GS500e carb set uos - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
yzarc mi os

GS500e carb set uos

We have a GS500e that we got dirt cheap last year over the fall the manifold gave up and the carbs have never been there best. HAs anyone seen a single carb set up for the GS500e or it's cousins?

Reaon being is i have a lot of single carbs from mild to wild laying around from dirt bikes and atv's that could easily feed the 500 motor if there was a relatively easy way to adapt it

. right now it wouldn't really cost me much more to custom fab a new manifold as it would to get here going right and it would simplify maintenance in the long run. But a custom fab job is more hassle than I really want to go through. But considering the gains I may go that route still if there isn't an easier way.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Machine Head

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Lightbulb

Could you use a piece of radiator hose and some hose clamps?

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

If you have time and inclination to fab something, go for it. Fab away. Carburator set up can be a chore even when you're dealing with units that were made to work with a specific application.

I don't know whet "gains" you are looking for, it's a GS 500.

What is this carb maintainence you are refering to? A carb's worst enemy is not using them. There is no maintainence once they're set up correctly.

Read your signiture line. Your answer lies there.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-07-2011, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
yzarc mi os

primarily the old carbs were in bad shape when I got it. I'm not really looking for gains just cheap alternative and maybe a fun project to over hauling the carbs I need about 100-120 in parts to get her going because the manifolds are cracked. And tghe fuel system is pretty rotted up. I could go to the single carb with a little fab work or if one of it's cousins was a single carb design I could pick up it's manifold and adapt it to one of my carbs.

Really just wondering if anything had the gs500 motor and a single carb set up instead of a twin carbs.i

And sniper common since has no place in the relm of tinkering. gotta have some thing to do while it's to cold and slick to ride. and the garage has heat.
I'm pretty sure I'll rebuild the carbs just wondered about it because god honestly the gs doesn't need dual carbs it doesn't make enough power to justify them.

Plus I have all these perfectly good FCR's and mikuni's laying around with nothing to stick half of them on.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode