great day..ride..tire! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

great day..ride..tire!

So I completed the 'full ride' w/ my brother(08 fz1) and buddy( 07 xb12cg) over our route through ct and dutchess---awesome! The roads are completely clean of salt from the winter and we enjoyed a really good pace. The 919 performed admirably in fast, medium and slower corners, speeds ranging from 25-to 90mph full tilt, all w/ excellent stability at triple digit speeds! on the highway. And it was smooth and comfy on the way home. 270 miles total. My bother put is best that the 919 spilts the difference between the ultra-nimble and stiff Buell and the heavier feel of the fz( 3 little bears..)

oh yes, the bt 021's tires are doing great. I have 5200 miles on them and the rear looks like it will make it to 6000miles if not , very close.

The tires offer terrific grip and feel even if their longenvity is not as good as roadsmarts or other sport-touring tires. Additionally the cost is excellent ( about $265 shipped) from www. PARTS111.com.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 PM
no max no more

6000 miles **** i was hoping for 10.000 is tire stock tire a soft compound not a high milage tire ?

dont need a bike to ride the fast lane
post #3 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Glad your ride went well Dougie. I got 6500 mi from the stock tires (replaced when the wear bars were reached), but others said they have gotten less. I never really had any issue with them, but I don't ride real aggressively either.

I switched to Pirelli Diablo Stradas after the stock and got 10K mi from the rear tire.

Ride safe and have fun!

post #4 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Tirone

I haven't ridden the BT's, but I've tried many of the newer Sport Touring tires. The best combination of grip and longevity I have found is the Continental Road Attack. Plenty of grip to drag hard parts and they wear longer than than a Metzeler Z6.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode