headlight fairing - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 11-16-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
US Army

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Question headlight fairing

does anyone have any head on or 3/4 angle pics of a 919 or similar with a falcon/demon style headlight or the raptor style fairing. i'm really split between wanting to go with a sportier or streetfighter look vs. the classic look of the stock round headlight.

i love the 919 especially the torque off of the line but i could have done without the round headlight although it is classic. has anyone put a z1000 style headlight on a 919? i've done a search but have come up empty. searches for the raptor of course are related to the raptor bikes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I considered putting the z1000 headlight on my last 919, but figured it would be cheaper and easier to add the Bates or Dominator dual headlights instead. I still like the look of the z1000 headlight and cowling.

I've never heard of the other ones you mentioned, so I can't help you there.

post #3 of 11 Old 11-19-2008, 08:30 PM

I'm with you, dude. I've been looking for pictures of them on the bike but I can't find them. I've gotten fed up enough that I am just going to go at it and see what happens, ya know? lol.

Hey, where in maryland are you from?

post #4 of 11 Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Tirone

Just found this website:
http://www.whaccessories.com/Honda919Accessories.htm

check it out. Looks like some cool stuff. I'm courious to know about some of the solo seats they have.

Anyone heard of any of the brand names of the parts?

If God had wanted us to be vegetarians why did he make animals out of meat?
post #5 of 11 Old 11-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Follow this thread for headlight discussion. . .

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...t=16003&page=2

post #6 of 11 Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
US Army

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I found a picture of the Shark fairing here: http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/gallery/hs.php?hornet=919

I've also found some good stuff that says it's for the 600. Does anyone know if they have the same headlight mount?

post #7 of 11 Old 11-22-2008, 11:30 AM
CB900 Hornet

Awards Showcase
Donation 

The brackets are quite similar if not the same. 9nineteen has the 599 headlights...so that shows how close the components are.

I also have thought about the Zed headlight...even the whole bike itself before the hornet. Here is a crummy quick paint application.

There is another headlight fairing that may interest you...don't know anything about it...but should be in the euro/uk. As it sits on a 600.

There are two fairings that strikes my fancy...this one above and the CB1300 Super Bol D'or...

post #8 of 11 Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
US Army

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

The Z1000 headlight looks good the lines even follow the 919 line a bit. I would love the headlight on the black bike. If anyone knows where to get one please tell. The red and white one is quite nice but a lil bigger than what I'm looking for. Too bad the 919 was not little more popular state side, it would make getting aftermarket parts easier. Then again I bought it because everyone on the road seems to have a GSXR. My friend with a Busa knew I was looking for a litre bike and couldn't believe I didn't get a GSXR. I like to be different, my previous bike was a Katana the hot "beginner" bike here was the 650 Ninja. The Z1000 was also on my short list but I could not pass on the bang for the buck of the 919.

post #9 of 11 Old 11-22-2008, 02:11 PM
CB900 Hornet

Awards Showcase
Donation 

mmmm our bargain bike sure was priced nicely. Sadly the aftermarket exterior parts are limited...straddled with all the various 'universals'. There are many among us that are the adventurous who crave custom retrofits.

The zed headlight is an expensive combination new (I tried adding it from the online oem parts list, horrible)...only worthwhile getting it used or from wrecked units. It does flow with the 919...not too angular with the tank and tail to complement.

I will be asking on Hornet's Nest UK about the black bike...I want it too! Subtle yet sporty at the same time. I will let you know when I find something.

post #10 of 11 Old 11-24-2008, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
US Army

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

thanks, i'll be doing some upgrading at the end of winter or beginning of spring

post #11 of 11 Old 11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
CB900 Hornet

Awards Showcase
Donation 

hmmm...I only could find the owner lives in Porto Alegre, Brazil. I tried emailing him but no longer available. He posted his pics in Feb 06' on bikepics.

Some guy said to check out Artfibres or something like that, a Brazilian company. Search came up empty.

No luck here for the black bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode