Has anyone tryed these mirrors? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 36 Old 05-21-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Has anyone tryed these mirrors?

CNC Tomok Rear Side Mirrors for Honda CB919 CB900 | eBay

I'm thinking about getting a set of these Mirrors for the 919. Has anyone tryed these yet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Milites Gregarius

If only they showed them on the bike....

This is America dude. Learn the rules.

'03 919- UL's, Remus Carbon shorties, Dunlop D616's
'85 4Runner- KM2's, locked front and rear, tons of armor.
post #3 of 36 Old 05-21-2012, 03:53 PM
What?

post #4 of 36 Old 05-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Those are knockoffs of Rizomas. If they look and work as good as Rizomas for half the price (or less) I say go for it!

Too bad they don't have any knock offs for the Spy Q's.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #5 of 36 Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Some colored ones:

CNC Tomok A Pair Rear Side Mirrors for Honda CB919 CB900 A05 CBR900RR CBR954RR | eBay

Not sure of the anodizing quality; most tend to be sub sub sub sub sub sub.... par.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #6 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 03:07 AM
Discen

I also on a budget, thanks to my 4 kids. if the anodizing quality is sub par get them in silver or black.

Current
2006 Honda CB900F 919 Hornet
Sold
1996 Suzuki GSF750 Kan.of.tuna
1985 Honda VF700 Intercepter
1997 Suzuki DR650
post #7 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwildman View Post
CNC Tomok Rear Side Mirrors for Honda CB919 CB900 | eBay

I'm thinking about getting a set of these Mirrors for the 919. Has anyone tryed these yet?

I have them.

post #8 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminD3 View Post
I have them.
Okay, sooo....do you like them? Do they vibrate? Any feed back?

post #9 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Those are some nice mirrors

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #10 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Gunner

Quote:
Okay, sooo....do you like them? Do they vibrate? Any feed back?

lol.. you didnt ask about all that! you just asked if anyone had them. I do! (took quite a while to deliver that punchline.. it was getting uncomfortable!)

The way they come, id say, save your money. HOWEVER.. if youre handy, theyre not bad at all.

The Good:

They feel solid, as they are CNC machined.
They look like the rizomas.
The glass has a nice blue tint to it. (reminds me of my old MK VI GTi side mirrors.)
They look slick as shit. I get compliments on them quite a lot.
They dont vibrate while under-weigh. (they do a VERY small amount SOMETIMES at idle. not the end of the world)

The Bad: (these comments have fixes, so read on)

The anodizing is probably the worst Ive ever seen. I got black mirrors, and a month, maybe 6 weeks later, theyre a cinnamon brown.
They sag. you cant seem to tighten them enough to keep them from 'drooping' down.
Being aluminum, you have to be careful how tight you tighten them at the hinge. I stripped the left side.
They dont say "Rizoma" on them. ;-)

The Fix:

For the anodizing, you have a few options. you could get silver, my guess is it would hold up much better. OR, if you powdercoat, paint or anodize, you could refinish them. Personally, Im leaning toward Hydrodipping them.
I tapped mine out to 1/4-20, then replaced one of the two washers (per side) with a 'Custom' rubber washer. (I couldnt find any the right size, so i just bought some bigger ones, and cut them down. You cant see them, so it doesnt matter) This did the trick. They stay put, over bumpy New England roads, wheelies, whatever.
As for no Rizoma logo.. grab a sharpie maybe?!

post #11 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 05:26 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Good review! You think they'll stay put with just the rubber washers and proper tightening from the get-go? And they got two kinds of silver, a shiny 'silver' and a matte 'steel' one.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #12 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
Good review! You think they'll stay put with just the rubber washers and proper tightening from the get-go? And they got two kinds of silver, a shiny 'silver' and a matte 'steel' one.

yeah, I did the rubber washer routine a couple weeks ago, and I havnt had to mess with them since. if I bought them all over (which, knowing what I know now, I still probably would) Id just do the stuff I mentioned from the get go. Plus, if i/you DO go with a hydrodip kit, theyre so small that youd have PLENTY of materiel leftover, so you get mirrors and enough hydrodip to do plenty of projects, for the price that it'd cost for ONE rizoma. Dont get me wrong, you definitely get what you pay for (in both knock-off and rizomas case, im assuming), but I just couldnt justify spending that kind of scratch on the brand name, when I bought this bike so cheap! ..if it was going on a Duc 1198 or something.. that'd be a different story!
If you do go with the silver, I think it'd work well, and you probably wouldnt notice any fading. As it is, I think people assume theyre supposed to be the cinnamon color that they faded into (even though nothing else on the bike is that color) and alot of guys have commented on them.

On the same note, if you get the adjustable levers they sell, the black doesnt fade, but the ( I got) gold adjuster switch did ( i was trying to match my gold Renthals). so.. I cant speak for if you did black on black, but.. silver from the start would be safe. Even though its so small, most people wouldnt even notice it.

post #13 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminD3 View Post
lol.. you didnt ask about all that! you just asked if anyone had them. I do! (took quite a while to deliver that punchline.. it was getting uncomfortable!)

The way they come, id say, save your money. HOWEVER.. if youre handy, theyre not bad at all.

The Good:

They feel solid, as they are CNC machined.
They look like the rizomas.
The glass has a nice blue tint to it. (reminds me of my old MK VI GTi side mirrors.)
They look slick as shit. I get compliments on them quite a lot.
They dont vibrate while under-weigh. (they do a VERY small amount SOMETIMES at idle. not the end of the world)

The Bad: (these comments have fixes, so read on)

The anodizing is probably the worst Ive ever seen. I got black mirrors, and a month, maybe 6 weeks later, theyre a cinnamon brown.
They sag. you cant seem to tighten them enough to keep them from 'drooping' down.
Being aluminum, you have to be careful how tight you tighten them at the hinge. I stripped the left side.
They dont say "Rizoma" on them. ;-)

The Fix:

For the anodizing, you have a few options. you could get silver, my guess is it would hold up much better. OR, if you powdercoat, paint or anodize, you could refinish them. Personally, Im leaning toward Hydrodipping them.
I tapped mine out to 1/4-20, then replaced one of the two washers (per side) with a 'Custom' rubber washer. (I couldnt find any the right size, so i just bought some bigger ones, and cut them down. You cant see them, so it doesnt matter) This did the trick. They stay put, over bumpy New England roads, wheelies, whatever.
As for no Rizoma logo.. grab a sharpie maybe?!
Thanks for your input. I can't see spending near $60 for something I'll have to refinish. I can do it easy enough, just shouldn't have to. I want something to bolt on and go. Anybody got any sugestions? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg and I want black.

post #14 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 07:11 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

I got these; cheap, looks good and does the job. Pair Black Mirrors - Honda 919 $ | eBay

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #15 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Dewbie

Quote:
I got these; cheap, looks good and does the job. Pair Black Mirrors - Honda 919 $ | eBay
I ordered these the other day. Fingers crossed.

post #16 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
The 919 has left hand threads on one side and right hand threads on the other, did these mirrors come the same way, or did you have to use adaptors?

post #17 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 AM
I WANNA RIDE!

I got these from the same seller. Basically the same shape mirror with a different stalk.
They're OK.I like them and they work well. Again, you get what ypu pay for.

Pair Black Mirrors - Honda 919 -MBP03 | eBay

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #18 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The 919 has left hand threads on one side and right hand threads on the other, did these mirrors come the same way, or did you have to use adaptors?
Right hand thread on both sides.

I know because I never used the left hand thread post that came in my set of Rizoma mirrors.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #19 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
The Cripple

g00gl3it is correct. right hand thread on both sides.

post #20 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
g00gl3it is correct. right hand thread on both sides.
WHAT!!?? That's weird! I have the stock mickey mouse mirrors and the left side has right hand threads and the right side has left hand threads, I am 110% possitive of that because I tryed to put my stock VTX mirrors on and the right side would not go on. I'm going to take a close look at what the hell is going on here. The privious owner must have put adaptors or something.

post #21 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyb900 View Post
I got these from the same seller. Basically the same shape mirror with a different stalk.
They're OK.I like them and they work well. Again, you get what ypu pay for.

Pair Black Mirrors - Honda 919 -MBP03 | eBay
Do you have a pic. with them on your bike? And yes, you get what you pay for. I'm not going to pay $100-$200 for a set of mirrors....after all, there freeking mirrors!! I just need a good looking, black mirror, not a show piece on my handlebars.

post #22 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
WHAT!!?? That's weird! I have the stock mickey mouse mirrors and the left side has right hand threads and the right side has left hand threads, I am 110% possitive of that because I tryed to put my stock VTX mirrors on and the right side would not go on. I'm going to take a close look at what the hell is going on here. The privious owner must have put adaptors or something.
Wow, I feel stuuuuupid! Yep, right hand threads on both sides, the actual mirror stem itself is what is left hand. Man, i'm losing it.....

post #23 of 36 Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
I WANNA RIDE!

Quote:
Do you have a pic. with them on your bike? And yes, you get what you pay for. I'm not going to pay $100-$200 for a set of mirrors....after all, there freeking mirrors!! I just need a good looking, black mirror, not a show piece on my handlebars.
Just some bad cell phone pics right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo05241621.jpg (253.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Photo05241622_2.jpg (267.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Photo05241622_1.jpg (246.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Photo05241622.jpg (305.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Photo05241621_1.jpg (284.9 KB, 21 views)

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #24 of 36 Old 05-25-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
I got a pair of these on the way, and since they're in Indiana too, I should get them fast.

post #25 of 36 Old 06-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Tirone

This thread is about is about a month old, but I LOVE my Aprilia Shiver mirros. Ordered them from the local dealer - they are not expensive (maybe around $50 for the pair) and good visibility and good looking. it has been a while that I have had them on and they have been really durable.

just my

post #26 of 36 Old 06-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Those are the ones I have, and I really like them. They do come in LH and RH threading. Not as slick as the OPs pics, but they were cheap, don't vibrate much, high enough to see everything, and much better looking than mickey mouse.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #27 of 36 Old 06-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelnick

Those are the ones I have, and I really like them. They do come in LH and RH threading. Not as slick as the OPs pics, but they were cheap, don't vibrate much, high enough to see everything, and much better looking than mickey mouse.
I had those, they wouldn't stay tight and when I would hit 80+ or a big gust of wind they'd move. But then again, my gust of wind is probably eat more than most are used too...

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #28 of 36 Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodesign View Post
I had those, they wouldn't stay tight and when I would hit 80+ or a big gust of wind they'd move. But then again, my gust of wind is probably eat more than most are used too...
Hmm... mine have stayed rock solid at another 20+ over 80. Maybe with low price comes inconsistancy. Only time I've had to adjust mine is when I bump into them

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #29 of 36 Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Oh, you didn't know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelnick View Post
Hmm... mine have stayed rock solid at another 20+ over 80. Maybe with low price comes inconsistancy. Only time I've had to adjust mine is when I bump into them
10-4 on that, cheap and solid so far.....now they'll proly get loose tomorrow...shoud have just kept quite.

post #30 of 36 Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelnick

Esta posible!

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #31 of 36 Old 07-04-2012, 06:12 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

how about these??

Honda CB900 brand new Aftermarket completed both Side rearview mirrors | eBay

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #32 of 36 Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Dead Wrong

Garage
DO NOT buy anything from China or HK, paint job is horrible, it comes off after just few rides.

I bought US made, CNC, well made mirror of these guys Body Protection, Tires items in hollywoodpowersports store on eBay!

Price was just a bit high but I think it is worth buying US made product than crappy others.

post #33 of 36 Old 07-04-2012, 09:22 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
DO NOT buy anything from China or HK, paint job is horrible, it comes off after just few rides.

I bought US made, CNC, well made mirror of these guys Body Protection, Tires items in hollywoodpowersports store on eBay!

Price was just a bit high but I think it is worth buying US made product than crappy others.

i've got a knock-off set of shortie levers from china. had them 2 years and they still look good.no spots where the color wore/came off. fyi

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #34 of 36 Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Dead Wrong

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvir View Post
i've got a knock-off set of shortie levers from china. had them 2 years and they still look good.no spots where the color wore/came off. fyi
Thats a good experience man, I bought set of lever and led signals a year back from different sellers and had to change both in 4 months.

post #35 of 36 Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

that really messed up ,effe. i hate wasting money!

post #36 of 36 Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Not sure of the anodizing quality; most tend to be sub sub sub sub sub sub.... par.
They fade in less than a month. My gold chinese knock off levers faded in a week sitting in the parking lot at work for 8 hours a day.

Current
2006 Honda CB900F 919 Hornet
Sold
1996 Suzuki GSF750 Kan.of.tuna
1985 Honda VF700 Intercepter
1997 Suzuki DR650

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode