Jr.'s Street Triple - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 06-13-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Jr.'s Street Triple

So my son is off at his annual National Guard training (until the 21st) so I get to "babysit" his new Street Triple. He asked that I fire it up a few times so of course I had to take a short spin. Damn, I really really like this bike!

Now even though I'm into my cruiser mode with my Sabre (really love this bike), I have to say this Street Triple is one of the most amazingly fun bikes I've ridden in my entire life. If I was 20 years younger (and a hell of a lot more flexible) I had have one. The only drawback is the seat. He discovered that on our 140 mile trip, think he'll be getting the factory gel seat for his birthday next month. Not sure I like the flyscreen, but hey it's his bike & if he likes it that's all that matters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-14-2008, 12:08 AM
I like yellow bikes

Question Injection?

How do you (and your son) find the injection on it? I had a demo ride on one last year and absolutely loved it apart from the injection. But for me the injection was a show-stopper. I found it almost impossible to cope with on what you'd call tight off-ramps, as you'd suddenly hit the revs where it went jerky part way round, and then struggle to control it. But the one I rode was a very early one, and Triumph are better than some other manufacturers about issuing revised maps where necessary, so there's every chance that it's sorted by now. I know that I loved the handling and suspension, brakes, riding position, ..., just about everything except the fuelling.

Janet the jet
post #3 of 11 Old 06-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Take advantage of the "babysitting," get out there and put some miles on it.

post #4 of 11 Old 06-14-2008, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Janet, honestly I haven't ridden it enough to put it through all it's paces. However I can say I haven't noticed anything at all like you described. When he was deciding on what bike to get, the dealer had one that was a demo. That one we did take on/off the highway & didn't notice anything. My son's bike was part of the third shipment of machines the dealer had received so perhaps this was already dealt with.

My son hasn't mentioned any difficulty with maintaining acceleration or surging or even a thing besides the seat. I hope I understood your question.

Now Mike, I promised him I wouldn't run up the miles while he was gone. Can't break my word to one of the 2 greatest sons in the world can I?

post #5 of 11 Old 06-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc45 View Post
Now Mike, I promised him I wouldn't run up the miles while he was gone. Can't break my word to one of the 2 greatest sons in the world can I?
Tomorrow is Fathers Day - You can do whatever you like!

post #6 of 11 Old 06-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc45 View Post
Just do what they did on Ferris Buellers day off and run it in reverse for a while

Enjoy babysitting it for however many miles you do put on it.

post #7 of 11 Old 06-14-2008, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
Tomorrow is Fathers Day - You can do whatever you like!
Hahaha, you're right! OK!! Actually, I plan on washing it for him so it'll look nice for him when he gets home next Saturday. Father's Day, that's where I get to take myself and my younger son out for brunch, pay for it, then give him another $20 so he has $ for the rest of the day to go hang out with his friends

post #8 of 11 Old 06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Does it really need to be started at all if it's only sitting for a week? Don't get me wrong, I'd still take it out for at least one good run to make sure everything is functioning properly...

ENJOY!!

I agree with your comment on that windscreen. I'm not exactly sure what to think of that one.

post #9 of 11 Old 06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Tirone

Last time I let my dad babysit my bike, it ended up in a ditch.

post #10 of 11 Old 06-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet the jet View Post
How do you (and your son) find the injection on it? I had a demo ride on one last year and absolutely loved it apart from the injection. But for me the injection was a show-stopper. I found it almost impossible to cope with on what you'd call tight off-ramps, as you'd suddenly hit the revs where it went jerky part way round, and then struggle to control it. But the one I rode was a very early one, and Triumph are better than some other manufacturers about issuing revised maps where necessary, so there's every chance that it's sorted by now. I know that I loved the handling and suspension, brakes, riding position, ..., just about everything except the fuelling.
I rode one at Americade that had the Triumph/Arrow exhaust with a PCIII and a map and it was sweeeeet! No EFI issues I could see and I'm pretty picky. The only thing I didn't like about the bike was the handlebars.

post #11 of 11 Old 06-17-2008, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoney View Post
Does it really need to be started at all if it's only sitting for a week? Don't get me wrong, I'd still take it out for at least one good run to make sure everything is functioning properly...

ENJOY!!

I agree with your comment on that windscreen. I'm not exactly sure what to think of that one.

Well he actually left the week before I posted, lol. Every time I pull into the garage I see it sitting there and it just looks up at me with those big round headlights almost pleading with me to take it out for a spin!!

Motocav, I would feel absolutely horrible if anything happened to it while I was out with it while he's out of town. He's been a great son and never gave me a bit of trouble while growing up.

Now if this bike belonged to my younger son.....well, that would be a whole different story !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode