!

Looking forward to making this bike my own and getting back on a bike again! I haven't had a bike for a few years now, Life got in the way unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-22-2016, 08:34 PM
oops hurts

Garage
Congrats on the new 9er. Looks pretty clean and some decent mods.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-23-2016, 02:13 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome! Nice looking 9er! You might want to consider moving the sliders from the engine mount tabs to the frame, that location has been problematic for a few over the years.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-23-2016, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
Hello and welcome! Nice looking 9er! You might want to consider moving the sliders from the engine mount tabs to the frame, that location has been problematic for a few over the years.
Perfect! Thanks for the advice! I will definitely do so.

post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2016, 06:19 PM
Optio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo1170 View Post
Wanted to drop by and say hello! I'm Carlo and just picked up what i believe to be a pretty clean 2006 919 last night. If I had to guess, an enthusiast of sorts owned the bike judging by the mods that are already done on it.

-20K miles
-900RR Single sided exhaust conversion with the Yoshimura RS3 can.
-Also shaved the rear pegs off. I don't know that I'm a fan of that, but thats alright.
-Koso Gauge
-Renthal UL bars
-Aprilia Mirrors
-Sata frame sliders
-Chopped rear fender and integrated tail
- Aftermarket LED blinkers in front
-Heated grips (not sure of the brand)
-He said something about the cam chain tensioner. You can see it in the pictures.
-Pirelli Angel rear, and Dunlop Q3 up front. He also gave me the matching pirelli Angel for the front in a 65 profile, he said he didn't like it
-Came with a tank bra and bigger windshield as well although I stripped them off.

[/URL]

I do like the single side exhaust conversion, but I was thinking of making it a bit smaller. Maybe either chopping the can.. Or getting a different slip on all together. I do kinda like the high angle look though.

Was ultimately looking for a new naked sport bike I'd love and I came across this and couldn't pass it up. I've owned a few Hondas and loved them all. My pride and joy was my 2002 RC51. I kick myself everyday for getting rid of that beast!

Looking forward to making this bike my own and getting back on a bike again! I haven't had a bike for a few years now, Life got in the way unfortunately.
Welcome! Would love to see more pics. Looks great from the one.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
post #6 of 6 Old 05-26-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Just put some new levers and a fender eliminator on tonight. Wasn't fond of the chop job. Didn't look bad, but seeing the cuts on the stock fender bugged me a bit.

Also figured out I've already got a PAIR delete as well. More bonuses!

I'll get some more pictures as the weather here in Denver takes a turn for the better. Damn rainy days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode