Honda 919 racing handlebar help - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Honda 919 racing handlebar help

I am new to this forum but I was hoping that somebody could give me some suggestions for Honda 919 racing handlebars. I have a 2002 and I would like some more aggressive handlebars. Suburban-machinery.com has some that look nice for $150 but I was hoping that there might be somebody out there with first hand experience to let me know if they are worth checking out. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda Addict

Renthal makes some good bars for the 919 that are half the price of the Suburbans you mentioned. Try DennisKirk.com and search for Renthal Road bars. I have the Renthal High Road bars which are pretty much the same height as stock only wider. The Renthal Low or Ultra Low Road bars are popular choices.

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Did you look at the Helpful Topics for new 919 owners: posted in the Naked Bike forum? All the specifications for handle bars are linked there.
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1209

Welcome aboard...

post #4 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 05:36 PM
kevin919

Razor... so those renthal high bars are the same height, how much wider are they than the stock bars? thank kevin

post #5 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin919
Razor... so those renthal high bars are the same height, how much wider are they than the stock bars? thank kevin
Renthal dimensions

post #6 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Honda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin919
In general terms, probably a couple of inches on either side. If you're a wide guy (like me) or just want your hands further apart give 'em a try.
And they reduce the vibes a lot!

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 07:10 PM

Just got my first ride with the Suburban Machinery bars today, and the ride position is perfect for me. I am 6'2" and the stock setup was a bit tight, so these were ideal, racing or not. (which for me... NOT)

I wouldn't know what the racing benefit would be with these, but first I don't think that racing a 919 would get you too far, but second I do notice more immediate lean into my cornering, it is easier to bank the bike hard now and really take some corners more aggressively, with more speed.

Hope that might help.

post #8 of 12 Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks for your replys. Your comments were very helpful. I will check that stuff out.

post #9 of 12 Old 06-07-2006, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

This is very helpful. I think that I am very interested in the suburban machinery handlebars. I do not plan to race either, I just like being lower on the bike.
Do you notice the extra width much? I know that they are an inch wider and I do not want my handlebars to be too wide because that might make lanesplitting harder. Some people recommend the Renthal bars but, after checking them out, I think that they are way to wide. Let me know what you think. thanks.

post #10 of 12 Old 06-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Immune

I have Renthals ultra low. Love them now, took little bit to get use to them but once I did they are great.

Dragon Slayer! Only been bit once!
05' 919
MODS: PCIII, Renthal Low Bars, Pazzo black gold short levers!, Honda smoke flyscreen, did have Sato Sliders till they broke left side motor mount.
www.blood-sport.org My new Web site. Started a 919, 599, and Hornet forum if you want to post!
Online Computer Parts Store @ BESComputers!
post #11 of 12 Old 06-07-2006, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stergis
This is very helpful. I think that I am very interested in the suburban machinery handlebars. I do not plan to race either, I just like being lower on the bike.
Do you notice the extra width much? I know that they are an inch wider and I do not want my handlebars to be too wide because that might make lanesplitting harder. Some people recommend the Renthal bars but, after checking them out, I think that they are way to wide. Let me know what you think. thanks.
The width of the bars does very good things for the handling of the bike. Especially if you do alot of city riding, it gives you leverage for all the corners, etc. I wouldn't worry about lanesplitting, the bike itself is wide and unless you have bar end mirrors that stick our past the end of the bars, your knees will probably be almost as wide around that inline 4 as the bars.

Anyway, I highly recommend them. They are custom designed for the 919 so there are no tank clearance issues, and as I said the new position is just right, well balanced.

post #12 of 12 Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 AM
jwill123

Man, I love this forum stuff. I was looking at handlebars too, I think I'll check out the Renthal low. Ultra may be too much (got away from a crotch-rocket) and the suburbans sound good. I'm 5'8'', so I need something better than stock, but not back to my old gixxer lean. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode