GUYS ON HARLEYS - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Honda Hore

GUYS ON HARLEYS

Just for fun......... I like others here have noticed those Harley guys won't wave to Japanese Bikes as you pass each other.

Since I only buy American cars built by American workers (I hope) for very personal reasons. I will bet these nut jobs climb off their Harley's and into their Toyota's without any thought of how hypocritical they are

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Almost all of em wave around here

post #3 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Tirone

They wave around here too.

post #4 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Here too. Same as any other group.

post #5 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

the other day i saw the police were setting up a dwi check point near a local biker bar.... i pulled into the parking lot on my inteceptor and was gonna tell one of the guys so he could pass it along to the others....

well he told me "you brave riding that jap shiit up here "... i told him "the cops are setting up a road block right down the street ya'll be careful when leaving".... he said "i can't hear you over that rice rocket you sitting on".... so i told him..."never mind... make sure and head south when you leave here... asshead".....

(the cops were set up south.... i went down the road and sit and drank a sprite while i watched about 7 or 8 of them get pulled over and arrested and their bikes towed.....

it was a nice afternoon....

post #6 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 04:45 PM
That's Right!!!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtjsr View Post
Just for fun......... I like others here have noticed those Harley guys won't wave to Japanese Bikes as you pass each other.

Since I only buy American cars built by American workers (I hope) for very personal reasons. I will bet these nut jobs climb off their Harley's and into their Toyota's without any thought of how hypocritical they are
Welcome to motorcycling

2003 Honda RC51
post #7 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

i useto wave to everyone, even when they did'nt wave back. lately i've been paying alot of attention to the hd guys.for the most part,the weekend warriors(businessman,lawyer,ect)will wave back but the "bikers" won't???????????

screw them pillow biters

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #8 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
just ride it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
the other day i saw the police were setting up a dwi check point near a local biker bar.... i pulled into the parking lot on my inteceptor and was gonna tell one of the guys so he could pass it along to the others....

well he told me "you brave riding that jap shiit up here "... i told him "the cops are setting up a road block right down the street ya'll be careful when leaving".... he said "i can't hear you over that rice rocket you sitting on".... so i told him..."never mind... make sure and head south when you leave here... asshead".....

(the cops were set up south.... i went down the road and sit and drank a sprite while i watched about 7 or 8 of them get pulled over and arrested and their bikes towed.....

That's freakin' awesome! usually around here most motorcyclist and bikers get along pretty well. there are a few that don't like each other, but not many, of course I live just outside of motorcycle heaven... (smoky mountains) and most people get along really well...

post #9 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

Quote:

Love that story, Barton!

There are two times I get waves from HDs, when I have the 9er fully loaded for camping they think it's a HD giving me a half wave before they realize it isn't. The second was last week being early for a meeting I stopped at the HD dealership to check out the 1250R, the salesguy waved frantically to get my attention. I need to take him up on the testride offer...

post #10 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I WANNA RIDE!

I get about 50/50 here. A lot of time sport bike guys don't wave though.

Along the Jap bike/Harley respect story line like Barton,
I went to a Harley biker bar with a Harley buddy of mine when I had my 1982 Nighthawk 750 and some girl in the bar said "Who's riding the Honda?" in a derogatory tone. I spoke right up and said "I am, what kind of bike are you riding?" Knowing full well she was most likely not riding a bike. she had no response and the guys actually gave me respect for standing up for myself rather than beating me up like I thought would happen!

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #11 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 PM
yzarc mi os

i get less waves from the sport bikes it's more of a asshole or not thing around here.
I notice most of te guys who don't wave go into a wheeling in rush hour traffic too. or just look the part. you know the punk kid wearing shorts short sleeves sandal and a helmet only because its required that thinks the free way is a plaything during rush hour.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
post #12 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Imaginifer

Quote:
Love that story, Barton!
+1
Up here, it's about 50/50 also. It also seems to me that the Goldwinger's don't wave either.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
---Thomas Jefferson 1776.
post #13 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Survivor/Broken&Busted

Awards Showcase
Community Service Veteran 

I used to own a harley before i went overseas and i waved at everybody that waved to me ... never had a problem with it myself, but i guess that's just because i've had both a pocket rocket AND a HD before ... I like both crowds i guess ... they both have their own lil spunk about em ... But around here almost everybody waves at everybody else ... guess the location's got alot to do with it too ... its mostly coutry around here .... ( Eff deserts) ...

... Never take life too seriously ... Nobody gets out alive anyway ...
post #14 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Survivor/Broken&Busted

Awards Showcase

oh ... and good job dad ... lol ... i was gonna say you was ... but then i thought about it ... and that sounds just like you ... i'da done the same thing too lmfao ...

post #15 of 101 Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yostevo052 View Post
oh ... and good job dad ... lol ... i was gonna say you was ... but then i thought about it ... and that sounds just like you ... i'da done the same thing too lmfao ...
you would be mighty brave young man to call me

remember... i ain't as old as you think i am....

post #16 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 12:02 AM

Wave you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzTurbo View Post
Almost all of em wave around here
They have to wave down here, as they have broken down or run out of PETROL, because their thimble sized tank didn't have enough to get the next petrol station!

post #17 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Survivor/Broken&Busted

Awards Showcase

Quote:
you would be mighty brave young man to call me

remember... i ain't as old as you think i am....
no you're not as old as i think you are ... you're as old as i know ya are ... ... :P

post #18 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Legalize it please?

I wave to every one i can... I get a wave back 90% of the times from all kinds of bikes. Street bikes or HD, or metrics... the scooter guys/gals usually laugh or look teriffied... I especially love waving to the "future bikers", weather it be their in the back seat or playin in the yard.... you can tell there's always one or two that are looking up before you pass the house waitin to see what it is. Seens like around here, the people that don't wave shouldn't take a hand off anyways ya know?

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out
post #19 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 05:47 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

I totally circumvent this entire issue by only waving at those who wave at me first. There are two guys that I see almost every day that I would like to meet up with sometime. We always meet going the opposite direction on the highway but one is on an RC-51 and the other is on a 954. They always have on full gear and are usually moving along pretty good. I've seen the RC-51 parked around and by the looks of his tires, he really knows how to ride.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #20 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

Quote:

That was excellent!!! It's a 50/50 thing here. You got guys that act just like Brian mentioned above and then some that have the attitude that as long as your on 2wheeles, It's all good.

Damn that was a good story Brian!!! Gotta love Fvcknut Harley guys!

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #21 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 06:07 AM
FXS
Knees in the Breeze

I will wave to everyone.The scooter cops especially.
I get more snubs from the "Rice Rocket" guys when on my K 1300 S BMW (which looks like their bikes) thanI do from them when I'm on my H-D !! Go figure !!!

Never pick a fight with an old man..if he's too tired to fight, he'll just shoot you.
1979 H-D Low Rider (orig owner)
2009 K 1300 S (Lava Orange...the faster color)
post #22 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Barton, I just got dome dealing with 9 hours of drunken stupid ass's. That was funny,thanks i'll sleep better now.

post #23 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Livin the dream

Don't know if this has been posted before but it's pretty funny.

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Riders Don't Wave Back

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgement.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, and talking on the cell phone.
5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!
4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
2. You haven't been properly introduced.
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature, and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.

Top Ten Reasons Why Sportbike Squids Don't Wave Back

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.
9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.
8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.
7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.
6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.
5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
4. Their skin tight-kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.
3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.
2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.

Why Triumph Riders "Almost" Don't Wave Back to non Triumphs

1. Simple - you may not be British... or you might even be French
2. Jealous of how Harley must outfit their riders with gut expanders so they will have more aerodynamic capabilities and defeat high wind with ease (Note: I can only say this because I lost my 100 lbs of over-weight so if offended.. do what I did.. lose it)
3. If we wave you might use your posterior smile from your bum above your low slung chaps (ah the plumber's smile for all to see)
4. You might try to engage your rice burner in a race not expecting 130 plus hp in some of our bikes and we don't want you to feel bad when you lose
5. Writing Vintage on your t-shirt and riding a 1995 Honda is simply never going to be a Triumph.. if the t-shirt is vintage you don't need to say "vintage" and an 90's Honda is not vintage yet.. it is simply ...old (unless it is a 1986 interceptor)
6. If you don't drink gin we simply don't want to know you
7. You might be tempted to rev your Ducati and we don't want it to break (I will still probably buy one some day simply because broken or not..they are cool and we can ride our Triumph when it is in the shop - BONUS!!!)
8. You probably don't play darts either do you!
9. The British flag does a perfectly fine job of waving for us
10. Did I say you might not be British?

Doug

post #24 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 07:50 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Now that was funny. Me and Mary lol'd like nutcases

post #25 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 08:06 AM
FXS
Knees in the Breeze

LMAO !

Never pick a fight with an old man..if he's too tired to fight, he'll just shoot you.
post #26 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
rider

who cares?

in europe nobody waves, they're busy watching the road like the rest of us should be. i'll wave to anybody if the circumstances allow it. but it's really not that big a deal

post #27 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 AM
h8tenhogs

post #28 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10hornet View Post
who cares?
Agreed!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #29 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

Awesome list radio.

post #30 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 

I'm also on the "who cares" list as far as that goes. I wave to anyone, mostly get waves from everyone. If I dont, big deal, thats not gonna ruin my ride.

Yea there are Azzholes on HD's, plenty on SPortbikes too.

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #31 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Lovin the Vanilla Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtjsr View Post
Well, I don't know about cars but If you want to drive the most 'American Made' truck on the road, they will be getting into a Toyota. Most American vehicles anymore are made in Canada or Mexico. Brand means nothing as to what nationalities sweat was put into it anymore.

Two wheelin for the feelin.
post #32 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 AM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10hornet View Post
who cares?

in europe nobody waves, they're busy watching the road like the rest of us should be. i'll wave to anybody if the circumstances allow it. but it's really not that big a deal
Yep. This is one of the reasons I stopped buying jeeps as a young lad, I got sick of people giving me the jeep wave.

post #33 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 11:30 AM
FXS
Knees in the Breeze

"Yea there are Azzholes on HD's, plenty on SPortbikes too ."

AMEN !

post #34 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXS View Post
"Yea there are Azzholes on HD's, plenty on SPortbikes too ."

AMEN !

Yup...Damnit...We're all Azzholes

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #35 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 PM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrimmon View Post
Yup...Damnit...We're all Azzholes
Well my mom said I could be anything I wanted to be when I grew up. So I became an a$$hole.

post #36 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Gets censored

I'm an azzhole.

post #37 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Mc 9er

another reason hd riders don't wave...afraid they'll drop their tools.
bmw riders....afraid they'll spill their lattes.

c 9er
silver,the fasted colour
post #38 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 05:50 PM

In Florida its the crotch rocket riders that are the a-holes that will look the other direction. Myself I am a friendly rider, I will give a wave, head nob, or smile. I love riding my bike, how can you not just be happy on a 919?

post #39 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 06:12 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

Over here pretty much everybody waves when your on the highway, in town nobody
waves.

post #40 of 101 Old 09-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I have a higher percentage of men waving back then women for sure. Most other women riders don't wave back whether on sport bike or cruiser.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode