how to get rid of stink exhaust smell? - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes

post #1 of 48 Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Giovanni_919

how to get rid of stink exhaust smell?

my 9er is my only transportation right now, and that stink smell really upset me a lot.. I'd hate my classmates or friends have to smell that too.

I know some said that pc3 would reduce some, and some said the sato pipes would help a lot.. I'm not looking for more hp or smoother throttle response but just try to get rid of that exhaust smell..

is there something else I can do to get rid of that stinky exhaust smell??! if pc3 and sato both does reduce it, which one would do the best?!

any input would appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 PM
DropBear 9

This issue has been raised on numerous occasions..

It seems the overal concensus is a choice of different cans, a whole different exhaust system (single sided down low can instead of up under seat cans), the addition of a PCIII or just learning to deal with it..
In that order!

I might add that you at least try different fuel? A lower or higher octane that what you're using. It's not a quality thing either.
I know first hand that some fuel seems to generate more stink than others.
No idea why that should be so, but worth trying as it don't cost anything to experiment!
Just a suggestion.

I have to say though, that I've never noticed any such stink from mine..
Maybe my sense of smell has just become immune to "the smell of the road" after 25 years of riding. Cheers mate!

post #3 of 48 Old 09-07-2006, 10:01 PM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropBear 9 View Post
This issue has been raised on numerous occasions..

I might add that you at least try different fuel? A lower or higher octane that what you're using. It's not a quality thing either.
I know first hand that some fuel seems to generate more stink than others.
No idea why that should be so, but worth trying as it don't cost anything to experiment!
Just a suggestion.

I have to say though, that I've never noticed any such stink from mine..
Maybe my sense of smell has just become immune to "the smell of the road" after 25 years of riding. Cheers mate!
I would def try experimenting with the fuel. Maybe even throw a third to a half a bottle of octane booster in the tank when you fill it. The only time I get a stinky exhaust smell is when I change the oil and a little bit drips on the pipes. Which brings up another possibility. Could anything be leaking onto your exhaust sys?

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #4 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni_919 View Post
my 9er is my only transportation right now, and that stink smell really upset me a lot.. I'd hate my classmates or friends have to smell that too.

I know some said that pc3 would reduce some, and some said the sato pipes would help a lot.. I'm not looking for more hp or smoother throttle response but just try to get rid of that exhaust smell..

is there something else I can do to get rid of that stinky exhaust smell??! if pc3 and sato both does reduce it, which one would do the best?!

any input would appreciated!!
Try something like this:

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #5 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 02:00 AM

900rr header with a hindle slip on.

single side exit.

100% fixed...

I have considered going that route but I hate to give up the look of the dual highmounts...

post #6 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 03:50 AM

Erion slip ons have extended tips. Works nicely at removing the exhuast smell.

post #7 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

I just read on the Yahoo 919 Group that the stink is caused by the secondary air supply and the lack of a catalytic converter.

Re: exhaust vapors

You're absolutely right about the cat. It does 90-95% get rid of the stink, while giving an apparent feeling of more mid-range and somewhat less jerky throttle action. The problem is that if Honda doesn't choose to do it (they do these days in the British market), it's an expensive cure, as Honda gave me a different ECU to go with the cat when they put one on my bike to fix the stink. They said that it was essential to do both.

I've now got a lovely new R1 with high level exhausts (Janet's 2006 R1), and very nice it is too, but it does have a cat, so it shouldn't make my clothes stink, touch wood!

Janet

I think I figured out why there is so much vapor coming out of our pipes.

The exhaust emission control system consists of a secondary air supply system which introduces filtered air into the exhaust gases in the exhaust port. Fresh air is drawn into the exhaust port whenever there is a negative pressure pulse in the exhaust system. This charge of fresh air promotes burning of the unburned exhaust gases and changes a considerable amount of hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide into relatively harmless carbon dioxide and water vapor.

I found this when I was reading up on the RC51 but I cant imagion that it doesnt apply to our 919's as well.

--- In [email protected], "mad_hunter_gamer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> One of my personal pet peeves with doing this type of emissions
> control system is that you never get full oxidation of unburned
> hydrocarbons. This was a bad, cheap band-aid that Honda did to
> lower to HC output. I'm not sure the test method they used to
> measure but my guess is that it wasn't very good. IMO just use a
> cat, lose the one hp up top that no one will ever notice and you'll
> still have your nice mid-range and NO STINK.

post #8 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Hornet Grandpa!

givanni_919, I'm going to wade in here because I had the same concerns. I perused the many threads on the old forum and with my own experience with my '04 919 came up with the following statements (I believe facts).

1. The ability to detect and accept exhaust smell runs the same bell curve through the population of owners as most other things. Some are very bothered by it, some realize it is there but don't feel like doing anything about it, and some can't detect it.

2. It is generally caused by the position, length, and attitude of the exhaust openings dumping exhaust near to the rear portion of the "vacuum" created by the rider's body and the bike itself. The exhaust is pulled in behind the rider (worse for a passenger) where it stinks up ones clothing.

3. Many things have been tried to alleviate the condition. All the attempts including changing brands of gasoline, additives, brands of oil, adding a PCIII, etc. make small changes to the equation but almost never has it "stopped" the condition entirely.

4. The only "sure cure" is to redirect the exhaust stream. Some have found success with the stock system by adding extensions to the mufflers -- most have a negative impact on asthetics as they look like they were borrowed from a Peterbilt. These have the ability to move the exhaust stream farther rearward, hopefully behind the vacuum, and to possibly direct it outward, to the sides, rather than directly to the rear, or worse, to the centerline of the bike.

Now, some are going to react by calling you a wimp using words like "get used to it" and "deal with it". These guys, smelling they way they do, will never work in my job. Some of these have realized the stink exists but have no power to effect it so they bluster their opinion since they are powerless to change it. They are not willing to sacrifice the asthetics of their mount to solve the problem. There are a few who truly like it! Then there are a few like you and I who will not tolerate it.

I not only could smell it on my clothes, I could actually smell it sometimes through my helmet while I was riding! I was not willing to intake any more carbon monoxide than I already had accepted just by riding a motorcycle!

I made the only ebay purchases of my life and bought a used '95 CBR900RR header and a Wileyco carbon fiber can and mounted them. Problem solved. I sacrificed the more asthetically pleasing (to some) high mount duel cans to the older (yet still appearing on many bikes even for 2007!) single side mount. One thing I found I like about the CBR header are the curves of the individual pipes coming out of the engine block. I never like the stock pipes with their "rain gutter drain pipe" look.

I spent less than $200 for the whole changeover. If you buy the system new from Honda, it will run you well over $1000. I had the header sandblasted to remove dirt, rust, old finish, etc. then painted it myself with a can of high temperature paint from Walmart -- two coats, and it cured nicely, is easy to clean and the black color looks good to me.

I'm not advocating you follow my lead here. Do what you want. ...but it solves the problem decisively and without further experimentation. It is certainly reversable since I kept all the old exhaust parts.

Good luck to you and let us know how it comes out.

post #9 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Giovanni_919

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudarra View Post
Erion slip ons have extended tips. Works nicely at removing the exhuast smell.

just wondering if the pipes do the job or the "extended tips"??

post #10 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 08:47 AM

Quote:
just wondering if the pipes do the job or the "extended tips"??
I would venture to say the tips, since there is nothing special about the pipes. Just simple slipons like any Sato or etc.

post #11 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
I'm with support_six on this one. I switched to a 97 900RR exhaust w/ Yosh CF slip-on. The entire system weighs only 17 lbs. (compare to the stock 919 system's weight of 40lbs!), provides a gain in HP with very little midrange sacrifice, and got rid of the smell. The only complaint I had was a stumble at around 3000 rpm that was fixed with the PC3.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #12 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Hornet Grandpa!

Yes, I forgot about the weight savings. It allowed me to add another 20 lbs to my girth! (mine, not the bikes!). I added the PCIII near the same time so never noticed a stumble at any RPM. I'm sure if there was one, the PCIII and the selected map took care of that.

I was not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on various high mount replacement cans, with or without different extensions, in hopes the problem would be lessened or go away. The worst case for me was that after buying $800 worth of Sato's or something else, the stink would be "half" cured. Not good enough for the cost. I eliminated the "perscription drug" approach and went right to surgery.

post #13 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

I was going to keep quiet on this thread, it keeps coming up over and over again. Some stink, some don't, the only sure way to eliminate the problem, that is if you have a stink problem is to get a set of rr headers and a low can.

That said: One of the selling points that lured me to the 919 was the dual high mount cans. Change them and what do you have? Another generic looking naked Japanese motorcycle!

post #14 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51142 View Post
That said: One of the selling points that lured me to the 919 was the dual high mount cans. Change them and what do you have? Another generic looking naked Japanese motorcycle!

+1 here Mike. The back of my jacket smeels like exhaust even though I'm running Gen 2 Satos with the longer tips and PC3. But dammit I have to fall into the category of those that just tolerate it because I LOVE the look of the dual high mount exhaust. It was one of the features that caught my eye back in '02 when I saw the first 919.

Glad you weighed in this time, Mike. I've never read where you've mentioned it regarding your 919. As you have the same setup as me (and several others), do you have it also and if so is it strong?

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
post #15 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbike View Post
+1 here Mike. The back of my jacket smeels like exhaust even though I'm running Gen 2 Satos with the longer tips and PC3. But dammit I have to fall into the category of those that just tolerate it because I LOVE the look of the dual high mount exhaust. It was one of the features that caught my eye back in '02 when I saw the first 919.

Glad you weighed in this time, Mike. I've never read where you've mentioned it regarding your 919. As you have the same setup as me (and several others), do you have it also and if so is it strong?
There are (3) 919's in our group and no one has the dreaded stink.
Very strange!!!

post #16 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Giovanni_919

Quote:
Originally Posted by support_six View Post
givanni_919, I'm going to wade in here because I had the same concerns. I perused the many threads on the old forum and with my own experience with my '04 919 came up with the following statements (I believe facts).

1. The ability to detect and accept exhaust smell runs the same bell curve through the population of owners as most other things. Some are very bothered by it, some realize it is there but don't feel like doing anything about it, and some can't detect it.

2. It is generally caused by the position, length, and attitude of the exhaust openings dumping exhaust near to the rear portion of the "vacuum" created by the rider's body and the bike itself. The exhaust is pulled in behind the rider (worse for a passenger) where it stinks up ones clothing.

3. Many things have been tried to alleviate the condition. All the attempts including changing brands of gasoline, additives, brands of oil, adding a PCIII, etc. make small changes to the equation but almost never has it "stopped" the condition entirely.

4. The only "sure cure" is to redirect the exhaust stream. Some have found success with the stock system by adding extensions to the mufflers -- most have a negative impact on asthetics as they look like they were borrowed from a Peterbilt. These have the ability to move the exhaust stream farther rearward, hopefully behind the vacuum, and to possibly direct it outward, to the sides, rather than directly to the rear, or worse, to the centerline of the bike.

Now, some are going to react by calling you a wimp using words like "get used to it" and "deal with it". These guys, smelling they way they do, will never work in my job. Some of these have realized the stink exists but have no power to effect it so they bluster their opinion since they are powerless to change it. They are not willing to sacrifice the asthetics of their mount to solve the problem. There are a few who truly like it! Then there are a few like you and I who will not tolerate it.

I not only could smell it on my clothes, I could actually smell it sometimes through my helmet while I was riding! I was not willing to intake any more carbon monoxide than I already had accepted just by riding a motorcycle!

I made the only ebay purchases of my life and bought a used '95 CBR900RR header and a Wileyco carbon fiber can and mounted them. Problem solved. I sacrificed the more asthetically pleasing (to some) high mount duel cans to the older (yet still appearing on many bikes even for 2007!) single side mount. One thing I found I like about the CBR header are the curves of the individual pipes coming out of the engine block. I never like the stock pipes with their "rain gutter drain pipe" look.

I spent less than $200 for the whole changeover. If you buy the system new from Honda, it will run you well over $1000. I had the header sandblasted to remove dirt, rust, old finish, etc. then painted it myself with a can of high temperature paint from Walmart -- two coats, and it cured nicely, is easy to clean and the black color looks good to me.

I'm not advocating you follow my lead here. Do what you want. ...but it solves the problem decisively and without further experimentation. It is certainly reversable since I kept all the old exhaust parts.

Good luck to you and let us know how it comes out.
thx for the nice input! I will need to think twice about this route as I also really like the high due pipe looks.

post #17 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Giovanni_919

Quote:
Very strange!!!
mike, are they all runing 87 octane? stock pipes?

post #18 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
mike, are they all runing 87 octane? stock pipes?
All running reg. gas 87 octane. '04 stock cans, '02 T-Bros., and mine (see above photo) Sato's.

post #19 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Very strange!!!
They stink. Your sense of smell was destroyed by living close to Joisey.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #20 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
They stink. Your sense of smell was destroyed by living close to Joisey.
I know there was a technical reason, plus ratdog has infected us CT riders.

post #21 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

[QUOTE=MotoCycho;40819]Try something like this:

MotoCycho,

Of all the stock can add-ons, this is by far the most professional look I've seen. Can you give us the details of what parts, where you got them, and how you did this mod. I might actually follow your lead on this one.

Thanks.

Ranger919er

Terrorism is a disease. Rangers are the cure.
post #22 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
I was going to keep quiet on this thread, it keeps coming up over and over again. Some stink, some don't, the only sure way to eliminate the problem, that is if you have a stink problem is to get a set of rr headers and a low can.

+1 I love the look of the high mount but it does stink pretty bad! Is there anyway that 93 octane would make it better??

post #23 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcombs View Post
+1 I love the look of the high mount but it does stink pretty bad! Is there anyway that 93 octane would make it better??
Nope

post #24 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcombs View Post
Actually it will be worse. Your wallet will be flatter, thus creating less drag and the stink will not be directed away as well.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #25 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Actually it will be worse. Your wallet will be flatter, thus creating less drag and the stink will not be directed away as well.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #26 of 48 Old 09-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

OK.. stop!

1. My non-California 2003 Honda 919 has catalytic converters.

2. The reason some have the stink and some don't rests on many factors. Rider size and position. Speed and distance travelled.. and in my experience so far with the 919 the humidity plays the biggest factor. It seems like on days when the humidity is higher, the stink sticks harder. Especially cool Autumn evenings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger919er View Post

MotoCycho,

Of all the stock can add-ons, this is by far the most professional look I've seen. Can you give us the details of what parts, where you got them, and how you did this mod. I might actually follow your lead on this one.

Thanks.
Thanks man.

Actually, it was cheap cheap cheap. Chrome slash tips are from Autozone. I did a complete write up about it back on MotoRush and I think Ratdog was going to put that part on his Project page under the Bafflectomy section? Ratdog? I don't have the time now to go into details. Here is a link to all the PICS.
I can give more details later.

Thanks,

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #27 of 48 Old 09-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

End Cap Extenstion Howto

soon to be updated list of 919 howto's (need to add adam's stuff, cycho's stuff, and a few others that have accumulated over the last 12mos)

also, my 2002 can be smelly w/ the stock ECU map, stock exhaust and my fat ass riding...vortex, ratdog-style

howsomever; w/ a mapped pc3usb, fat y pipe and moriwaki cans (mori cans are longer, the y pipe also pushes them back a bit...effectively creating an effect similar to the end cap extenstion mod, only further off the tail and split wide a bit)

anywho, w/ those changes, the smell is reduced significantly and retains the twin high pipe setup that floats my aesthetic boat

post #28 of 48 Old 09-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Love Machine

I have a 900rr exhaust if anyone is interested....

98 900rr header with a Jardine muffler.

make an offer....It gets rid of stink 100%. I took it off cause i wanted satos....

Awarble,
07 Honda CBR600RR
My Site
post #29 of 48 Old 09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
DropBear 9

Quote:

+1 again..
I'm running 91 octane, we have no stinking CATs in our pipes here in OZ, and not one person has ever mentioned any smell.. I've even specifically asked pillions to keep a nose out for it. Nada..
Oh and my bike is fully stock as far as pipes and management systems go..

Otherwise I'm with support-six as well on the pipe change being the only real effective way of curing the problem if you have it.

post #30 of 48 Old 03-17-2008, 11:03 AM

I have a CHEAP solution especially if you are riding/having the problem in cooler weather, much lower than 86 degrees F air temperature. disconnect the intake air temperature sensor & simply plug in a small 1000 ohm resistor which makes the computer believe the air temperature is 86 or so. This leans out the mix somewhat. Don't use resistance much lower than 1000 ohms. Wrap the connector/resistor in plastic or tape to prevent shorts & water issues. Readjust your idle speed & use your choke when cold starting.

I've only been running this way for one tankful & have not made up my mind about it yet, but so far so good.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

post #31 of 48 Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendog29 View Post
I have a CHEAP solution especially if you are riding/having the problem in cooler weather, much lower than 86 degrees F air temperature. disconnect the intake air temperature sensor & simply plug in a small 1000 ohm resistor which makes the computer believe the air temperature is 86 or so. This leans out the mix somewhat. Don't use resistance much lower than 1000 ohms. Wrap the connector/resistor in plastic or tape to prevent shorts & water issues. Readjust your idle speed & use your choke when cold starting.

I've only been running this way for one tankful & have not made up my mind about it yet, but so far so good.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1
Nice bypass ! From where such in-depth knowledge of temperature sensor resistance readings ? I thought they are thermocouple-based ..

post #32 of 48 Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Work Hard, Ride Home.

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I've heard from numerous folks that running Chevron is the best choice. I've used their fuel since purchasing my 919 last November and have only noticed a slight smell on occasion. It should also be noted that Shell gasoline in other carbed bikes caused the entire garage and house to smell like fuel. Most local mechanic folks in Portland consider Shell to be rough in bikes. Apparently the smell is due to additives in the fuel...

Anyone else have insight concerning Shell additives???

post #33 of 48 Old 03-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Lethal with Whiffle-Bats

I'm amazed that not a single person mentioned that fuel additive stuff in any of the "stink" threads ...It makes the exhaust smell like strawberries or bananas or whatever... ROFL.. yes... they actually do make it... you'll still stink,, but at least it will be a pleasant stink... hehehe

post #34 of 48 Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 PM

The knowledge is from a few years working on diesel trucks & heavy equipment, electronics 101, the 919 service manual, the internet, my multimeter & experimenting on my own 919. This sensor electrically speaking is simply a resistor that varies inversely with temperature. The real trick is figuring out how the ECU will respond & is responding. Service manuals don't tell you that directly but, you can infer some of it by reading the troubleshooting, specification & inspection sections.

For those to accept the idea that the smell is from rich running,

It's my gut feeling is that most of the smell problem comes between the time you get on & the time the engine warms up fully & especially before the temp gauge starts moving at all. Until the coolant temp sensor is sensing some heat & the gauge needle gets off it's stop, it's running FULL rich for cold starting. You've all probably noticed how even when it's freezing, it always starts & idles without using the "choke". That's because the coolant temp sensor does most of the enriching anyway. Try to start it on a COLD morning with the temp sensor unplugged if you don't believe me.

I think it's more of a cold weather problem because that warm up time for the sensor to show some heat becomes much longer than a reasonable person is waiting to get on the bike. I personally can ride several minutes on a freezing winter evening before the gauge moves at all. This is likely the real reason we have winter blend conspiracy theories & repeated references to cold weather with the smell on wristtwisters.

When all else fails, read & obey the owner's manual.

"When the needle moves above the C (cold mark), the engine is warm enough to start riding." (page 16, 04' Honda 919 Owner's Manual)

Before doing my sensor mod I noticed that in the cold I can usually see my exhaust until the bike warms up ALL the way. Kind of how you see the exhaust when you use the choke on a carbureted bike & how it usually goes away shortly after you turn the choke off. With my air temp sensor mod I think the exhaust disappears much sooner in the warm up cycle. Like less than 50&#37; to the operating temp mark. It's subjective but, I feel it's helping & am going to keep it in place since it's almost never hot in San Francisco.

With summer upon us & most people enjoying warmer summers than I do, I bet the interest in this thread will be diminished greatly for several months.

post #35 of 48 Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I am so lucky, my 919 don't make me stink and I LOVE the throttle.

post #36 of 48 Old 04-12-2008, 12:47 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

As most have found, Satos and a PCIII solved it for me. Satos extend the exhaust outlets just enough and the PCIII leans it out. Also run Shell V-Power, on which most don't agree.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Satos.jpg (402.2 KB, 13 views)

post #37 of 48 Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Veteran Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
Try something like this:

Wow much cleaner than mine.(I think that has to do with me not washing mine LOL)

I took bike and all to a local shop and had them expand/strech the end so it is a tight press fit no rivet/screw at bottom needed.

I need to redo mine ,At this point it would be easier than tring to clean it up!

post #38 of 48 Old 04-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Veteran Donation 

Oh mine didn't help with the stink.

But I didn't smell it anyway..she did.

post #39 of 48 Old 04-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
Try something like this:

MotoCycho - that is beautiful!
-- I would like to know how to build this for myself.... Does anyone have a working write-up? I cannot get the links above to resolve....

post #40 of 48 Old 04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Welcome To Wristtwisters, Tripleoats. Sadly, you have resurrected a thread that is a couple years old...with luck, someone may have the info your looking for....

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode