Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

It's done! 900RR header with Supertrapp...

4K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  919Hooligan 
#1 ·
Ok, it's done! I had to fab a rear brackett, but otherwise it was a piece of cake. I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with the rear fender, if anything at all. I kinda like it with the amount that I already hacked off.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice! It is tight to the frame, thus no broken dog leg effect! Please tell us if you notice performance differences? Does having the exhaust exit ~2' further away reduce the noise at YOUR head? Is there a snowball's chance for a modified center stand?

Great job!

#16 ·
I really don't know about the power yet, as today was the first time riding it like this and I had a passenger the whole time, which was also a first. I'll hopefully get some more seat time tomorrow and let you know. The exhaust is definetly quieter, but that is compared to having the bafflectomy on the stock pipes. It's louder than stock; kind of a nice in between, but quiter at my head for sure. No chance on the center stand, but I didn't have one in the first place, so I don't miss it!

#17 ·
Thanks! That bracket was a good excuse for me to get out the sawzall, welder, and grinder and make something. It was the most time consuming part at about an hour.

#18 ·
The header was off a 99 CBR900RR and the muffler was supposed to fit 93-95 CBR900RR. That's all I really know! They were ebay finds, at a total investment of $178 for the header and brand new muffler, plus about $13 for stainless bolts and a muffler gasket.

#7 ·
I'm not sure what the difference is between the two parts listed. I'm guessing it differs for model years, but they never really changed the headpipes through the life of the RR to my knowledge, only the muffler.

#8 ·
Bock919 is correct and as far as I can remember, the other small difference was the mid-pipe bracket, the placement of it differ from the years below.

Here are the part numbers from Honda:

93-95 18150-MW0-750
96-97 18150-MAS-003
98-99 18150-MAS-L01

#27 ·
I did notice a bit of a dip in midrange, but the PC3 definitely helped. Unfortunately, now that I don't have a running PC3 I'm back to the weak midrange I had before. Part of it might be your muffler, though. Even without a PC3, I wouldn't complain about a lack of midrange, just a slight dip in power when compared to stock.

#28 ·
I installed a full system for a 900RR from Vance&Hines with no negitive impact. I have not run a super trapp since my CB1100F days. However, I think they use diffuser disks to regulate back pressure it is worth a check. You could buy a larger disk pack or you could install washers between the disks. Mine where held in place with 6 long allen head screws. The therory has you could correct jetting buy altering back pressure. It worked great on my old 1100F. Best luck

#31 ·
This muffler is a sealed fiberglass packed unit. Supertrapp dabbled in normal mufllers that were non adjustable also, which is what this is. I think a different can and a PC3 will solve everything. There is a couple D&D slip ons for a 900rr on ebay; I think I will go ahead and get one of those.

Does anyone know if D&D's have a straight through design?

#30 ·
awarble, I didn't see honda919rider's map on the Dynojet site, just the "Two Brothers Racing Full System" map. I got honda919rider's map from the "other", now defunct website. I use them both and find that the Two Brothers delivers just a little more fuel mileage but the power through all the bands seems to be about the same. I get no dip in the midrange with either of those two maps. I'm running a '93-'95 CBR900RR header with a Wileyco (carbon fiber body, pleated stainless steel can filler, straight through) can.

#33 ·
Ok, so I got me a PCIII but I haven't installed it yet. I was going to use the two brothers full system map, but I can't get it to come up in the "open map" part of the software. When I downlaod it it gets saved as an .exe file and the software won't open it. How did you get it to work?

#34 ·
Run the exe file, it should unpack to the default powercommander directory on your hard drive. Next time you open the program you should be able to open that map from the powercommander directory (which is the default directory it looks in for maps anyway).

#35 ·
I did that, but it unzipped as a .map file, which it still wouldn't recognize. I fugured it out though; I just searched for maps in that file and it recognized it that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.