First off I'd like to thank all members of WT for giving me their insight and suggestions on my newly purchased Rizoma Sportline Grips. Rizoma makea top quality products and their quality is worth every penny. The grips are excellent and after putting a little over 160 miles, I can say they feel great and the throttle response is absolutely astounding.
This installation for the grips is very straight forward and if you have the FSM, you can find the instructions on pages 13-2 - 13-9. For all those that do not have a copy of the manual, I will extract these pages and post them when I go to work tomorrow. Also I'd like to apologize for the limited pics, batteries ran out and I didn't have any extras.
Metric Allen Wrenches
8mm Socket or Combination Wrench
14mm Open End Wrench
Phillips Screw Driver
Needle Nose Pliers
Install time: 1.5 HR
Installation Difficulty: 2/5
1. Use Allen Wrench to remove grip end from both handlebars:
2. Remove both mirrors, disconnect both wires for brakes and use 8mm Socket or Wrench to remove bolts that hold the Master Cylinder:
3. Use Phillips Screwdriver to remove both screws located underneath switch/throttle housing:
4. Use 14mm Open End Wrench to loosen throttle cable:
5. Open throttle housing and remove both throttle cables w/ needle nose pliers. (it is a little tough but possible)
This is where my camera batteries died and I wasn't able to take more pics
6. The throttle pipe came off fairly easily. Repeat the same steps with the left handlebar.