Givi A755 windscreen on 919--what do you think? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 03-31-2009, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Tonight we ride

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

Givi A755 windscreen on 919--what do you think?

I'm going touring on the 919 in May-June this year, and think I'll need something a bit bigger than my Hondaline windscreen for many long days in the saddle and in the wind.

What do those of you who have the Givi A755 think of it? It looks a bit sporty, and as if it would offer decent wind protection. If you're thinking of selling yours, too, let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 AM

Smile Givi wind screen

Hello first I love the look of this on the bike however for block the wind it does not seem to block as much as I expected being a 45 years old I would like to have more blockage than wind but to answer your question best it is great looking excellent to ride during warmer weather 60 or higher and it is not for salegood luck Joe

post #3 of 9 Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I have one. It does a pretty good job of blocking the wind. Much better than the Honda screen. I can tella difference after taking it off. I would say you cant go wrong getting one.

2006 919 (Sold)
2011 Cb1000r

"oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good." - Cage The Elephant
post #4 of 9 Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Tonight we ride

Awards Showcase

It'll be for summer riding, and as I'm already accustomed to riding with near-zero wind protection, it sounds as if the Givi might be fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

post #5 of 9 Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I have a 755 that I use in spring / fall. In the heat of summer, I swap to a small aluminum piece that uses the same brackets.
The 755 sheds a diecent amount of wind, you'll like it.

I plan to die young, as late as possible.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Canadian Blue

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

I've got both the Honda Screen and the 755. The GIVI deflects wind better and I use it in the cooler temps of the spring and fall and for longer rides. The down side for both screens is the wind noise. With ear protection both are ok.
For short rides and my commute to work in the heat of the summer I prefer no screen at all.

Mark

post #7 of 9 Old 04-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I've got one and like it. It seems to move the air off yout torso and puts it at helmet level which does create some noise. No buffeting. That is if you're 6' tall and running stock bars. When I had the Renthals on the air was more over the top. I think it's the best looking of the larger windscreens available. Not perfect, but better than naked if you're spending time in the wind. When I toured without it the air on my chest at speed made me hang on to the bars tighter which induced fatigue.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #8 of 9 Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Mc 9er

hey nemo,i agree with the others,i dont think you'll be dissappointed, i'm still happy with mine. i bought mine colour matched,i dont know if they do nemogreen,thats somthing you would have to check out.

c 9er
silver,the fasted colour
post #9 of 9 Old 04-02-2009, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Tonight we ride

Awards Showcase

I think that I'd be hunting down something in plain ol' black, as nemogreen would be tough to find, sadly.

I'm 5'6" after a good day at the chiropractor, so I doubt I'll get too much buffeting. Found a person selling one on the ducati monster site, so I think I'm set--thanks, y'all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode