Home-made Tail-light integrator 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Home-made Tail-light integrator 919

I know someone has probably thought of this before, but I was thinking about a fender eliminator kit and my wife said I could have 20 bucks to spend. That meant I needed to be creative.....................
I used to work for Uhaul in highschool and remembered that some cars required a converter to hook up a trailer wiring harness. Anywho I took the rear of my bike apart, cut off most of the fender, saved the blinkers for ebay, relocated the tag with original hardware, moved the tag/light, soldered in the converter from oreilly's (12.38 w/tax) and tested it. It works, the only downfall is that you need to upgrade to heavyduty bulbs or your blinker goes hyper when you apply the brakes at the same time. I took pictures for those special people who think I'm full of crap, but I need to set up a webpage somewhere to post them.

Now I don't remember why I was telling you guys/gals about this, but I do like to type on aimlessly...............................

Anywho..........it's a cheap way to integrate your blinkers into your taillight at least until you can afford a fancy kit if you don't like it.

Does anyone out there make those led adapter bulbs to replace our factory 919 brake light bulbs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Talking

here's the finished product

post #3 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Love Machine

Glad to hear it works, but don't ever start your post with "my wife said I could have 20 bucks to spend"...

Awarble,
07 Honda CBR600RR
My Site
post #4 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Been there done that and so have many other 9er's. Click on my Mike's bikes signature for details. The Triton EL-12 electronic flasher is used to slow down the blink rate.

Save your money, don't buy the LED replacement bulbs. They will vibrate loose when plugged into our flat blade bulb sockets.

The hot setup is to buy the Clear Alternative LED combination tail light/brake light/ blinker assembly. It's the best integrated LED rear lighting available today. Check out Adam's website and you will see what I mean.

clearalternatives.com

post #5 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Cornicen

awarble, still got 2 bros stash for sale can't seem to reach you otherwise

post #6 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51142
Been there done that and so have many other 9er's. Click on my Mike's bikes signature for details. The Triton EL-12 electronic flasher is used to slow down the blink rate.

Save your money, don't buy the LED replacement bulbs. They will vibrate loose when plugged into our flat blade bulb sockets.

The hot setup is to buy the Clear Alternative LED combination tail light/brake light/ blinker assembly. It's the best integrated LED rear lighting available today. Check out Adam's website and you will see what I mean.

clearalternatives.com
It's so hard to be original when you enter the game late...........oh well
Thanks for flasher advice.........I'll try it out as soon as my trench coat gets back from the cleaners

post #7 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnrml8932
It's so hard to be original when you enter the game late...........oh well
Thanks for flasher advice.........I'll try it out as soon as my trench coat gets back from the cleaners
Don't feel bad, I'll give you get a A+ for effort.
In reality this mod. has been done over and over from as far back as 1999 with the Yamaha R1 and R6 tail lights.

post #8 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 11:37 PM

c-mon mike ... 99' ??? LOL

how bout a 1982 cb900f bol d'or I had the tailights separated with a piece of plastic cut out of a tide container epoxied between them, so it separated the light then hooked up a "integrator" that was actually for a 1993 ford ranger

worked pretty nice... no pics after the mod but I still got a pic of my tank ... long since blown up and sold for parts

gotta respect the oldskewl these things were pretty badass for their day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cb900f3.jpg (100.2 KB, 61 views)

post #9 of 10 Old 05-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Diggin' the 900f, typhoon! Ya gotta love the cafe style fairing on that guy. There's just something about the F line of CBs that I just love.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #10 of 10 Old 05-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Love Machine

Drivit, I don't have the stash sytem. All I have for sale is a 900rr exhaust header with a Jardine muffler. I put on the 900rr system because of the stink issue. Gets rid of it totally. 100 bucks or best offer to anyone who's interested. Pictures are on my website.

LED setup is pretty sweet setup. The best LED setup I've seen for use durring a sunny day. Frickin' Sweet at night.......

Awarble,
07 Honda CBR600RR
My Site

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode