Honda CB900F 919 Dual Sport - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 10-11-2008, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Honda CB900F 919 Dual Sport

After a little off-road stint on the 919 yesterday, I think it could be a feasible dual sport machine.

A farmer ran me off the road on my favorite back way home. I was in the middle of a long left sweeper running about 50 MPH when from behind the hill I see a Chevy 1500 pulling a small piece of farm equipment in the middle of the road. I stood it up and slowed down to get around him, but more of his truck and 'trailer' where on my side of the road than on his own. I was in my lane the entire turn but was forced to the far right side. Let me put it this way. My options where 1) keep the tires on the asphalt, lean into the corner and smack my head against his front bumper, or 2) take her off road.

Someone with a really nice yard now has a squiggly dead streak through it where I was trying to slow it down. Gladly I didn't lay it down, but I will say all those years of dirt bike riding paid off. Who knew street bikes ride like they are on snot in grass at probably about 35 MPH?

Somehow I managed to ramp over the ditch, miss a big hedge of bushes, and stop before a second hedge of bushes. I had to ride back through the persons yard to their driveway just to get back on the road. I was so mad that I chased this guy down and was ready to kick in his driver door with my steel toes. Oh yeah...he didn't even slow down or stop to see if I was okay, and neither did the guy following him pulling a hay wagon.

Oh well...live and learn. When I pulled up next to him and started yelling he looked at me and had to be about 80 years old. I guess he forgot he wasn't driving his semi with a 45 ft trailer. Up yours old farmer fart. You could have killed me without knowing or caring!

Anyway...just thought you guys might be interested in making a dual sport out of this incredibly versatile machine.

Press Any Key To Continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-11-2008, 06:35 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

That SOB has probably been driving that same way since he was a boy. You most likely did the right thing by letting him know what he did then letting it go BUT, it sure would of made you feel better by dragging both men out of their trucks and beating hell outa them.
You are a good man for holding your temper and at least you know how you'll respond in the next emergency situation.
Always gotta keep an eyeball out for them really older folks cause they most likely don't see you with their failing vision and their minds are jumbled with whatever the hell it is they're thinking about.
I know most of us will be there eventually.

JDubya
Harleyville, South Carolina
USA
post #3 of 10 Old 10-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

send him the receipt for having your underwear and pants cleaned...... (really glad your ok... poop stains aside)

post #4 of 10 Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Fat guy on a little bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
Up yours old farmer fart.
LOL........ I hate those pucker moments when the unexpected pops out in front of you!

I am however loving this 919 dual sport way of thinking.............

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15416

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=cb900f

post #5 of 10 Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

glad your alright. you should consider avoiding crazies.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #6 of 10 Old 10-12-2008, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
glad your alright. you should consider avoiding crazies.
I looked on eBay for a Crazy detector, but all I found were Radar Detectors and GayDar. Right...

I know one day I'll be an 'Old Fart' but just can't imagine ever getting to that level of obliviousness. I'm a person who really prides myself by seeing everything and not missing any details (kinda a requirement to being a network administrator). I told my wife that if I ever get that crazy to just shoot me and roll me into the ditch...or at least take my keys away and trash my truck.

post #7 of 10 Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

just found this link. All the talk about rear brakes made me think about off-roading.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ry=xrf900&aq=f

post #8 of 10 Old 02-19-2009, 09:55 AM
So, Satan's our mascot?

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Byrdman, how's that project coming along?

And props for living, cmurphy!

post #9 of 10 Old 02-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I grew up riding dirtbikes and streetbikes in that area. The closest incident I've had in my life was topping a hill on US60 to find a tractor and haytrailer parked right in the middle of the road not running. Belonged to a sheriff in Daviess County. He had gone up to a house to talk with somebody and just left his tractor in the road.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #10 of 10 Old 02-19-2009, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
I grew up riding dirtbikes and streetbikes in that area. The closest incident I've had in my life was topping a hill on US60 to find a tractor and haytrailer parked right in the middle of the road not running. Belonged to a sheriff in Daviess County. He had gone up to a house to talk with somebody and just left his tractor in the road.
That sounds about par for the course. Speaking of close calls...I'm really getting a kick out of watching the Tail of Dragon videos talking about how the police pull over tons of bikers but ignore the cars and trucks crossing the double yellow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode