Honda 919 Black Dragon exhaust setup... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Honda 919 Black Dragon exhaust setup...

Hello all!

I have a 2004 Honda 919 and am in the process of installing a '97 stainless CBR900RR header and ordering a short Black Dragon can. I have seen that a few members have done this, and I have a few questions.

I saw a YouTube video wherein a guy said that he had a bracket fabricated to mount the CBR's header to the center stand mount - does anyone have any specs or information on such a bracket? It would be nice not to have to mount the can to the passenger footpeg.

Also, how is the can fit to the header? The same YouTube guy said that he "compression fit" the can, but didn't really go into and detail. Does anyone have any idea what this means or how to do it?

Lastly, does anyone know where I might be able to find a PCIII map for the CBR header, Black Dragon GP can, and possibly a K&N filter (I haven't decided yet whether to use one or not though I already have it)? For altitude, I live in Philadelphia, PA and am mostly just about at sea level. I'm just trying to save a little money here, as the cheapest custom map I'll be able to get will be around $300.

Sorry if some of these questions seem a little basic, but I'm just trying to understand as many details as possible so as to get the job done right the first time - any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I did the 900RR, but not with the black dragon can. As far as the centerstand mount, the bracket that was already on the header lined up. I did have to drill a new hole in the bracket though.

post #3 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 06:40 AM
CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphilly76 View Post
Hello all!

I have a 2004 Honda 919 and am in the process of installing a '97 stainless CBR900RR header and ordering a short Black Dragon can. I have seen that a few members have done this, and I have a few questions.

I saw a YouTube video wherein a guy said that he had a bracket fabricated to mount the CBR's header to the center stand mount - does anyone have any specs or information on such a bracket? It would be nice not to have to mount the can to the passenger footpeg.

Also, how is the can fit to the header? The same YouTube guy said that he "compression fit" the can, but didn't really go into and detail. Does anyone have any idea what this means or how to do it?

Lastly, does anyone know where I might be able to find a PCIII map for the CBR header, Black Dragon GP can, and possibly a K&N filter (I haven't decided yet whether to use one or not though I already have it)? For altitude, I live in Philadelphia, PA and am mostly just about at sea level. I'm just trying to save a little money here, as the cheapest custom map I'll be able to get will be around $300.

Sorry if some of these questions seem a little basic, but I'm just trying to understand as many details as possible so as to get the job done right the first time - any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I'm pretty Ripper (WT member ) is the guy who did the video you saw. I actually have his header but have not installed it yet. His map is floating around here somewhere but I actually plan to have my bike tuned and have a new map built for it. Conditions when Ripper had his bike tuned were not ideal (super hot). If I get a map done, I'll share it.

I really need to get moving on this.

I'm sure Ripper can answer any other questions you might have.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Mr. Twill

I would like to thank you Justin and if i can help please ask

was looking for the year 900rr header i need to look at?

post #5 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 
Total Awards: 2

You all squared away on the steps for this? It was a pleasure speaking with you BTW, Sorry for my ADD half listing conversation. Anyone who knows me knows that just par for the course!!!

post #6 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Mr. Twill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
You all squared away on the steps for this? It was a pleasure speaking with you BTW, Sorry for my ADD half listing conversation. Anyone who knows me knows that just par for the course!!!
not 100% and i am anything but Par meself LOL

what are rules for vendors here and can you use sites in your sigs?
post #7 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
not 100% and i am anything but Par meself LOL

what are rules for vendors here and can you use sites in your sigs?
Mark, good to see you around here. Give me a call sometime and we'll shoot the chit!

post #8 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Mr. Twill

will do man, good to see the bike survived the accident
post #9 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
will do man, good to see the bike survived the accident
Survived and pawned off! I've moved onto a 25th anniversary VFR, we may need to talk about some exhaust for it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode