It wasn't a 600, but... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Sike

It wasn't a 600, but...

it still was fun/funny. Why is it that car drivers still haven't learned??? It was a new/newer Mustang Cobra. I didn't pass him (given my wife was behind me and I didn't want to have to worry about her passing him too, on her 599). However, for a couple of miles on a back road I tormented him. At first he tried the straight line approach, only to realize it wasn't even exercise for my bike. Then, he waited for a set of corners and gave it a run (but was kind of a chicken). The only way I new for sure he was trying was the roar of his engine over mine. It did sound cool.

Let the abuse begin.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Sweet. Nothing better than smoking a 40grand sports car with a 7grand bike

post #3 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Milites Gregarius

I agree! But I love my american muscle. There is still something to be said for american rumble of a V8 and a 5 speed manual transmission!

post #4 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

only thing better is some "rice burner" "jap scrap" with twice the HP and handling ability smoke em.
i do love smoking rear tires on american muscle, but love more to beable to smoke all 4 on a evo

post #5 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dcycle View Post
only thing better is some "rice burner" "jap scrap" with twice the HP and handling ability smoke em.
i do love smoking rear tires on american muscle, but love more to beable to smoke all 4 on a evo
Back when I was doing trackdays in cars, I saw a guy with one of the first Evo's out at the track. He was horrible, almost to the point of me thinking it was Candid Camera. Before doing the lapping, the school has you go through some exercises, one of which is full power braking. He somehow got partial brake and full throttle, the car was smoking all the tires and going every different direction as the instructors were going every direction running (I guess nobody had ever screwed that exercise up, so they were within hitting range). That was and is my favorite memory of an all-wheel-drive smoking all four tires!!!

post #6 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I had one of those encounters last fall. Came up fast beind then got smaller. After that he (or she) became a follower then made a right turn.

post #7 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Its always fun to see what car drivers think. I had a guy try to out do my with his Mustang 5.0...Later that day he was challenging my friend on his 919 and then later while I was in my car. I have yet to see him accomplish anything.

I love cars, but they just aren't going to beat a bike unless it is an amazing car, but then they wouldn't be messing around.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #8 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Imaginifer

Where I live you can pass on a double solid yellow line as long as it is in a safe manner.I love coming up behind slow people and then blowing by.

post #9 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
I love cars, but they just aren't going to beat a bike unless it is an amazing car, but then they wouldn't be messing around.
Last year they had a test to determine which bike, stock, is fastest to 180 MPH. They brought a car along for the fun of it, it was a 900 HP Ford GT (obviously a bit of mods). It was 4 seconds slower than the winner, which is an amazing distance at that speed. By the way, the winner was a ZX10 (and, yes, I'm jaded).

post #10 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

(and, yes, I'm jaded).
really?

post #11 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Way to go... I would never do such a thing

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #12 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Is it shallow that we get such pleasure form this ? NO, its just fun !

Want more fun, smoke a Corvette at one light, only to have them try again at the nest light and wheelie past !

post #13 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 07:15 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ohno View Post

Is it shallow that we get such pleasure form this ? NO, its just fun !

Want more fun, smoke a Corvette at one light, only to have them try again at the nest light and wheelie past , all while on a big green KLR
There. I fixed it for you.

post #14 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I had a somewhat similar experence with a friend on a 4 wheeler. We were trail riding. I was on my WR 450. He's one of those guys, that everythings a competition. He tried like crazy to run off and leave me, but he just ended up wearing himself out, his home "turf", I had never been on those trails before.

post #15 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

i usually wait a while and then give 'em the 80mph unicycle treatment

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.
post #16 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Tirone

i spanked a supra on 441 it was definately fast you could here the turbo but anyway it takes alot of car to beat a bike. a long time ago me and my brother were on us 27 and drove past a busa so we slowed down and i signaled the guy to hit it and he did .well , we were doing about 140 and this bike passed us like we were just sitting still. ahhh the good ol days

post #17 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
i spanked a supra on 441 it was definately fast you could here the turbo but anyway it takes alot of car to beat a bike. a long time ago me and my brother were on us 27 and drove past a busa so we slowed down and i signaled the guy to hit it and he did .well , we were doing about 140 and this bike passed us like we were just sitting still. ahhh the good ol days
I loved my Busa and miss her, but thought I would kill myself with her.

post #18 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

My favorite race video of all time.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxumYiPmoy0

Spoiler:

post #19 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
My favorite race video of all time.
link is broke there rick...

and i don't know what kinda bike that was but the rider must have gave up for the porsche to go past him like that....

post #20 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
link is broke there rick...

and i don't know what kinda bike that was but the rider must have gave up for the porsche to go past him like that....
I think the only car, excluding purpose built racecars, that can hold their own with a bike is the Bugatti Veyron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShY1ObPvhQ

It appears in this video the R1 is giving it a good run. I can attest to a Porsche not running even with a Busa.

post #21 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Last year they had a test to determine which bike, stock, is fastest to 180 MPH. They brought a car along for the fun of it, it was a 900 HP Ford GT (obviously a bit of mods). It was 4 seconds slower than the winner, which is an amazing distance at that speed. By the way, the winner was a ZX10 (and, yes, I'm jaded).
Yes i read that magazine article as well.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #22 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
yes the zx10 won nicely...

but they found out later if they put a larger rider on the cbr1000rr that it will hold its own with any of them...
maybe not win but definately hold its own..

the cbr is so light that they couldnt launch it and keep it down at 110-120 mph it was still wanting to wheelie because of the little bitty riders (130-150 pounds) they had on them..

but they all shut down at 187... at least before someone works some magic on them... muahhhahahahaa

post #23 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
Yes i read that magazine article as well.
It is funny. On paper and/or with a really talented rider, the Busa and 10 are equal in acceleration. The Busa, with a few mods, will spank the 10 running quarters. The biggest difference is how much easier it was to lauch and run the Busa really hard in a straight line, as though it was effortless speed. The 10 sounds pissed as hell and wants to go over backwards in first if you try to go WFO too soon. Luckily, most of the runs against cars happen on the open roads starting at 60ish mph, and that makes things much easier. If I could have a garage full of bikes, I would definitely have a new Busa. By the way, the 10 leaves the Busa for dead as soon as the corners appear.

post #24 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
It is funny. On paper and/or with a really talented rider, the Busa and 10 are equal in acceleration. The Busa, with a few mods, will spank the 10 running quarters. The biggest difference is how much easier it was to lauch and run the Busa really hard in a straight line, as though it was effortless speed. The 10 sounds pissed as hell and wants to go over backwards in first if you try to go WFO too soon. Luckily, most of the runs against cars happen on the open roads starting at 60ish mph, and that makes things much easier. If I could have a garage full of bikes, I would definitely have a new Busa. By the way, the 10 leaves the Busa for dead as soon as the corners appear.
but i wonder what would happen if they put 25 pounds or so onto the front of the zx10 to help launch it...

thats why the busa is so fast in the quarter... its heavy and don't wanna stand up and flip....... as bad...lol..

post #25 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Sike

Here is the naked for folks with strong hearts and good life insurance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQP4...om=PL&index=34

It apparently belongs to Ghost Rider, and if you have read about him it is worth the time.

post #26 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
but i wonder what would happen if they put 25 pounds or so onto the front of the zx10 to help launch it...

thats why the busa is so fast in the quarter... its heavy and don't wanna stand up and flip....... as bad...lol..
My Busa was more likely to spin the rear than to wheelie, throttle only. I have heard the newest version does wheelie a lot more, but I haven't ridden one yet. I will as soon as a used one comes into the local shop!!!

post #27 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:32 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
My Busa was more likely to spin the rear than to wheelie, throttle only. I have heard the newest version does wheelie a lot more, but I haven't ridden one yet. I will as soon as a used one comes into the local shop!!!
we had one come into rick case (a 08) used and one of the techs took it for a "test ride".. he said it handled much better than the older ones and that it felt lighter while riding it... i couldnt sneak off on it at the time...

post #28 of 41 Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Al

I was just in the neigbourhood so I thought I'd throw in 2 cents worth...

About 5 weeks ago, brother and I went for a blast in the hills. We were on the last leg of the journey when at "the top of the hill" we caught up to one of those Subaru full WRX jobs. Man in the hands of a good driver with balls, one of these can seriously haul some butt, even in corners...

Anyway, we stopped at some roadworks and after a few minutes wait, away we went. My brother got past him under acceleration but when it came to me, he didn't like the idea of being overtaken by two identical bikes so he tried to shut the door while I was in mid-overtake, coming up to a corner and hitting about 130 kph (approx 80 mph). I could see a potential accident here if I didn't watch it, but I kept my cool and rolled on a bit more,, just enough to get him without running out of breaking room,, which I was about to need in abundance. He was a younger whipper snapper in a new toy but when I saw it was the real McCoy WRX, I thought to be "careful of the unknown". I got him with reasonable ease hitting the corner but he did not like it one bit and began to hang out the tail so I sped up and set off in pursuit of my brother who was about 200 metres ahead, which gave me plenty of play room. I give this guy his dues, he "almost" hung in there for a few seconds but I gave it hell and pulled away once I had his measure around corners. I caught up to brother and seeing what was coming he picked up the pace and we began to pull away. After about 5 minutes, we couldn't see him even along one very very long straight, so we stayed at the new pace and enjoyed the scenery.

There's one born every minute...

Oh yeah, as I got past this turkey I could see his girlfriend was not exactly turned on by his driving. She was hanging on to the dash and was undoubtedly using a few descriptive words to let him know how se felt... Hahahaha..!!!

post #29 of 41 Old 04-21-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Here is the naked for folks with strong hearts and good life insurance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQP4...om=PL&index=34

It apparently belongs to Ghost Rider, and if you have read about him it is worth the time.
heck yeah! my favorite unicycle vid EVER! there is another video of him out there that shows him POWER it up at (if i remember right) 211 mph...
unicycle UNICYCLE UNICYCLE!!!

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.
post #30 of 41 Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrat View Post
heck yeah! my favorite unicycle vid EVER! there is another video of him out there that shows him POWER it up at (if i remember right) 211 mph...
unicycle UNICYCLE UNICYCLE!!!
He did that wheelie at the European wheelie competition put on by one of the magazines, so it was legit. The next year, and since then, they are only doing the sustained wheelie portion of the competition (maybe he ruined it for everyone else).

post #31 of 41 Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Eeeeeyup. the zx-10 leans quietly in the corner of the bar chuckling as the other bikes stroll in elbowing their manhood around. When a busa and a 14 appear at the door, mr 10 takes a seat and slides the ashtray closer mumbling:this ought to be good.

post #32 of 41 Old 05-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I killed Barton664

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I got to drive my bosses Supercharged Mustang Cobra SVT last week. That car is ridiculously fast and I would honestly not want to race it on my bike because I am scared I would lose... Its 0-60 is low 3's...

I spun the tires at like 60mph in 3rd gear and I power slid through a light all with TControl on... (He told me not to turn it off) When the Supercharger kicks in there is so much torque the front left of the car lifts up as the chassis twists.

YouTube - Ford Mustang Cobra

Spoiler:
post #33 of 41 Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Sike

There are about a dozen bikes that range from 2.5 to 2.75 for 0-60. And, those are all stock bikes off the showroom floor. However, I would still love to beat on that Mustang!!!

post #34 of 41 Old 05-15-2009, 10:11 PM
I killed Barton664

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
There are about a dozen bikes that range from 2.5 to 2.75 for 0-60. And, those are all stock bikes off the showroom floor. However, I would still love to beat on that Mustang!!!
That is with an absolute pro on the bike though... It is alot easier to go 0-60 fast in a car than on a bike because the car wont flip over...

That car is scary fast, I am in love with it.

Spoiler:
post #35 of 41 Old 05-16-2009, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
That is with an absolute pro on the bike though... It is alot easier to go 0-60 fast in a car than on a bike because the car wont flip over...

That car is scary fast, I am in love with it.
I think those numbers are within the reach of good riders who want to practice (and replace clutches). For example, when the ZX14 came out the magazine were all getting 9.7-9.8ish for the quarter mile, whereas Ricky Gadsen was getting 9.2-9.3 (and into the high 8's with basic mods and lowering).

But, I do agree it is much, much easier to get quick times out of a car.

post #36 of 41 Old 05-16-2009, 04:34 PM
So, Satan's our mascot?

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Heh, I love when cars try to 'play', always makes me smile and laugh out loud in my helmet. Got to play with a Z06 at about 60-100 mile an hour range - pulled him pretty well, definitely could not have kept it up if we went any faster, methinks, and he may have been a bit slow on the draw.

post #37 of 41 Old 05-17-2009, 12:37 PM
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Regarding the airplane/car/bike vid - Keep in mind the bike wasn't passed until he had already reached his top speed, then the airplane (which needs to go more than twice as fast as the bike can just to take off) passed, then the car passed, with a much higher top speed, which it undoubtedly did not reach on the runway.

post #38 of 41 Old 05-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation 

The other day I was riding north on I-25 up to Loveland. A mustang cobra was behind me and then they pulled up next to me and were taunting me to race. I just ignored them (traffic is already fast on this stretch, everyone going 75) but they began driving erratically so I hit the gas and got the hell away from them very quickly. I dunno if he did get on the gas or not but I left him in my mirrors pretty easily. So, I thought I had distanced myself enough but a few minutes later I saw them behind me again, they began merging onto an exit so they were almost side by side with me and the a**holes threw a damn big gulp at me.

post #39 of 41 Old 05-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

^^^ Seriously? WTH is wrong with people?

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #40 of 41 Old 05-17-2009, 01:43 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

i honestly have no idea why someone would wanna throw something at her..

glad they missed...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode