God I love my 919 , I'll tell ya why - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Cool God I love my 919 , I'll tell ya why

It's my new lease on life ...... went for the most amazing ride today covered 500 miles and im a tad sore but have a grin so wide that if i was a chick i'd have lipstick on my ears , only had the toy 5 days and done 1500 miles , damn this thing is a blast to ride .... at the beginning of the day i still had a bit of a chicken strip of 1/2 an inch each side of the tyres ... now i dont have any ...... no im not crazy (some would not agree) and at 46 im not having a mid life crisis , its just that i dont really have that much time left to enjoy it all so im jamming it all in while im still able to..... let me explane a little ....... my oil pump (heart) is a bit crook and about a month ago im told by my friendly doctor after a bunch of tests and MRI's that i have a brain tumor (inoperable) and im going to wind up in a wheel chair as a paraplegic which really has no great appeal to me so thats when i started looking for the perfect hoon machine......... i found it in the 919
Im F#@ked if im going to sit around waiting to turn into a paper weight so im stuffing as much into what time i have left to be hoon again....... yeah i had to get all responceable when i had kids etc but they have all left home and my job is done and now its time for me , and im not going to waste a second of it...... im going to ride this fun machine till i can no longer push the start button or it gets the better of me .... if i got to go i know i'd rather go out siting on my bike and not one of these....... no i dont have a death wish..... on the contrary i want to live like theres no tomorrow .... it not until we are faced with death that we really start to live........ DAMN i love my 919

Go HARD or go home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:12 AM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

rearwheel, I am sorry to hear about your condition, but damn glad you are not just mopin around. Better to enjoy life than to watch it go by. If you have any pics of the ride we would love to see them. God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #3 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Tear it up while you can because you never know when it might be over. And that's true for all of us. One of the hardest lessons to learn in life.

You can get wheelchairs "up on two" you know.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #4 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Ride to your hearts content Rearwheel! Hopefully you'll be having so much fun that your condition will improve and not worsen.

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #5 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:26 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 

Well that puts things in perspective for the rest of us whiners. Man tear it up while you can, and keep that postive attitude. My wife is a Nurse and works the oncology unit at times, and a person's attitude makes more difference than the treatments do. Keep rockin that bike and make sure you stick around here and keep us up to speed, Live each day to its fullest!!

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #6 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Stick with the positve attitude and I think you will amaze your doctors. God bless and my prayers are with you.

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #7 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 AM
libertine

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

Kick ass and take names, good luck and keep having fun.

post #8 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Me, thas who.

Awards Showcase
BOTM 

You should sell 919's for a living You keep tearing it up on your 919 and enjoying life, we'll start figuring out how to transplant a 919 motor to a wheel chair with the hopes that you never have to use it!

post #9 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlux21 View Post
Kick ass and take names, good luck and keep having fun.

Could not have said it better. Get it while you can.

post #10 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Tesserarius

I left NZ 22 years ago and at 61yrs now still having a blast on my niner, but I used to love those neat roads around Wellington, Paekakariki hill road, Akatarawa rd, and of course the big one between Upper Hutt and Greytown, (who's name escapes me right now) and the neat country roads out to Castlepoint, and all through the Wairarapa. Out here is So Cal. good roads are few and far between, and heavily travelled, so I miss the great riding in NZ.

post #11 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Shiraz

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Donation 
Total Awards: 7

Ride hard, take chances, no regrets! Enjoy your bike.

post #12 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

If you know the day is coming ride it into the Grand Canyon! I hope you make the best of it and get to enjoy it to the end. Good luck and God speed.

post #13 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 09:48 AM
red dirt girl

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration BOTM Donation Donation 

[QUOTE=HondaJim;127849]Tear it up while you can because you never know when it might be over. And that's true for all of us. One of the hardest lessons to learn in life.

QUOTE]

Hang in there, rearwheel.
We will all be thinking of you.

post #14 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 

Rock on, man, rock on. Live to the fullest.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #15 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Right on!

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #16 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogs View Post
Ride to your hearts content Rearwheel! Hopefully you'll be having so much fun that your condition will improve and not worsen.
+ a googolplex. Word. And all that.

post #17 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Rearwheel, You're my new hero! What an incredible attitude and outlook on life. All of us have numbered days and none of us know how many We all should live everyday like its our last and have fun ....thanks for the reminder!!!

post #18 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Talking What a great bunch

This thing ( its called Syringomyelia) wont kill me right off the bat but paralizes over a period of time ....being the typical bloke and all that i didnt go to the doctors when i first noticed the symptoms and now i've had it a couple of years and have lost feeling in my hands and some in my feet and im feeling it spread further through me , i will eventually loose use of my limbs but at the momment i can still use my hands etc ....just cant feel much with em at all and its not going to get any better......
Here is basicly what this little curse is .... at the base of the brain where it goes into ya spinal cord a turmor has formed inside the spinal cord and as it grows it cuts off the feeling to your limbs in a very methodical way starting with your hands then arms sholders then feet legs etc till your a useless paper weight dependent on 24/7 help ( that aint gona happen to me ) The doctors cant put a time frame on it at all because it is different from one person to the next, but at the rate im progressing he recons a few yrs (maby 3 or so)before i'm to ****ed up to get around by myself......... i'm hoping some hard riding nearer that time will take care of that wee problem Untill then im going to have a blast and see if i can wear out my bike before i wear out lol........ im not pissed off at all and it dosnt really bother me .....what would bother me is not making the best fun of the time i've got and being a bike nut my whole life that seems like the best fun i could possibly have so im doin it .
And PHOBMAN the road that escapes you is the rimutakas..... done it yesterday along all the others you mentioned along with the parapara's then back through vinagar hill and home, damn it was a sweet ride.... next week if the weathers ok im heading to the coromandel to have some fun on the thames coast road to coromandel .... and anywhere else i can find some corners.... lets face it we live for corners lol...... and NZ has some awesome roads for bikes...... its a riders paradise and im takin a trip to heaven I plan to get a tank mount for my video cam so i can post some of the more exciting stuff on utube so you guys can have a wee taste of what ur missing out on , i will post a couple of pics of my bike here as soon as i can work out how to do it ....... Thanks to everyone for your positive comments .... i'd ride with any of you any day........ cheers Rearwheel

Go HARD or go home
post #19 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Ya know, the thing that strikes me is that rearwheel decided on a 919 when faced with this news. I mean, heck, I bought mine 'cause I was kind of tired of riding my '92 Knighthawk!
Like a lot of you guys I'm sure, I can pretty much afford to ride what I want and the 919 spoke to me in that standard-bike kind of way.
Anyways, right on rearwheel! Live for today!

I plan to die young, as late as possible.
post #20 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Some pics (i hope i get this right)

Some pics of the 919 ...it lives in my lounge hehehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.jpg (182.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg front right.jpg (209.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg front side.jpg (229.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg side.jpg (221.6 KB, 88 views)

Go HARD or go home
post #21 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Sweet bike. Bring it to the USA and I'll ride with you. Lately I'm numb from work, so we'd be an even match. I like your attitude. The 9er can be great therapy for what ails you.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #22 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

NZ is the number one place on my "must see before I die" list, and its a very short list. To hear you and phobman talk about the roads, I guess its going to have to be a trip with access to a motorcycle.

Ride on rearwheel!

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #23 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
red dirt girl

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration BOTM Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugs View Post
NZ is the number one place on my "must see before I die" list, and its a very short list. .

Ride on rearwheel!
I'll go with you! I always wanted to visit NZ.

rearwheel, keep us updated with how you are doing.
I am so impressed with you.

post #24 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Mc 9er

what a great attitude rearwheel,you are an inspiration. can't wait to check out vids of those roads, always wanted to go to NZ and Australia and your vids will probably be the closest i'll ever get. love the pics of the 9er in the lounge,that is classic,you da mankeep in touch.

c 9er
silver,the fasted colour
post #25 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
HotCarl73

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

She's a beaut! and parked in the middle of the living room as god intended. Have fun.

post #26 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Go into second, let it climb to about 3500 and PUNCH it ! The front wheel will come up and pop that little nuisance right out.

post #27 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Not so Rookie Anymore

Just want to add a big ditto to all that has been posted earlier. It is great to hear how you are taking life by the horns and making it what you want it to be! Too many folks let "life" drive their lives!

Glad I can be apart of your audience as you enjoy your new 9er! Red is the best color so you can't help but have a great time!

Ride On!

Temecula, CA (So Cal)
06-919

Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
Remember when someone annoys you, that it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown ...
But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother- upside the head...

Pass it on.
post #28 of 49 Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Tirone Shoelaces

As a flatlander in the midwest USA (which is west of the Mississippi BTW, contrary to what you mideastern USAers think) and having been to New Zealand (Auckland - Rotarura), I have an urge to take my 9er to NZ for an extended visit based on the roads you describe. I would just have to re-learn which side of the road to ride on. My wife and I love the place but she doesn't ride. That's my dilemma. Best wishes. Life is too short to sweat the details.

post #29 of 49 Old 09-13-2007, 04:31 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 

Beautiful bike, Make sure you post some pics up of it out on some of those NZ Roads you are tearing up!!

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #30 of 49 Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

I know a good plastic surgeon should you need to have the Permagrin removed

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #31 of 49 Old 09-13-2007, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks guys n gals im feelin better already
You can all rest assured im going to ride the damn wheels off that bike and if it can handle what im going to throw at it the damn thing will handle anything I gave it my 20 minuite run in when i got it from the shop, which consisted of about 10 cycles of 1-3 gear redlines on a nice straight peice of road , run in perfectly and i been redlining it ever since.... it's had its first service at 600 miles and when it hits 2000 miles i putin in some amsoil and im goin to continue the punishment , i might as well give it full noise as its got the 2 year unlimited miles warrantee and i plan to make full use of it ....... if it can handle 2 yrs of me it's one hell of a machine

Go HARD or go home
post #32 of 49 Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 PM

oh, you bastard! i hear the roads are quite a treat in NZ.

+1 post up some pics.

ride safe and welcome to the club.

post #33 of 49 Old 09-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Great motivation very inspirational, stay hard bro.

post #34 of 49 Old 09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Unbannable

Hey, you're free now! Go nuts and do everything you ever wanted to do. A positive attitude can go a long way. Good luck and God bless you.

post #35 of 49 Old 09-13-2007, 08:05 PM
2006 919

Rear wheel
fabulous attitude, living to the max while you can.

I think as a 919 owner I feel proud that this is your choice to live it to the max.
and I think parking your 919 in your lounge
tres cool kinda like Dan Tanna parking his Tbird in his living room on Vegas.
enjoy.

but watch out for the carbon monoxide.

post #36 of 49 Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 

Hey rearwheel here's to you brother, i hope the docs are wrong, sometimes they are ya know... I think you'll find that riding the 9ner never get's old. I bought mine the first month they were in the US and I'm still floggin the hell out that thing. Hands down the best bike for the street IMO. I have a feeling the buzz from the 9ner just might be the cure for your condition.

I've heard that the roads in NZ are made with volcanic rock which provides nice traction for motorcycles.

post #37 of 49 Old 09-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Tesserarius

We could all get together in NZ and rent some bikes, and tour the country.
I'm due to go back in '09 that gives everybody time save up for it, and force rearwheel not to do anything dumb until after we've been!
REARWHEEL could work out an itinery for us?
Best time March, shoulder rates, good weather.

post #38 of 49 Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Tirone

Great attitude! Hopefully you'll prove the doctors wrong. The niner can work miracles!

post #39 of 49 Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOBMAN View Post
We could all get together in NZ and rent some bikes, and tour the country.
I'm due to go back in '09 that gives everybody time save up for it, and force rearwheel not to do anything dumb until after we've been!
REARWHEEL could work out an itinery for us?
Best time March, shoulder rates, good weather.
That would be the most fun, ever.

There's a bunch of places that rent motorcycles.

The only concern I have is which side does the drivers sit on in NZ?

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #40 of 49 Old 09-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelnick View Post
The only concern I have is which side does the drivers sit on in NZ?
I would hope the top side; however they do drive on the wrong side of the road, i would have to get used to that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode