Hyperpro springs - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
DaveCB919F4

Hyperpro springs

I am considering purchasing front and rear progressive springs from wilburusa.com and was woundering if anyone has tried them. I have run progressive springs on other bikes and was very happy. This type of support network was unavailable at the time so I made my decision in the dark. As I change the springs I will be refilling the forks and would like recommendations on forkoil weight. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I have Hyperpro progressive springs in the CBR600F4i forks on my 919. I can't be sure right now what strength spring I have, but I found that I needed to set the pre-load kind of soft to allow more travel for comfort.
In other words, It seems I need to let the soft portion of the spring do it's thing for them to function properly.

I plan to die young, as late as possible.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-23-2015, 02:04 AM
Tirone

Garage
HyperPro rear spring - progressive

I have 919 only recently. As I was used to more sporty undercarriage, I look for some improvement on that area. I didn’t want to go Pro with replacing whole shock. After some searc online, Ive decided to go with progressive HyperPro front and rear springs package for 195€(shipping incl.)
With original shock on, on faster curves I tend to bump trough rear shock, especially if I had a passenger. I could feel that compression is to soft (nothing I could do about it), and spring as well.
Rear spring was installed with help of my buddy, and its not that easy. As is winter time here, I made only one test ride with original rebound settings and spring on 3rd step (original spring set was on hardest step 7). Static sag was measured 1,5cm – still to much according to Hyperpro manual (0,8 – 1cm), but I felt immediately that ride was improved. I didn’t bump trough rear shock any more, comfort was also not compromised. I took same road for test.
I will left front end as it is, for now; front is not bothering me so much. It is soft, but compression and rebound are doung their job for now. I will replace fork springs after I run few hundred kilometres.
Hornet really rocks

post #4 of 6 Old 02-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Milites Gregarius

I hope to install Hyper pro springs and shock next weekend. Will give some feedback.

Maloney67
"it's easier to ask forgiveness
than it is to get permission"
post #5 of 6 Old 03-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Milites Gregarius

I have posted this update in my Hyper Pro thread Mechanical and Technical.

Maloney67
"it's easier to ask forgiveness
than it is to get permission"
post #6 of 6 Old 05-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Tirone

Garage
Update after I have run few hundred kilometres with new Hyperpro spring.

I bought 919 with 15Tkm, with presume that shock should be still ok with that mileage on. I guess I was wrong? – I don’t know how new 919 rear shock should feel? Pretty soft, semi soft?

My goal with rep. shocks spring, was to stiffen the rear end of 919, not as far as RR style, but just a little harder than original; to still retain tour comfortness.

For solo riding, replacing just spring is ‘enough’. You can enjoy sporty ride. Guy with 70kg will not bump trough compression phase so easily, and rebound (fully closed) will stop fluctuation on high speed (>150kmh) wavy corner.
Riding with passenger on the other hand, needs harder compression and rebound than original shock can provide.Only harder spring wont't do it.

For guys descending from sport bikes, with lasting sport desires (and budget issues) – go for fully adjustable Wilbers or similar product + buy your self some wind protection

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode