Hit and run - my 919 has seen better days - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Hit and run - my 919 has seen better days

I was riding home just after midnight on Wednesday and a car pulls out from a side street right in front of me. I grabbed the brakes but there's no time to stop. I had just turned onto the main road so I was only in 2nd gear going about 25-30mph, but the impact was still pretty horrific. I hit the side of the car and did a somersault over the roof and landed on my back in the intersection. The jackass that pulled out in front of me just backed up and drove off, leaving me laying in the street!
Some witnesses got a partial description of the vehicle so I'm hoping the police find this prick.

Damage:
The bike - (pics included) - twisted forks, radiator, header, gas tank, instrument cluster, rear set, etc.

Me - (no photos!) - ruptured testicle. Nothing they could do to salvage it, they did surgery and removed it later that night.

Hit and run accidents are WAY too common lately, this sh*t has to stop!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accidentpictures08.jpeg.jpg (91.9 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg Accidentpictures09.jpeg.jpg (81.4 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Accidentpictures10.jpeg.jpg (89.4 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg Accidentpictures11.jpeg.jpg (94.0 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Accidentpictures12.jpeg.jpg (89.7 KB, 182 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Sorry to hear about it!!! I wish you a quick recovery!!!

Screw the bike, it's a loss by insurance standards. The pics are not pretty. I just thank you for not posting the testicle pics! I hope the other is tact. Again, heal quickly and with minimal pain!

post #3 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Wow, real nice asshat leaving someone laying in the road like that. Hopefully they can catch them. That's a shame about the 9er, such a pretty bike.

Glad you came through it as well as you did, and it didn't get the main tool. Buy a nut helmet for the remaining guy.

Does one ball hang in the center?

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #4 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 09:24 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Good to here that your still on this side. Eye for an eye man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After they find this Masengil and prosecute his worthless soul, give us his name and other vitals and at least I can promise from my end I'll harass the bag of stank. It is a moral imperative to rupture one of his nuts.

THe little fight emoticon should be of a boxer smashing a scrote!!!!!

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #5 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Bikeless Rider

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Wow thats really terrible. I hope you heal up and that your oher "boy" is still holdin in there. What are your plans for the 919 are you gonna get ehr fixed back up it would be a shame to put that beauty down

-Pat McG
post #6 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Sorry about your losses! Your straight on damage shows you fought a great fight! Be very grateful it wasn't a tall vehicle. I hope they catch the Perp and lock him up. When do you get your new bike?

post #7 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Really sad pictures...she looks so disfigured and spiritless. You may want to salvage any aftermarket goodies and bring her back to stock before the insurance company totals it. I bet you'd give your left nut to find that guy...er, never mind I said that. My bad

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #8 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 

glad your healing up and are able to heal up! I agree with bigdaa someone needs to his azz to put it mildly!

post #9 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Ben

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Sorry man. If you find out who the cager is, post his name and address on here. The rest will be taken care of accordingly

2 > 4
post #10 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Milites Gregarius

christ, what an a*shole! Hope the guy goes to jail! Sorry to hear about the accident, man, really hope the healing up goes ok...

post #11 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 

Man.... What a fuc*ed up thing to have happen! I'm very happy to hear that you are in good shape.
Your bike was sweet too.
We need to find a way to put the crap out there that does that sort of thing away for years!
Many,many years!
I bet the head was drunk!
I'm SO pissed now!

post #12 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Well that pretty much blows. I hope they put the stupid bastard in a dark hole for a few years with Bubba. Shower time should teach him not to hit and run anymore.

Hope you heal up fast. Keep us posted on your progress and the bike's status.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #13 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Man! I am simply mortified by your tale. What kind of low life scum drives off after something like this? Everyone makes mistakes driving, real men stick around and take responsibility for mistakes that cause damage to others. I am just so pissed off right now. Hopefully some of these light hearted witty comments have cheered you up? I know I laughed a few time there a minute ago but I just cant think of anything funny to say.. I just keep thinking about what I would do to the effers knees with bat. Get well soon, find that d!ck head and get a huge chunk of his money. What kind of car was it? New old? Was it a man or a women driving? Most women would have stopped.. I don't know? Unreal!

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #14 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I hope they find that fu*ker and lock him up for a long time. Get well soon.

post #15 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Me, thas who.

Awards Showcase
BOTM 

Damn man, I hope you find this guy. I wish people like that would get what they deserve, in this guy's case you give him the same damage your body received. Good luck and keep us posted on any progress. I am pissed off.

post #16 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Good to hear you came out mildly unscathed. Bikes can be replaced, its a bit harder replacing the rider. Count your blessings (all one of them), hold them (it) tightly, and don't let it follow the same path. Heal up and ride again.

post #17 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 07:39 PM

This pisses me off too, alot, but
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpirman View Post
I wish people like that would get what they deserve,
in the end everyone always gets what they deserve. I hope that makes you feel a bit better mdtoney.

post #18 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 PM

The guy will get what he ****ing deserves eventually.

In the meantime, the guy's life is his own punishment. People that do things like that walk around in a shell of an existence that's as close to hell as we can get on this earth.

If you find him, bankrupt his ass. It's the least you can do.

post #19 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Unbannable

Ruptured testical? I can't imagine how much that must have hurt.

Get well buddy.

post #20 of 52 Old 06-16-2007, 10:49 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Man, glad you're OK. I'm with Steve, that must of friggin hurt like hell. I'm wincing just thinking about it. And the bike too, hurts to see her in such bad shape after all the work you put into her.

Hope they catch who did this to you.

Speedy recovery!

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #21 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 05:24 AM
Ben

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

One of my friends was rear-ended intentionally going 60mph on a bridge last fall. She was even dragged 50 yards by her bike. The cage hit the side of the guardrail and did a 360 then drove away. Luckily his front license plate fell off

2 > 4
post #22 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 06:21 AM
WoW

Man that totally sucks. If anyone ever hit me and took off I would hunt that mother ****er down and beat their face in with my helmet.

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #23 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 08:20 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 

Wow, thats awful, in every respect. Thats a terrible injury, But at least you will recover fully, minus 1 Lil part. Heal up fast man!

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #24 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Who has to know?

Wow, that is disgusting that some piece of crap would do such a thing. I hope he/she pays dearly for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaStreetfigh View Post
One of my friends was rear-ended intentionally going 60mph on a bridge last fall. She was even dragged 50 yards by her bike. The cage hit the side of the guardrail and did a 360 then drove away. Luckily his front license plate fell off
What happened to the scum in this story? Hopefully we can get some relief hearing about the penalty.

post #25 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Discen

I am sorry to hear about the accident. I hope they will find the jackass who ran and put him in a jail.

First time I rode 919 I almost smashed my nuts doing emergency braking exercise. On my previous flat-tank 78 cb750f you would just slide a bit from the seat on the tank during hard breaking but it is not the case anymore on sport bikes.

It is an unfortunate flaw in the design of modern sport bikes, that your nuts hit the tank during sudden stop, unless you grab the tank with the knees or hadlebar (the latter being the worst thing for bike's tracking). My suspicion is that traumas like this are way too common and just not publicised as road rush and other injuries for the obvious reason. I read that one road racer used to use a cap just to prevent hitting the tank during hard braking on the track, until he developed strength to grab the tank with the knees. The one modification 919 badly needs is the "man tank shape" to provide soom room for balls for godsake!

post #26 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 03:00 PM

That plain sucks! Glad to hear that you are ok, relatively speaking.

In Nevada, a hit and run accident with injuries is a felony conviction. We do catch a fair amount of them after the fact, too. When I do these type of scenes I look for any paint transfer from the vehicle that is left on the victim's vehicle. Check your 919 and see if you can find any matching the color of the car. If so, I would call the detective who follows-up to send someone down to collect it for analysis.

If your state lab can't analyze it, the FBI can. Yes, your case will be far down on the list of priorities (homicides, sexual assaults, etc. come first), however a partial plate + a paint sample goes a long way in finding the a**hole.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

post #27 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 05:51 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

All that fine work you did down the drain.

There is some pos driving in the area with a messed up fender. Start looking.

post #28 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 

Damn Mike, i hope you heal up quick buddy. Like i said in email if they find that prick make sure you let the AMA know they will make sure his ass is appropriately prosecuted. For some reason some judges don't consider motorcyclists injuries from accidents very serious.

post #29 of 52 Old 06-17-2007, 10:38 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Man, WTF? I'm fuming like everone else on this! That f*cking F*cker!! Hope you recover quick. If the witnesses got a partial plate, and at least the type and color of the vehicle, then I think the f*cktart will be caught.

post #30 of 52 Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Sorry to hear about your losses MDT. I hope like hell they drag that f*cker throught the streets buy his package. I also hope the media did not take advantage of your accident. "Wild Motorcyclist Naps in Intersection"

post #31 of 52 Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... I'm so queeeezy right now you cant even imagine!

I wish you could have left the details out on that testicle damage..... I dont think I can eat lunch now....

Glad your doing "OK"... ice the fun bag down and hopefully they find that prick. If they do - take it to trial - sue for anything he has... imagine a jury full of men looking at pics of your mangled testicle.... before they amputated! My God dude.... your sitting on a SURE THING! The pain and suffering award could be the biggest in the history of the courts! I'd give it.....

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #32 of 52 Old 06-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 

PM me the guys name when you find out.

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #33 of 52 Old 06-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Tesserarius

I'm with everyone else wishing you a speedy recovery and offering my condolences, however look on the bright side, an RC51 front end, and custom paint job is all she needs to be better than ever and twice as feisty!!!!

post #34 of 52 Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Cafe Racer

Awards Showcase
BOTM 

Damn THAT SUCKS. What a friggin' scumbag. Too bad about the NINER (not to mention your personal injury). Your Hornet was one of my favorites on this forum.

How did the front wheel hold up? Let me know if you want to sell the wheels, If you don't plan on rebuilding the bike.

post #35 of 52 Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Sorry about your hit and run and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Given the time of night and the fact he ran the odds are he was intoxicated and/or under the influence of drugs. From experience I've seen a lot of these criminals rush home and have a drink in case the police do show up it's difficult to establish their blood alcohol content at the time of the collision. If they do catch the person, make sure you establish contact with the prosecutor to give him/her your input as well as any restitution figures as part of any disposition. Good luck.

post #36 of 52 Old 06-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

Tony - really sorry to read that this happened to you. Hope you heal up well soon.

post #37 of 52 Old 06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Glad your doing "OK"... ice the fun bag down and hopefully they find that prick.
The prick was right above the.....oh nevermind.

So, how you doing? Any thoughts on the bike yet? That thing was a beaut.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #38 of 52 Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 PM

I had the same thing happen to me when I was in Phoenix going to college but was, luckily, not injured as badly as you. I really hope they catch the buttmunch that did this to you! And I hope you have a speedy recovery, as well.

post #39 of 52 Old 06-20-2007, 03:48 AM

not good news!

the hit and runner, if not caught, will just shrug it off like the scum that they are and move on while a life is irreprably changed. this stuff really ****s me!

post #40 of 52 Old 06-25-2007, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

I talked to the detective that's doing the investigation and the guy turned himself in. He gave a written statement the next day that said he stayed at the scene until he saw that I was on my feet and then he freaked out and left. Some witnesses had seen him and got his licence number so the police knew who he was and were at his house a couple times between the time of the accident and 6am, but he didn't come back home that day. He thought I was ok so he gave a statement but he didn't realize that I had to have surgery so it's now a felony hit and run. The good news is that he DOES have insurance, and the investigator gave me his policy # and claim #, so now I just need to go through the process of getting my bike fixed and my medical bills taken care of, and then getting an attorney to help me figure out how much the loss of a body part is worth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode