Just picked up an 03 919, now it's not starting..
I am new to this forum, but have browsed it quite a bit.. Recently I bought a 2003 Honda 919 with 15k on it. It ran without problems and the previous owner did regular maintenance. However when I get something used I like to get it on my schedule. I did an oil change, no problems. Since its close to 16k I wanted to change the spark plugs. Everything went well except plug three, the rubber boot was damaged, but still clicks on to the plug, new boot on order. When I put everything back it just turns over and will pop every few seconds. HereS what I have done so far to trouble shoot and no luck:
1. Checked that the coil spades are connected and that the correct coils are hooked to the correct cylinders (1-4 on one and 2-3 on another).
2. Triple checked spark plug gap and even tried again with old plugs, same results.
3. Checked the spark to each plug, and every one has a good spark.
4. I can hear the fuel pump kick on when I turn key on. I
5. Checked all fuses and electrical connections, also fully charged the battery
Does anyone have any ideas of what else to try? The bike was running fine before this and the plugs that came out 2-3 were not fouled. I did notice while takin the plugs in and out after turning engine over there seems to be a small amount of fuel on the bottom of the plugs.. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks