Honda added a few new things on the 599 for 2006.
2006 Honda 599- Features
New for 2006
* New 41mm inverted HMAS fork with a new triple clamp and steering stem for superior handling and stability.
* Fully integrated lightweight instrumentation includes asymmetrical analog-style tachometer, LCD speedometer, six-segment fuel gauge, a/b tripmeters with countdown function and clock. A separate LCD built into the tachometer displays engine coolant temperature.
* New two-piece mini cowl surrounds instrumentation and features a tinted flyscreen for an aggressive look.
* Newly designed front fender improves styling.
* Dual texture seat has low-slip material and adds to rider and passenger comfort.
* Gold finish on the front and rear brake calipers plus gold anodized front disc carrier add distinctive look.
* New silver colored wheels.
* New Metallic Black color.
A lot of us were hoping that the instrument cluster would also migrate to the 919, but it never did.