Givi 755 Mounting - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Givi 755 Mounting

I know some folks around here have a Givi 755 windscreen, and I am hoping to get a little feedback in regards to the mounting of said windscreen. My issue is that I can't seem to mount the windscreen in a position where the windscreen is completely on top of the headlight (this is with the 919 specific mounting brackets). The way it is mounted right now, the front portion of the windscreen is over the top of the chrome headlight rim, resting on the actual headlight itself. I have gone on numerous highway runs and everything is completely stable (nothing shaking or anything). Is this a common issue with the 755a? It is not causing any type of problem, I am just curious as to why I cannot find a bracket position which positions the windscreen on top of the headlight instead of in front of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I killed Barton664

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

I will check how mine is lined up in the AM. I think it is on top of the headlight though. The only problem i have is a vibration problem sometimes. It makes a ticking noise because the brackets are banging up against the headlight assembly. Do you have the right brackets? If not I have a set sitting in my closet they sent me 2 when I ordered them.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
I will check how mine is lined up in the AM. I think it is on top of the headlight though. The only problem i have is a vibration problem sometimes. It makes a ticking noise because the brackets are banging up against the headlight assembly. Do you have the right brackets? If not I have a set sitting in my closet they sent me 2 when I ordered them.
I had the same problem with the ticking/ vibes at certain RPM's with my windscreen. A couple of these at the points where the windscreen contacts the speedo fixed it for me. You could put a couple where it hits the headlight too. Got them at Lowes.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-23-2009, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

I am pretty sure I have the right brackets. I ordered form twisted throttle and made sure to also order the 919 mounting kit. I remounted the windscreen this morning and was able to get it over the headlight assembly (just barely, the front of the windscreen is now resting on top of the chrome headlight assembly housing), and after a test ride I did not notice any vibration or anything. It is still not perfect for how I want it, but if I play with it and maybe even bend the brackets a little I think I can get it pretty spot on. Thanks for the help.

post #5 of 6 Old 04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 

vaporman, be prepared for a wrestle tweeking those brackets, they're quite tough stainless.

Basspiece, PM sent abt. those extra brackets.

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

hey vaporman, I went to the auto parts store got some of that door guard trim (I got black) trimed to fit works great

2006 919 (Sold)
2011 Cb1000r

"oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good." - Cage The Elephant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode