IT'S ALIIIIIIVVE!!! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.

IT'S ALIIIIIIVVE!!!

As of right now the bike is up and running! Could have even gone for a ride but had way more shit to do. Here's the fucked up thing...

EVERYTHING is back in tip top working order... except my left front turn signal. I've switched between 3 diff. lights but each time I plug in a new one, it stays lit! All others function properly. When I turn on the right side, the left goes out. When left on and when neither engaged, the front left just stays lit. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

stock turns or 2 with after market?

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #3 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Princeps Prior

check the wiring inside the bucket. use a multimeter to figure out which one is ground, constant positive (running lights) and the switched blinker. I belive your looking for the solid orange wire. \ If you know how to use a multimeter I would use it anyway. That way you know for sure what's going on. With that multimeter you should read the orange wire with the white stripe as a constant 12 volts.

post #4 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

pinched wire!!
Remove the cover to the signal light, check voltage from each wire with meter. If the are both "hot" they have been shorted together. One should pulsate at 1 pulse per second (given correct flash rate)

Arte et Marte
post #5 of 9 Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.

Ok, so for the ever lovin' life of me I can't find the pinch or cross or god knows what. Prev owner had both blinkers running off the blue wires. Don't know how but it worked. I found the orange harness and plugged it back in. Right side solid blue and ground=good blink. Left side ground and striped blue=constant on. When the right is switched on, left side goes out. Same on the orange side. So I know it's somewhere before the split. I wanna say the problem is inside the switch on the bars, but I have no way to tell. I know how to use a multimeter but I don't think it'll help in this situation. Any ideas appreciated!

post #6 of 9 Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

right side is green=ground
light blue
lt. blue with white

left side=
green = grnd
orange
orange/white tracer

white tracers are running lights

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #7 of 9 Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
lusting over something...

IIRC: I did the same thing when I soldered new contacts for aftermarket turnsignals. Front and back DO NOT use the same color coding for polarity. Reverse polarity and problem solved.

post #8 of 9 Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

no rear is same

green=gnd
orange=left
lt. blue=right

according to the diagram in the service manual

post #9 of 9 Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.

Wired back to stock and everything is back to normal! Thanks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode