Headlight? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Headlight?

So today on my way home i went to turn on my hi-beams and noticed the light wouldn't come on. Upon arrival at home i noticed that i had no light. I checked the fuse and connection at the rear of the light, as well as the filament on the light. I don't have a voltmeter where i'm at tho i might possibly be able to borrow one until the weekend tonight. Any advice would be appreciated, i will most likely just start checking for voltage closer and closer to my power source starting at the plug for the light.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-04-2009, 08:01 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Print out a copy of the wiring diagram and get the voltmeter.
Post up when you're ready and we'll help you along...

post #3 of 8 Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Check the inside of the left pod and make sure the wiring isn't bad there.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #4 of 8 Old 03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Discen

if i remember right the highbeam light comes on when the headlight goes out? I think because my bike when i got it the bulb went bad 2 weeks later.

Personally i'd try a new bulb first. they might look fine but easy cannot. I say always start at the easiest.

post #5 of 8 Old 03-04-2009, 10:30 PM

if u have the $$, get a cooler looking headlight...i got mine off ebay for about 65 shipped. acerbis cyclops. not hard to wire up either, and all the lights work

post #6 of 8 Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by whazn919 View Post
So today on my way home i went to turn on my hi-beams and noticed the light wouldn't come on. Upon arrival at home i noticed that i had no light. I checked the fuse and connection at the rear of the light, as well as the filament on the light. I don't have a voltmeter where i'm at tho i might possibly be able to borrow one until the weekend tonight. Any advice would be appreciated, i will most likely just start checking for voltage closer and closer to my power source starting at the plug for the light.
i had this problem last year, my head light had no power goin to it. the reason was because there is a blue/white wire from the headlight circuit going up to the starter button- the light goes out while starter button is pressed so it wont over work the battery- this wire had come lose. we soldered it back on and the headlight worked again.

also you might be interested to know that i use a 130w/100w lightglobe

post #7 of 8 Old 03-05-2009, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Thanks for the tip i will check it out tomorrow. the PO had installed a 100w bulb and it looked like it was frying the connector. It's not too toasty, i've seen more sensitive electronics work with worse, but still that seems to be the reason why the connector had obviously gotten warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf900 View Post
i had this problem last year, my head light had no power goin to it. the reason was because there is a blue/white wire from the headlight circuit going up to the starter button- the light goes out while starter button is pressed so it wont over work the battery- this wire had come lose. we soldered it back on and the headlight worked again.

also you might be interested to know that i use a 130w/100w lightglobe

post #8 of 8 Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 AM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf900 View Post
+1 That's the only problem I've had with the electrical system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode