I need a bestman speech. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Philanthropist

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I need a bestman speech.

Well after many years, many ups and downs my most trusted sidekick is getting married this coming Saturday.

Just as I charged him with "best man" duties he has now done the same to me and I'm not sure what to say to him and his new bride (I've now known her 3 or 4 years too).

We were born 1 week apart, joined the Navy 1 week apart, made 3 deployments together, and went to college together.

So what do you say to a guy like that?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Sounds easy. Tell him to run. Fast.

J/K. You seem to have a lot in common. You are good buds. Talk about some of the times you've had together and it will all go well. Keep it light hearted and throw in a "can you believe he did this" story or two.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Enginerd

for as long as you've known him come up with some stories that shows he's a great guy and that's why you know the marriage will last. Things about trust, integrity, and honesty are good topics.

bryan

post #4 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
?Tirone?

uumm thats to good to resist....
How about "I Do"??
.....somebody had to say it... i had to write a best "woman" speech for my sisters wedding, she married a chick, I wrote about how each one of their strengths complimented each others and how her mate was now a member of our family and so on.

post #5 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedprotege View Post
for as long as you've known him come up with some stories that shows he's a great guy and that's why you know the marriage will last. Things about trust, integrity, and honesty are good topics.

bryan
or

if you have a friend,true and blue.f^<k him before he f*&ks you.

then tell everyone how he stole your gf.

nah, better listen to bryan

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #6 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 06:21 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

i was my best friends best man, wasnt even given a time for a speech, so i didnt, i would have brought an old story of our antics or something like that

post #7 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Someting I did once when I was best man. Had about 7 house keys cut. Secretly passed them out to guys before the speeches. Right at the end of the speech I turned to his wife and said, "Now that you two are married I don't feel that it is right that I have a key to your house anymore." Then a walked over to her and placed a key in front of her. She looked very puzzled. You should have seen the look on her face when six other guys walked up and placed keys in front of her. Classic.

Spoiler:

post #8 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Tirone

My wife did the same thing to me. Should have seen the looks on their faces when her grandmother dropped a key in front of me.

post #9 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Game over! Make sure he maximizes his cards buying everything: EG bicycles, MC, dirt MC, sailboat, sports car he may EVER want. After entering the Institution you only get a maintenance fund, no replacements.

Then during the toast tell him you set up an Ebay account to unload it all to afford the nursery downgrade!

post #10 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

haha.
I have given about 7 best man speeches... Each were warm and heart felt.
The wedding rehersal is a time to be funny and witty... etc - but with in reason.
The wedding itself is a memory they will haev for life. It is about them and not you.
If you can keep that in mind... You will do fine.

Maybe take the opportunity to talk about some antic you and groom have done and how you love him like a brother (if in fact you do). Let everyone in the room know that you will do anything he has ever needed (nice time for a story about the time....)
Then let everyone know you are happy and blessed he has brought <insert bride name here> into you life and the lives of all your friends. Compliment her adoringly... etc...

Like I said before... The wedding will always be remembered. Maybe not the speech... but the wedding will be. Dont ruin it by trying to be funny.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #11 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 08:14 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

"She winked, I blinked. He moved, he wins."

post #12 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

As long as I have ____ (enter female name), she has been an integral part of ____ (enter his name). They just work together. For the past four years, I have had the privilege of watching these two individuals become one. As their love has grown, so has their commitment to each other and their devotion is obvious. I knew that this day was coming the moment ___ (his name) told me about ___ (her). His initial remarks were not just of how beautiful she was, but also about the way she made him light up and experience life from a new perspective. blah blah blah you get the picture.

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #13 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

nice. I vote for shaughnessy's suggestion.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #14 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Tesserarius

Reel Life Wisdom - The Top 10 Movie Quotes for Use in a Wedding Toast | Reel Life Wisdom

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people do in a lifetime" - Burt Munro
post #15 of 17 Old 05-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

keep it romantic expanding his prenuptial toy list before the music stops!

post #16 of 17 Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Tirone

use the 'past, present, future' model if you're stumped, can't go wrong.

I knew so and so when ________

Now he's getting married and ______

and I hope that in the future ________

One more hint: if you're going to be "funny" get it over with in the first, "past" phase but don't humilate him TOO much about some past incident!

post #17 of 17 Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Milites Gregarius

Don't get drunk before the speech. I've seen a few guys make fools of themselves and say some inappropriate stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode